Berry Plastics is going bankrupt

Berry Plastics is going bankrupt

Posted in the Darmstadt Forum

berrysuxballs

Cadiz, KY

#1 Dec 15, 2011
shame on you Berry Plastics. lying to and misleading people are not family values. one day very soon it will be very hard for companies like yours to find workers who will be loyal to you. your philosophy of for profits at all costs will eventually be your undoing. berry and many other companies have forgotten what has made america the greatest manufacturing country in the world. loyal hard working american men and women. now you seek only to grow larger and larger, not realizing that your foundation is being torn away little by little. as american jobs are dissappearing every day one day your services may no longer be needed. if i were a berry employee i would be wondering if my number might be up next. i know that berry and other companies like it wont listen to these simple words because they are blinded by greed. this i fear will be our fate. but i am hoping that i am wrong. god bless america.
Joe B Hall

Florence, KY

#2 Dec 25, 2011
Where did you see or hear that this company is going bankrupt? They are the biggest employer in Evansville.
wow

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 26, 2011
That will be a bunch of people without jobs when Berry decides its more cost effective to make their products some where else. All it would take is buying a company with a better location and then Berry won't be employing any body in Evansville but that probably will not happen. Keep telling yourselves that when you are on your way to the unemployment office.
Yeah

Tucker, GA

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Ok dumbass if berry was going bankrupt why did I get a 1100 bonus and so did a lot of other ppl I know and some even more if they were bankrupt they wouldn't be throwing stacks around like that!
Jimmy jam

Chardon, OH

#5 Feb 11, 2013
Berry is up to their eyeballs in debt. They have taken on far more than they can manage. Something will have to give in the near future. I look for them to relocate most of their production to Mexico. Someone's $1100 for stacking caps bonus is a years pay south of Texas. Their white collar management staff will remain local.
Steve

New Albany, IN

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Then why is it they just released about a wk ago they're expanding and hiring about 250 plus more people?
Eric

Chardon, OH

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Berry did not promise to employ these folks for life, they can lay them off as fast as the were hired. This is their main hub right now so they would have to hire but that doesn't mean it will be their main hub forever.
Inside

Austin, TX

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Not going anywhere. My bonus was 80k. Stock is great and so is my company car. Company is growing very well and you have nothing to worry about. We are going nowhere.
YourAJoke

Newburgh, IN

#9 Feb 11, 2013
berrysuxballs wrote:
shame on you Berry Plastics. lying to and misleading people are not family values. one day very soon it will be very hard for companies like yours to find workers who will be loyal to you. your philosophy of for profits at all costs will eventually be your undoing. berry and many other companies have forgotten what has made america the greatest manufacturing country in the world. loyal hard working american men and women. now you seek only to grow larger and larger, not realizing that your foundation is being torn away little by little. as american jobs are dissappearing every day one day your services may no longer be needed. if i were a berry employee i would be wondering if my number might be up next. i know that berry and other companies like it wont listen to these simple words because they are blinded by greed. this i fear will be our fate. but i am hoping that i am wrong. god bless america.
if I were you I would quit now before they go down and take you with them! Hurry.....
BusinessMajor

Tucker, GA

#10 Feb 11, 2013
berrysuxballs wrote:
shame on you Berry Plastics. lying to and misleading people are not family values. one day very soon it will be very hard for companies like yours to find workers who will be loyal to you. your philosophy of for profits at all costs will eventually be your undoing. berry and many other companies have forgotten what has made america the greatest manufacturing country in the world. loyal hard working american men and women. now you seek only to grow larger and larger, not realizing that your foundation is being torn away little by little. as american jobs are dissappearing every day one day your services may no longer be needed. if i were a berry employee i would be wondering if my number might be up next. i know that berry and other companies like it wont listen to these simple words because they are blinded by greed. this i fear will be our fate. but i am hoping that i am wrong. god bless america.
China is the largest manufacturing country in the world so get your sh*t straight before u make accusations with no facts to reinforce them.
BusinessMajor

Tucker, GA

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Jimmy jam wrote:
Berry is up to their eyeballs in debt. They have taken on far more than they can manage. Something will have to give in the near future. I look for them to relocate most of their production to Mexico. Someone's $1100 for stacking caps bonus is a years pay south of Texas. Their white collar management staff will remain local.
Instead of looking for what berry is gonna do why don't you look up some facts and do some research before u make idiotic accusations. Whirlpool relocated to Mexico and they are failing miserably which is why they are coming back to the states. The quality of work they are getting from the employees is horrific. I am sure people in the corporate offices there who are much more intelligent then you saw that and won't make the same mistake.
BusinessMajor

