4 Evansville men sentenced to life on...

4 Evansville men sentenced to life on drug charges

There are 16 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 17, 2009, titled 4 Evansville men sentenced to life on drug charges. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Four Evansville men convicted of distributing about 12 kilograms of crack cocaine have been sentenced to life in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

republican for life

Morgantown, WV

#1 Mar 17, 2009
How ridiculous is this. Now we pay room a board for these four for the next 50 years, and what good does it do?? Drugs will always be easily accessible to those who choose to use them. End the war on drugs. It is a pointless waste of public resources.
DSW

Earlsboro, OK

#2 Mar 22, 2009
Life is only 25 yrs and it didn't say without parole so they will be up for parole in less than 25 yrs. Our great judicial system is hard at work once again.
Wow

Murray, KY

#3 Jun 27, 2009
Thats the dumbest thing i have heard in a long time. Life? Really? Even if it is just 25 years thats still rediculous. I just think its sad that these four men have been sentenced to life when a rapist or a child molester can go out and do whatever it is they do and then get away with 8 years, parole, oh and they have to be on a list for the rest of their lives. How in the hell does this happen? Thats the united states courts for you.
smart guy

Florence, KY

#4 Sep 5, 2009
theres no parole in federal prison life is life never come home unless they win there appeal and get over turned free big b...
trickle fan

United States

#5 Sep 8, 2009
or unless they're freemasons
and everyone knows the sh!t they do
ibegtodiffer

White Plains, KY

#6 Oct 13, 2009
Wow wrote:
Thats the dumbest thing i have heard in a long time. Life? Really? Even if it is just 25 years thats still rediculous. I just think its sad that these four men have been sentenced to life when a rapist or a child molester can go out and do whatever it is they do and then get away with 8 years, parole, oh and they have to be on a list for the rest of their lives. How in the hell does this happen? Thats the united states courts for you.
I agree. The courts have it all backwards...and they know it. It all boils down to money. What a shame!!
ryder

Evansville, IN

#7 Oct 19, 2009
Thats 12 kilos people. You realize how many lives will either be screwed up or lost because of that crap. People get robbed and killed over that BS every day. These people who distribute that S**T are just to lazy to get a job and work like regular citizens. No I don't want to help pay for them to sit in jail, but I damn sure don't want them on the streets either. These are the same turds breaking into peoples houses and stealing cars. Maybe the chain-gang method on the side of the roads could be an answer.
ummm

Florence, KY

#8 May 14, 2013
wow
Jordan mf berry

United States

#9 May 14, 2013
I wonder if they ever thought of making a website marking all the convicted drug dealers on the map?
blah

Tucker, GA

#10 May 14, 2013
Didn't some mt Vernon white trash do like 15 yrs for murder and attempted murder?
makeslittlesence

Florence, KY

#11 May 14, 2013
I know people sitting around in prison for 20+ yrs over a gram or two of crack. Do they really think 20 yrs is going to change someone?? If you can't change someone in 5-10 yrs, they are probably not going to change. Murderers get less time. Those two boys who were high on drugs and killed CHarlie Simpson are out after only 14 yrs while my brother sits in prison for a few grams of crack.(going on 14 yrs now.) Is the judicial sysytem sending the message that drugs are worth more time than a life?? I don't think so. I know a rapist who only got 5 yrs. Ridiculous. I would much rather the rapist have gotten life than a drug dealer. Problem solver: no addicts, no dealers. People who want to escape from reality will find a way.
soccermom

Akron, OH

#12 May 14, 2013
Wow wrote:
Amen
black

Tucker, GA

#13 May 14, 2013
Who was it that got sentenced to life ( names)
hellno

Akron, OH

#14 May 14, 2013
black wrote:
lets see, it was any, minnie, mynie, moe!!! next they will be trying to push death row for convicted drug offenders. its all messed up...
openyoureyez

Evansville, IN

#15 May 15, 2013
black wrote:
why do drug related crimes get ridiculous time its because its usually people who don't have anything looking for a way out and 9 times out of 10 that's minorities and its so easy to get your hands on they want to lock them up for life but the people that made it available get nothing
haha

Kansas City, MO

#16 May 15, 2013
Life in federal is just that LIFE life in Feds means u NEVER come out alive

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
katie sisk mattingly 4 min wantit 1
Steven Freels 31 min Sur13 1
Moving on 32 min No one cares 3
Ryan Collins 33 min Sur13 1
Don't fall for Mr.BS 34 min Jss 4
Amp 36 min nat 1
Thomas Hibbs 40 min Abh23 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darmstadt Mortgages