Berry plastic to close
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jeremiah

United States

#23 Jan 14, 2013
You are foolish wrote:
<quoted text>Whirlpool made an enormous amount of profit for the share holders and management. Why shouldn't the workers be rewarded? Only someone at the top would have such a negative view of the whirlpool union.

Look at what Toyota is doing now. They are paying "temps" half the meager wage they pay their full time people because there is no Union to try to stop them. Toyota does not make the caliber if car they once did and they will continue to pay the area workers less and less as long as they are in the region. There are corporate talks to move the production to Texas with the other plant because of import export prices and labor are cheaper.
Temps get paid less bc the company they hire threw take half the pay not Toyota
Qwerty

Evansville, IN

#24 Jan 14, 2013
You are foolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Whirlpool made an enormous amount of profit for the share holders and management. Why shouldn't the workers be rewarded? Only someone at the top would have such a negative view of the whirlpool union.
Look at what Toyota is doing now. They are paying "temps" half the meager wage they pay their full time people because there is no Union to try to stop them. Toyota does not make the caliber if car they once did and they will continue to pay the area workers less and less as long as they are in the region. There are corporate talks to move the production to Texas with the other plant because of import export prices and labor are cheaper.
Toyota has a 2.1% net profit margin (total production). I wonder what that margin would be if they had to run their company with a union in place? The move to Texas you speak of was the tundra line which was replaced by the highlander. The reason they use temps is because they need...you guessed it, temporary workers. It seems to me you believe you are owed or should be guaranteed a job, which reeks of socialism or even worse, statism.
understood

Evansville, IN

#25 Jan 15, 2013
Berry would not benefit from a union, they are not a skilled trade. What I heat it's an cheat on your spouse factory. It's ok they like their free-dumb. Wait til Right to Work comes in and lower the wages for the non union, because non union wages are set by union wages. What else haS the union gave you what did you say weekends for real!
YourADumbass

Evansville, IN

#26 Jan 15, 2013
City info wrote:
New factory in Mexico. The new plant is fully up and running. It was an existing factory berry purchased. They will reduce evansville work force over half.evansville will become a distribution center.
read todays paper dumba$$!
haha

Henderson, KY

#27 Jan 15, 2013
Remember that one time when we were closing, but they actually announced they were adding jobs? Good times.
employee

Elmhurst, IL

#28 Jan 15, 2013
blah

Buffalo Grove, IL

#29 Jan 15, 2013
You are foolish wrote:
<quoted text>Whirlpool made an enormous amount of profit for the share holders and management. Why shouldn't the workers be rewarded? Only someone at the top would have such a negative view of the whirlpool union.

Look at what Toyota is doing now. They are paying "temps" half the meager wage they pay their full time people because there is no Union to try to stop them. Toyota does not make the caliber if car they once did and they will continue to pay the area workers less and less as long as they are in the region. There are corporate talks to move the production to Texas with the other plant because of import export prices and labor are cheaper.
You're an even bigger moron. There are no talks of moving any thing from Princeton to Texas.
tru

Carol Stream, IL

#30 Jan 15, 2013
U ignorant union @$$3$. I found a 20 plus hour job in a shit economy. Get overtime after 8. Ot on weekends. Doubletime on sundays. Upgrade pay for filling in when people are oit. All non union! That seems like more than 10a dollars. And toyota has factories here because this is where they sell their cars. Much cheaper than all the shipping they used to do.
Morris

United States

#31 Jan 16, 2013
Does anyone know if Berry hires felons?
Morris

United States

#32 Jan 16, 2013
tru wrote:
U ignorant union @$$3$. I found a 20 plus hour job in a shit economy. Get overtime after 8. Ot on weekends. Doubletime on sundays. Upgrade pay for filling in when people are oit. All non union! That seems like more than 10a dollars. And toyota has factories here because this is where they sell their cars. Much cheaper than all the shipping they used to do.
So your working at Toyota? I have an assessment test tomorrow thru Aerotek. U know If they would hire me as a felon? Been 2 years.
Nonunion

Newburgh, IN

#33 Jan 16, 2013
Berry does not hire felons.
Nonunion

Newburgh, IN

#34 Jan 16, 2013
33 million investment in a plant that is moving?? There you go union freak. They are growing in this economy because we are right to work.. Amen!!
Sean

Evansville, IN

#35 Jan 17, 2013
Right to work for less. Far less. Indiana will be a poor embarrassment like the other RTW states in no time. The state already takes more from the Govt than it pays in taxes. So sad.
Nonunion

Newburgh, IN

#36 Jan 17, 2013
Less?? Not less than the union employees o Whirlpool.. Berry employees and Toyota employees make way more money than Whirlpool and BFI employees.. Berry families are eating and living better than those union employees.. Just ask the union strong o Whirlpool.
leadman

Evansville, IN

#37 May 18, 2013
I'm a leadman in molding and everyone of u that is talking shit use 90% of the shit berry makes everyday so when u r using a butter bowl or drinking out of a cup cleaning ur home or duck taping something up just think o shit berry mad this
dumas

Seattle, WA

#39 May 18, 2013
Rednecks working at a factory in a shi#hole town. Living the dream. haha
Josh

Bellevue, WA

#41 May 18, 2013
If they close I'll just pimp my wife out. She's a hot little number in thermo with a tight puss and a nice tan....any takers?
whatever

Indianapolis, IN

#42 May 18, 2013
Josh wrote:
If they close I'll just pimp my wife out. She's a hot little number in thermo with a tight puss and a nice tan....any takers?
She looks 45 up close. Grill is busted and got skin looking like a rattlesnake
Josh

Bellevue, WA

#43 May 18, 2013
True, and her butthole is stretched out too...that's why my asking price will be low
whoa

Evansville, IN

#44 May 18, 2013
Someone isnt happy in their marriage lmao!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alexis and Gary Fleenor 20 min ewwww 1
Ericka at CVS on 1st ave. 22 min Johnny 6
Krissy on backpage 40 min Krissy 19
Trump boxers or briefs? 40 min beer gogles 6
Meghan browning 1 hr sour sting 8
stealing from a singe mom 1 hr sour sting 6
Emily White 1 hr Shesahomewrecker 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darmstadt Mortgages