Tucker, GA

#12 Feb 11, 2013
There is a thing called the N. A. F. T. A. Which is the North American Free Trade Act which allows us to trade freely with Canada and Mexico. Which Is why there was such a big deal about getting that I-69 built which more directly connects Canada and Mexico and it runs directly through the middle of the country. So business won't be moving too much anymore because the economic growth in southwestern Indiana will be booming. Current projections show that evansville will be the size of Indianapolis within 20 years when I-69 is finished.
what

Louisville, KY

#13 Feb 11, 2013
berrysuxballs wrote:
shame on you Berry Plastics. lying to and misleading people are not family values. one day very soon it will be very hard for companies like yours to find workers who will be loyal to you. your philosophy of for profits at all costs will eventually be your undoing. berry and many other companies have forgotten what has made america the greatest manufacturing country in the world. loyal hard working american men and women. now you seek only to grow larger and larger, not realizing that your foundation is being torn away little by little. as american jobs are dissappearing every day one day your services may no longer be needed. if i were a berry employee i would be wondering if my number might be up next. i know that berry and other companies like it wont listen to these simple words because they are blinded by greed. this i fear will be our fate. but i am hoping that i am wrong. god bless america.
American jobs are leaving along with punctuation, capitalization, and rational arguments. Berry Plastics is not going anywhere. It does not make fiscal sense to invest substantial capital in a facility and then abandon it. They depend on our plant because we set the benchmark for all of our other plants. I would wager that this is another "union" scare or someone who was recently released from their position creating uunsubstantiated lies. If you're going to post something like this, you may want to actually have facts to back it up. Otherwise, don't worry about Berry Plastics. We're doing just fine.
James

United States

#14 Feb 11, 2013
Is or is berry not drowning in debt? Isn't a lot of what they produce consumer driven and dependent on the economy? I am
Just asking, not trying to fight. It just seems to me that they would be held back a little from their debt and a not so robust economy plus numerous other market factors. I understand that Berry is doing good now but what about a year or two down the road? What are their biggest markets?
Yeah

Tucker, GA

#15 Feb 11, 2013
Your ppl are so dumb! Just alone uniliever is a 45 million dolar a year customer not to mention McDonald's which is even a bigger customer than them. Not to mention Dannon another big customer, what about all the big customers we have in molding to? Some of the products we make we are the only ones that make it anywhere!!! It's called a patent. And why would they be expanding at the Evansville plant and adding new machines and new products if they were going under?? You guys have no idea what your speaking about so just shut up
Inside

Evansville, IN

#17 Feb 13, 2013
Just to really throw you off Berry already has a plant in Mexico. For those of you that don't know there are over 80 Berry Plastic Plants all over the world. We aren't just an Evansville Company. If the company was bankrupt they would not be giving their employees PROFIT SHARING BONUSES!!! People need to get a clue. Also when people apply and get a job at Berry they know exactly what they are siging up for. If you don't want to work hard to earn a living then please do not apply.
Upinya

Evansville, IN

#18 Feb 13, 2013
Jimmy jam wrote:
Berry is up to their eyeballs in debt. They have taken on far more than they can manage. Something will have to give in the near future. I look for them to relocate most of their production to Mexico. Someone's $1100 for stacking caps bonus is a years pay south of Texas. Their white collar management staff will remain local.
Idiot!! We had a plant in Mexico. Quality was terrible and skill level was zero. Workers going down there weren't safe. Pulled everything out and located back in the states.
Anonymous

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Mar 27, 2013
Inside wrote:
Just to really throw you off Berry already has a plant in Mexico. For those of you that don't know there are over 80 Berry Plastic Plants all over the world. We aren't just an Evansville Company. If the company was bankrupt they would not be giving their employees PROFIT SHARING BONUSES!!! People need to get a clue. Also when people apply and get a job at Berry they know exactly what they are siging up for. If you don't want to work hard to earn a living then please do not apply.
There are 2 berry plants in mexico. Berry has bought out 83 companies with Apollo backing. I would expect an insider like yourself to know these things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Chuck Berry 14 min Perv 1
Single guys who have it together 31 min evillian 30
Snitch for Aleah 1 hr Amanda 285
Unfaithful doctors . 1 hr Anne 5
krissie kirk 2 hr yo 1
Christ the king. Father Deig 2 hr Ctk kid 26
secretly in cemetery 2 hr disrespectful 17

Darmstadt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darmstadt Mortgages