Police Brutality in Evansville

Posted in the Darmstadt Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Evilleactivist

Evansville, IN

#1 Jun 16, 2013
I witnessed police brutality in Evansville last night. Has anyone else here witnessed this and got it on tape or photos? Innocents need to tape the police. We have a right to do so, ask for their badge number and keep your eyes peeled. Not all police are bad, but the ones who are breaking the rules should be stopped by turning them in and being peaceful. Explain what happened. Know your rights, and stand up to them peacefully.
pacer

United States

#2 Jun 16, 2013
Evilleactivist wrote:
I witnessed police brutality in Evansville last night. Has anyone else here witnessed this and got it on tape or photos? Innocents need to tape the police. We have a right to do so, ask for their badge number and keep your eyes peeled. Not all police are bad, but the ones who are breaking the rules should be stopped by turning them in and being peaceful. Explain what happened. Know your rights, and stand up to them peacefully.
A person on face book said he was brutalized by officer Mattingly. Is that who you saw

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 16, 2013
Hey trash! How about you don't do anything to draw police attention and MAYBE you won't be dealt with!? I hope they smash your brains in for your meth making, spousal abusing, child neglecting, and poor excuse behaviors! EPD! EPD! EPD!
wow

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 16, 2013
^^^ you are dumb
OHH

Canton, OH

#5 Jun 16, 2013
Well Opal Fly is a pretty menacing character. I wouldn't attempt any action without backup. Definite tazer case.
seriously

Newburgh, IN

#6 Jun 17, 2013
Not everyone's doing wrong for police to come to your place. Some people call the cops just because there mad at that person. I know first hand because it just happened to me. And the police found nothing and I've never had a record. As soon as I let them in to prove nothing was going on they laughed And ask who did u piss off haha. Because people pray that the cops find something but she's got bad krama coming her way now.
Evilleactivist

Evansville, IN

#7 Jun 17, 2013
This is serious. Officer Tom Mattingly beat someone up on front of all of us. This man is a peaceful human being and wouldn't hurt or hit anyone. He doesn't do drugs either, so it's unwarranted.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#8 Jun 17, 2013
It is every citizen's duty to film the police. A badge does not grant extra rights. Internal Affairs should be told to look into this. So says Captain Batman.
innocent

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jun 17, 2013
in my experience I've always been nice and treat them with respect and answer any questions they ask of me politely and not be a smartass and even if I feel like I'm being wronged.I was once sober as can be one night and I was stopped for no reason and held for 45 minutes doing sobriety tests what not cop was an a****** told me he knew I was drunksaid he wasn't sure if I did anything illegal on the road but maybe we made me wait a whole time until another unit came to give me a breathalyzer in which I passed very easily finally let me leave didn't even apologize
OHH

Canton, OH

#10 Jun 17, 2013
I'm not seeing any video posted on the EPD Facebook page? Gitbizzyyall.
Julio

Tempe, AZ

#11 Jun 17, 2013
This has caught my attention, as well as the attention of several of my friends. I would like more information and video. I can find almost no information via Google of Officer (Tom) Mattingly. I would like to help support Opal Fly if I can and if what he says can be backed up. Police brutality and abuse of power does not belong anywhere, including my home town!
Honest

La Vergne, TN

#12 Jun 17, 2013
I head a domestic violence call come trough on the scanner on Friday evening. I heard a officer respond "it's not worth it" "he didn't feel like going"
The call was on the east side of Evansville.
But your fat a!! Sure does make it to eat and sit in the car all night! Going to strip clubs and the local bars sleeping with woman! PIGS
updater

Evansville, IN

#13 Jun 17, 2013
His name is Todd Mattingly. Anyone else have problems with this guy? Have heard that he has a hot temper.
kristy

Evansville, IN

#14 Jun 17, 2013
Captain Batman wrote:
It is every citizen's duty to film the police. A badge does not grant extra rights. Internal Affairs should be told to look into this. So says Captain Batman.
..I have never dealt with EPD or the Sheriff's in Indiana except a ticket before..but I do agree there are ALOT of EPD that think just cause they have a badge they can talk down to people and its wrong I don't care if your EPD the way I see you treat people is wrong...the only sheriff I ever saw that was a big asshole and anyone I know say's the same is the hevy set black male...that being said not all are like that but iv only meet 1 EPD before when they had to put a BOLO on my car. And he is the only one that didn't think he could just be an ass for no reason...I know they have a lot to deal with with all the dummies now a days but it doesn't give them the write to think you should kiss there ass
rb

Evansville, IN

#15 Jun 17, 2013
Ho
for reals

Chicago, IL

#16 Jun 17, 2013
This is a terrible event but both sides are posting lies. I would ask that if you are in support of Fox, please stick to the truth. I was there and know fit sure some half truths are being reported from "witnesses" this could be what ends up hanging fox. So if you
Wanna help try to find real concrete video/photographic evidence and stop with the fabricated stories.
hell no

Newburgh, IN

#17 Jun 17, 2013
Yea Mattingly has a rep for f$#king people up he has been doing it for years. He will walk he always does. They always get off EVERYTIME.

Since: Apr 13

United States

#18 Jun 17, 2013
if you need the law you better hope you get a sherriff and not an epd officer. i know they are not all bad but i have got nothing but smart asses any time i have needed them. bolin needs to spend more time looking at his own. we pay them and we should respect them. but sometimes they are rude and show no respect. dealing with bad people and serving the public is their and if they do not like it find another. and no i have never been arrested. one speeding ticket and nothing else
O yeah

Evansville, IN

#19 Jun 17, 2013
How many of you would let a drunk man yell and curse in your face? Im sure as an officer he didnt like it either which is why he was delt with accordingly. I guess tryin to show up an officer, doing his job, didnt work out well for this guy. Great job officer Mattingly, thank you for doing your job.
clutch

Richland, IN

#20 Jun 17, 2013
This dude wasn't beaten, look at the mug shot. If anyone was hit in the face 30+ times with no defense, it's going to show. It's all for publicity and money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
usisnaps 5 min goose 1
to that guy at ABS 5 min looking 4 more 1
Cody Blocker 6 min Lol 14
Leighanne Hurt (Mar '13) 47 min Oh lord 71
Cheating men at Berry 51 min FYI 1
Dez 1 hr Hahaha 14
stealing from a singe mom 1 hr Tiredofthelies 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darmstadt Mortgages