WWII veteran leaves behind D-Day inva...

WWII veteran leaves behind D-Day invasion map

There are 3 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Jun 6, 2008, titled WWII veteran leaves behind D-Day invasion map. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

The family of a World War II veteran who stormed the beaches of northern France on D-Day have uncovered a map of the invasion plans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

Valparaiso, IN

#1 Jun 6, 2008
I would be interested in hearing what he had to say, does the family intend to market the audio?

Antioch, IL

#2 Jun 7, 2008
The map would be of particular value because it was made just before the invasion. I would also like to hear his verbal account of things because he was a participant. BTW did anyone mention what outfit he was in? It is significant because it would clarify which beach(Omaha or Utah)he landed on. My thanks to a genuine American hero!!!

Knightstown, IN

#3 Jun 8, 2008
That's pretty sad when we have 30 posts on some of these stories and a pidly 2 on this one. There should be more people wanting to ask these questions about a true American hero. God Bless Him and God Bless America! Sgt, USMC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heavenly don't know the last name 18 min uhggg 18
I wish Kelli Boyd get her azz out the way Big B... 33 min Ugh 2
When I think about you 36 min Lmao 33
Bridget Lafferty 37 min Youreeaterriblepe... 2
Crazy for missing him. 39 min Sure do 36
Stripper Tips for newbies (Nov '12) 41 min Raven Pacers SD 98
Jason wyatt 48 min Liven4today 1

Darmstadt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance