A second person charged in Beumer rob...

A second person charged in Beumer robbery seeks change of venue for trial

There are 19 comments on the Evansville Courier & Press story from Sep 12, 2013, titled A second person charged in Beumer robbery seeks change of venue for trial. In it, Evansville Courier & Press reports that:

Douglas Walton, attorney for Eric Weston Dunn, filed the motion in Vanderburgh Superior Court on Thursday, the same day that the Prosecutor's Office filed a sentence enhancement alleging Dunn's criminal gang involvement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evansville Courier & Press.

Free Ira

Evansville, IN

#1 Sep 13, 2013
Ira will walk.
Roman Helmet

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2013
all these "gangstas " are all crying foul now. poor Jeton wants a change of venue. Most worthless human being ever. Dunn is the same. Jenkins is in hell right now in agony begging for a death that will never come.
obvious

Burlington, KY

#3 Sep 13, 2013
how is it that a black man can shoot a 13 month old baby in the head in front of its mom, because she didn't give him enough money when he tried to rob her, and there isn't a huge uproar about that? how is it that an 88 yr old WWII vet can be beat to death by two black teens and there isn't more being said about that? let a white man kill a black man, and SH*T hits the fan.. Let a George Zimmerman (not white) kill a Treyvon Martin, and the nation goes into an huge uproar because of it... Maybe when you people open your eyes and realize the problem lies within the black community, the problems with racism will be "fixed", or a the very least move in a direction that promotes healing between us. You are too ignorant to see that the Al Sharptons, and the Jesse Jacksons and the NAACP aren't trying to make your lives better, they are trying to keep race relations unstable so they can keep a position of power. You are pawns in a black mans game to keep himself in the spotlight, and you follow that like sheep to water. That boy that died on the side of the road got what he deserved.. Not because he was black, but because he was a CRIMINAL.
mazda

Newburgh, IN

#4 Sep 13, 2013
Free Ira wrote:
Ira will walk.
yes he will walk...he'll walk right into a prison cell where he belongs
mazda

Newburgh, IN

#5 Sep 13, 2013
obvious wrote:
how is it that a black man can shoot a 13 month old baby in the head in front of its mom, because she didn't give him enough money when he tried to rob her, and there isn't a huge uproar about that? how is it that an 88 yr old WWII vet can be beat to death by two black teens and there isn't more being said about that? let a white man kill a black man, and SH*T hits the fan.. Let a George Zimmerman (not white) kill a Treyvon Martin, and the nation goes into an huge uproar because of it... Maybe when you people open your eyes and realize the problem lies within the black community, the problems with racism will be "fixed", or a the very least move in a direction that promotes healing between us. You are too ignorant to see that the Al Sharptons, and the Jesse Jacksons and the NAACP aren't trying to make your lives better, they are trying to keep race relations unstable so they can keep a position of power. You are pawns in a black mans game to keep himself in the spotlight, and you follow that like sheep to water. That boy that died on the side of the road got what he deserved.. Not because he was black, but because he was a CRIMINAL.
yet white men continue to shoot up movie theaters and schools
makesnosense

Lithonia, GA

#6 Sep 13, 2013
mazda wrote:
<quoted text>yet white men continue to shoot up movie theaters and schools
if that's the best reply you can come up with, you turely are an idiot. Lets look at the numbers of deaths versus the population percentages if that's what you are after... I'm just saying that as long as the black community blames anyone but themselves for their problems, they are always going to be the downtrodden, because they want to be. Be more tomorrow than you are today. Or be what you are now, forever. Not rocket science
billfold

Newburgh, IN

#7 Sep 13, 2013
makesnosense wrote:
<quoted text>if that's the best reply you can come up with, you turely are an idiot. Lets look at the numbers of deaths versus the population percentages if that's what you are after... I'm just saying that as long as the black community blames anyone but themselves for their problems, they are always going to be the downtrodden, because they want to be. Be more tomorrow than you are today. Or be what you are now, forever. Not rocket science
whites are the most racist species on the planet
lmao

Florence, KY

#8 Sep 13, 2013
makesnosense wrote:
<quoted text>if that's the best reply you can come up with, you turely are an idiot. Lets look at the numbers of deaths versus the population percentages if that's what you are after... I'm just saying that as long as the black community blames anyone but themselves for their problems, they are always going to be the downtrodden, because they want to be. Be more tomorrow than you are today. Or be what you are now, forever. Not rocket science
you are pure pink peckerwood
Roman Helmet

United States

#9 Sep 13, 2013
It's not about race. They just got owned by Beumer.
Legal Eagle

Evansville, IN

#10 Sep 13, 2013
Ira will walk.
obvious

Burlington, KY

#11 Sep 13, 2013
yea, im as white as the driven snow, and im actually trying to show you people where the problems are. I don't care if you like me or not.. I will sleep in my 2500 sq ft paid for house, drive my paid for car, and hang out with all my friends, either way. the problem is, you are too blinded by hate and desire to take from me what I have, that you wont go out and try to get it yourself. as long as you have a victim mentality, you will always be where you are now.. get a set of balls and make yours.. nobody gave me mine.
Ric Flair

Florence, KY

#15 Sep 13, 2013
obvious wrote:
how is it that a black man can shoot a 13 month old baby in the head in front of its mom, because she didn't give him enough money when he tried to rob her, and there isn't a huge uproar about that? how is it that an 88 yr old WWII vet can be beat to death by two black teens and there isn't more being said about that? let a white man kill a black man, and SH*T hits the fan.. Let a George Zimmerman (not white) kill a Treyvon Martin, and the nation goes into an huge uproar because of it... Maybe when you people open your eyes and realize the problem lies within the black community, the problems with racism will be "fixed", or a the very least move in a direction that promotes healing between us. You are too ignorant to see that the Al Sharptons, and the Jesse Jacksons and the NAACP aren't trying to make your lives better, they are trying to keep race relations unstable so they can keep a position of power. You are pawns in a black mans game to keep himself in the spotlight, and you follow that like sheep to water. That boy that died on the side of the road got what he deserved.. Not because he was black, but because he was a CRIMINAL.
Those stories did get considerable news coverage. The difference is the black murderers were arrested and charged quickly, and will be found guilty.
Zimmerman being found not guilty was the legally correct call, but common sense says that if he had followed the "don't start none, won't be none" lifestyle his life wouldn't be all kinds of f'd up right now, and Martin would still be alive.
And Ira will go to prison. He shouldn't have told the cop he was trying to kill them. He's stupid as hell for that, though I'll admit I gave a little cheer when I heard about it. Not out of racism, but because people that "hit licks" (as the kids say) deserve that kind of justice.
Larry Flynt

Akron, OH

#16 Sep 13, 2013
Ric Flair wrote:
<quoted text>
Those stories did get considerable news coverage. The difference is the black murderers were arrested and charged quickly, and will be found guilty.
Zimmerman being found not guilty was the legally correct call, but common sense says that if he had followed the "don't start none, won't be none" lifestyle his life wouldn't be all kinds of f'd up right now, and Martin would still be alive.
And Ira will go to prison. He shouldn't have told the cop he was trying to kill them. He's stupid as hell for that, though I'll admit I gave a little cheer when I heard about it. Not out of racism, but because people that "hit licks" (as the kids say) deserve that kind of justice.
well ric the " don't start none won't be none" idea ,should Ira used that and let them took his stuff then everyone would be alive and out of trouble? Zimmerman situation is not the same as Beumers.
He would chased them if they were white I am sure. If it was me it wouldn't matter a bit when someone is running off with your stuff you just want it back.
I don't know if he will walk or not. That however is a Zimmerman kind of situation of 50/50
Ric Flair

Florence, KY

#17 Sep 13, 2013
Larry Flynt wrote:
<quoted text> well ric the " don't start none won't be none" idea ,should Ira used that and let them took his stuff then everyone would be alive and out of trouble? Zimmerman situation is not the same as Beumers.
He would chased them if they were white I am sure. If it was me it wouldn't matter a bit when someone is running off with your stuff you just want it back.
I don't know if he will walk or not. That however is a Zimmerman kind of situation of 50/50
I agree, totally different. IMO, Zimmerman was in the wrong, but couldn't be convicted with the evidence. Ima may have been in the right, but he was no longer in danger and attacked with the intent to kill. If the jury follows the law, he'll be convicted.
twowrongs

Florence, KY

#18 Sep 13, 2013
Two wrongs never make a right. Ira better plead out like the robbers are doing. He became a criminal just as guilty as the robbers when he hopped in his vehicle and chased them down. If he had just shot them on his property there would be no discussion. However, once the danger has passed and is driving away, you cannot by law, not morality, chase people down and intentionally ram them. Whatever occurred after the ramming, is on his shoulders.
Larry Flynt

United States

#20 Sep 13, 2013
Ric Flair wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, totally different. IMO, Zimmerman was in the wrong, but couldn't be convicted with the evidence. Ima may have been in the right, but he was no longer in danger and attacked with the intent to kill. If the jury follows the law, he'll be convicted.
That is true he wasnt in any danger after they left
indy commentary

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Sep 14, 2013
mazda wrote:
<quoted text>yet white men continue to shoot up movie theaters and schools
Hmm, and in Indianapolis the homicide count is at 98 for 2013. the majority of the homicides are black people. bartlies.com/homicide-list/

So when some white person wacked out on anti depressants goes nuts and kills 20 to 30 people, it gets national attention.

But when the homicide count in Indy is at 98 for the year (overwhelmingly black), it's not considered newsworthy.

I guess the lack of news coverage suggests a state of normality for the black community.

In my opinion, it is racist for big media not giving the attention to this horrible problem in the black community.
thatsaboutright

Burlington, KY

#22 Sep 14, 2013
if the media covered the actual crime in this country, it would be considered "racist" because there would be more nappy heads on there than on BET...
indy commentary

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Sep 15, 2013
thatsaboutright wrote:
if the media covered the actual crime in this country, it would be considered "racist" because there would be more nappy heads on there than on BET...
It would be better if the media alert everyone of a problem instead of sweeping the problem under the rug.

If we were nationally made aware of the problem, then maybe all communities can work together for a resolution of the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon Stewart 17 min HateCheaters 1
Women who Don't know who their baby daddy is (Feb '13) 19 min CanadianPerspective 48
News Boy, 5, Drowns in Public Pool, Body Found by An... 25 min Rattlesnake Pete 10
i am going to live with you now 34 min movingday 1
Things not to talk about on Topix 34 min Methville 1,443
Creepy Uncle 36 min Methville 47
Why did Eric Marks Quit tri state wrestling? 13 hr Nunya 2

Darmstadt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darmstadt Mortgages