Why does every dude in Evansville wan...

Why does every dude in Evansville want to be a rapper?

Posted in the Darmstadt Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

United States

#1 May 25, 2013
Seems like the majority of dudes age 16-30 wants to rap. What's the big deal about making music? There has never been a rapper that made it big out of Indiana. There's a 99.999% chance you won't make it. Do any of you make money from your music? I just don't see the point in wasting your time on rapping.

Chicago, IL

#2 May 25, 2013
Too lazy to get a job

Florence, KY

#3 May 25, 2013
If that's their dream let them live it, whether they make money off of it or just do it for fun. Nobody's telling you that your dreams stupid and pointless so don't judge others! It's just not nice and this post is just ignorant. Have a good day :)

United States

#4 May 25, 2013
Im not judging anybody. I'm just curious as to why so many people want to rap. If your dream is to make music without getting paid for it then you need to look in the mirror and re-evaluate your whole life.

Evansville, IN

#5 May 25, 2013
Because people are followers. There is nothing wrong with wanting to live your dreams, but when almost EVERYONE has the same dream, something is clearly wrong with that. Also "our" culture is a problem. When people who value speaking correctly and their education are called "lames," then of course no one would want to do anything other than fit in and be "hood".

Kent, OH

#6 May 25, 2013
high school failures

Evansville, IN

#7 May 25, 2013
I remember watching Divorce Court and it got me hot !!!! There are women who have 2 jobs and support these type of dudes while they wait for their big 2 Chainz break at 30 WTF?!?!

You need to have a job and pursue that as a hobby , making $50 performing at some rink dink ass club cannot feed children sorry.

Evansville, IN

#8 May 25, 2013
Same reason some people want to be rock stars or girls want to be actresses or models. It's the glamorous life.

Chicago, IL

#9 May 25, 2013
That's all that they see on tv. You want to be what you are constantly shown as what the pinnacle of "success".

Until we start showing the young heads successful images of tech execs, lawyers, doctors, engineers, programmers....shit is going to stay the same.

Murray, KY

#10 May 25, 2013
My name is Bob and Id like to say i rap to hip hop cuz I like the pay. Im the best flow creator eva!

Newburgh, IN

#11 May 25, 2013
most of these "local rappers" are either drug dealers or broke with nothing to show for themselves. maybe if they put in as much work to pursue a real career other than rappin then maybe they can be successful. i guess if you have no future then the last resort is to pick up mic and start rappin knowing you wont be a superstar. wtf is the world coming to?

Union, KY

#12 May 25, 2013
Actually there is a famous rapper from eville dummy, look it up & he bangs that chick from boy meets world, sounds like success to me

Florence, KY

#13 May 25, 2013
Or most the rappers are kids with dreams, if that's rapping wanting to be a doctor or dreaming to be a apple! Lets let them try to be whoever they want to be!
Look at U

Noblesville, IN

#14 May 25, 2013
urstoopid wrote:
Actually there is a famous rapper from eville dummy, look it up & he bangs that chick from boy meets world, sounds like success to me
U r so stupid... what's his name genius? U dont even know ureself

Chicago, IL

#15 May 25, 2013
all i know is just about every boy i've talked to wants to be a rapper and more than half of them are wack! some do it as a hobby but i dont know what they want to be in life. but i think the reason they strive for being rapper is because that life is glamorized on tv, especially rapping. the girls, the clothes, the money you can just throw around, not being able to go to college to get started in that career. people eat that stuff up. lawyers/doctors whatever is not seen as glamorous and it requires a lot of work.
hi there

Kent, OH

#16 May 25, 2013
you think a majority want to rap because all your friends are stupid

United States

#17 May 25, 2013
rapping takes a superior talent make the large industry of music. like anything else, basketball football, acting, singing/rap, etc, you can not be just good, have to be great to excel. good luck to all the hoprfuls, mean time, get a job to survive!

Evansville, IN

#18 May 25, 2013
If you're 25+, and still haven't made it, give up and do something else!! It's such a turnoff when you meet a guy and he says "I'm working on my album," so is MC Hammer, boy bye.

Evansville, IN

#19 May 25, 2013
I want to shoot Souljah boy and OJ juice man Gucci man or whatever

Sorry to the fans of those people but they SUCK ASS to me

I like Hip-Hop more than rap

Anybody can RAP but to do Hip-Hop is to have talent and yes there's a BIG difference

Hip-Hop is like the ear to the streets from the dancing to the lyrics

Rap is all about balling out of control, Bitches, hoes, skanks sluts degrading women on and on

I'm sick of RAP I want HIP-HOP BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Rock stars aren't like Rappers they stay true to their game and their fans Rappers just want to make money

United States

#21 May 25, 2013
Actually there is a rapper from evansville thats makin it big now. He goes by Nupin. So yeah. And ik so many rappers that have graduated high s hool AND gone to college

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Electra it's very very true HIV 3 min electra 9
How many Wise's have been in VCJ now? 7 min hiho 2
Licking butt 10 min Agreed 3
Dr. Malek?? (Dec '15) 14 min popcorn 33
Is she on Facebook 28 min Wondering 1
How do u feel a.s. 31 min Asc 3
Chauna Reed 40 min wordy 92

Darmstadt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance