JB2cool

Newburgh, IN

#24 Jun 18, 2013
Stepping Stone is great, but they are much harsher than Brentwood. Whatever works for you, go for it!! The only difference is this: SS will only accept you within a certain time perameter. Clean too long? Sorry. Brentwood is more lenient.
Brentwood saved my life

United States

#25 Jun 18, 2013
I have nothing but positive things to say about Brentwood meadows and their staff. My life was in such disarray when I checked in, due to pain killers, and they gave me all non narcotic medicine to ease the pain of withdrawal, help me sleep and keep my anxiety down. I'm proud to say I've been clean for 8 months. The thing is you have to want to change, and you have to stick with the program. I still go to aa every week. It takes time to recover. Addiction is no joke, it's a disease and its hard to overcome, but Brentwood gave me a second chance at life and the staff gave me hope. I'm proud to say I'm a dopeless hope fiend and not a hopeless dope fiend. It was well worth the $800 a day. They pamper you, check on you constantly, and talk to you in depth to find out why/how you became an addict and steps to change it. As long as you follow their advice/steps, you have a higher chance of recovering. statistics show only 2% of drug addicts can kick the habit for good, but if you are willing to completely change your lifestyle and surrender yourself to help, you will make it!! being sober is boring and sucks at first, but once you get into a routine and find things that make u happy or "natutally high" you will be a step closer to staying sober. good luck to all the struggling addicts out there and all the addicts in recovery, its not easy, but nothing worth fighting for is ever easy. just take it day by day :)
Brentwood saved my life

United States

#26 Jun 18, 2013
social worker wrote:
I'm a therapist and work in addictions. It is my experience that Brentwood Meadows isn't really well trained in working with addictions. One person that went in for a Xanax addiction was taken off that and put on Kolonopin which is an equally addictive controlled substance that is the equivalent of Xanax... That makes no sense and 90% of people who go through treatment there relapse with in a few days.... I agree they have to want to change in order for treatment to be successful but you also need a facility that is trained and equipped to provide quality services. Samaritan Center in Vincennes, Hamilton Center in Terre Haute, and Stepping Stones in Evansville are all good places in the area.
that's not true. They do not give out any narcotics. For anxiety (which is what Xanax is used for) they give out a non narcotic anxiety medicine. I know BC I was on it, so was my roommate. Don't remember what it was called..but you have been misinformed. No narcotics allowed there or any other rehab facility for that matter. That makes no sense anyways. You just sound ignorant. I was there, I experienced it, I know first hand, you are just repeating a rumor you heard. He said/she said. My mom is a social worker, MSW, she sent me there after doing tons of research. My dad owns his own company, my sister works at Harvard university in Boston, they are all extremely smart, and did their research and were all there every step of the way. They wouldn't have sent me somewhere where they give out mind altering narcotic drugs. I don't know of any rehab that does that, why would Brentwood be the exception? Do your research before blurting out lies and gossip.
Money driven

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Jun 19, 2013
Did you have good insurance when you went in? You can do all the research you want but let's face it, they are not going to put out bad publicity on themselves. They didnt save your life, you did. You wanted it and committed yourself and I congratulate you on that. People that are not addicts have no idea how hard it is and what you have accomplished by becoming and staying sober. I'm glad you had a good experience there but its still not a place I would ever recommend. I personally feel like they care about money more that patients and I don't feel like they provide a safe and drug free environment.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#28 Jun 23, 2013
I went there and enjoyed it so much I asked to stay longer. They only keep you there for about 2 weeks, which in my opinion being an addict is not long enough at all. Place was great, but probably not good for someone that needs serious help. Awesome employees, and very clean.I would definitely recommend it if needing to sober up and be watched by a nurse. They tell you to come in like you are so they can care for you. Hope this helps.
bahaha

Newburgh, IN

#29 Jun 23, 2013
Brentwood saved my life wrote:
<quoted text> that's not true. They do not give out any narcotics. For anxiety (which is what Xanax is used for) they give out a non narcotic anxiety medicine. I know BC I was on it, so was my roommate. Don't remember what it was called..but you have been misinformed. No narcotics allowed there or any other rehab facility for that matter. That makes no sense anyways. You just sound ignorant. I was there, I experienced it, I know first hand, you are just repeating a rumor you heard. He said/she said. My mom is a social worker, MSW, she sent me there after doing tons of research. My dad owns his own company, my sister works at Harvard university in Boston, they are all extremely smart, and did their research and were all there every step of the way. They wouldn't have sent me somewhere where they give out mind altering narcotic drugs. I don't know of any rehab that does that, why would Brentwood be the exception? Do your research before blurting out lies and gossip.
Brentwood saved your life, I find this funny because your still addicted to H and anything and everything you can get your hands on. So quit lying on this topic because someone's daughter needs help and you lasted in rehab one to two days! So it didn't save your life!
brentwood joke

Newburgh, IN

#30 Jun 23, 2013
You can not learn to get clean when you get medicated that's why there turn over rate is so high and people relapse cause more then half go on there daddy and mommys insurance or money, that's like people saying there clean on suboxone or methadone , your still non drugs narcotic or not still controls your brain, stepping stone does suck but at least they make you go thru it and feel true withdrawals, I've been to both Brentwood didn't teach me nothing and everyone who I was in there with or known has relapsed or died, went to stepping stone and a lot more has made it, if people really stay with program look in the rooms more have went thru stepping stone cause you gotta feel what you were scared of and that's withdrawals, you never feel it at Brentwood or crosspoint cause you stay medicated so if people are smart and do real studies you will know
Money driven

Indianapolis, IN

#31 Jun 24, 2013
I agree. They clean you up and put you back out there without addressing the mental side of the addiction. Its a great model if you are in it for the money because they make it so easy to come off the drugs but without addressing the why behind the addiction they aren't really helping anyone. They are just providing a temporary fix until you relapse and end up back in there paying them to detox you again. Once insurance finally has enough they are done with you and its the patient who suffers because they end up sometimes worse off than where they started. Its not the place to go if you really want to get sober.
another PROUD employee

United States

#32 Aug 18, 2013
I have to say that this amazes me. The program at Brentwood Meadows has changed many lives. People have to want to change! We go above and beyond to make every persons stay worth it. Our program offers so much, and our therapist do what they can to make a difference in EVERY patient's lives. Every person is going to get out of the program what they put in. Just like AA and NA, if you follow what they tell you, YOU WILL NOT FAIL! I'm proud to be an employee at such a fantastic place. Hope you guys get the same opportunity

Since: Jul 13

United States

#33 Aug 18, 2013
I went to brentwood myself and I must say I loved it. Well for what it is anyways. I mean I wish I didn't have an addiction and need to go but my time there was very nice. The techs were amazing and helped out a lot. NO they do not give you "drugs" either. That person is an idiot. The only complaint I have about that place is ed ross. He's a joke. If I could I would stomp his face. I hate the piece of trash. Other than love place is great.
Fed up

Evansville, IN

#34 Feb 19, 2014
Was talking to them via email, they checked my insurance and told me yes it was covered and what I needed to pay upfront. When we got there ( my son had asked for help finally ) they refused to take him in as inpatient and as we all know if they haven't went thru detox yet they are going to be out looking, said insurance wouldn't cover bc they don't consider meth, heroin or synthetic weed emergency detox, really? They are all caring and compassionate until it comes to the mighty dollar. Insurance actually told me to take him thru er and make sure he's high. I put them in the same category as cross pointe, worthless
Truth

Newburgh, IN

#35 Feb 20, 2014
As a former employee I can tell you that you are 100% accurate. Nothing matters to them but $. I encourage you to continue to seek help for your son, but be grateful that Brentwood did not accept him. He would not have found help there. Most of the RNs who actually care about recovery have quit, including the Director Of Nursing.
CharD7

Noblesville, IN

#37 Mar 16, 2014
Not getting involved in anyone's personal beliefs or opinions... but I will add what I do know and feel myself about Brentwood Meadows. I have had 2 family members that went for pill addictions. They wanted it, they were not forced or begged to go! One was dying, the other seen that and wanted to change as well. They came out better people, and now have families and jobs and are doing great! It is amazing what drugs (of any kind) do to people! To their minds, their bodies, their lives!! Sadly when drugs over take them they don't see what we do! Thanks to Brentwood they have their true selves back now. Happy loving caring and addiction free!! Although there were stories about things happening in there (regarding other patients) I could have gone without hearing, but knowing that is the perfect example if the type of people... Some are forced to be there some want to be! Your attitude tells it all. The staff there has changed a lot too, when my family was there it had just opened and now there are a lot more/different employees so I'm sure there is a higher turnover rate but not positive! All I can say for ANYONE looking for rehab of ANY kind... is do your research!! Ask for consultations or whatever your need is before settling! Good luck to all of you or friends and family! Hope I was helpful in some way... God Bless!
mmhm

Sellersburg, IN

#38 Mar 16, 2014
Fed up wrote:
Was talking to them via email, they checked my insurance and told me yes it was covered and what I needed to pay upfront. When we got there ( my son had asked for help finally ) they refused to take him in as inpatient and as we all know if they haven't went thru detox yet they are going to be out looking, said insurance wouldn't cover bc they don't consider meth, heroin or synthetic weed emergency detox, really? They are all caring and compassionate until it comes to the mighty dollar. Insurance actually told me to take him thru er and make sure he's high. I put them in the same category as cross pointe, worthless
be mad at your insurance and yourself. You are the one who failed.
mmhm

Sellersburg, IN

#39 Mar 16, 2014
Truth wrote:
As a former employee I can tell you that you are 100% accurate. Nothing matters to them but $. I encourage you to continue to seek help for your son, but be grateful that Brentwood did not accept him. He would not have found help there. Most of the RNs who actually care about recovery have quit, including the Director Of Nursing.
and you are an EX EMPLOYEE, probably a nurse. Even if the company is money hungry, the employees make the business good or bad.
HIPPA

Tucker, GA

#40 Mar 17, 2014
I've heard some of the employees go against HIPPA laws and talk publicly about who is in there and for what. The employees actually made fun of a few people. I'm sure you guys had to sign something about patient confidentiality, and HIPPA laws. I know a few people pissed off about the employees talking about them being in there. Sad place.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#41 Mar 17, 2014
social worker wrote:
I'm a therapist and work in addictions. It is my experience that Brentwood Meadows isn't really well trained in working with addictions. One person that went in for a Xanax addiction was taken off that and put on Kolonopin which is an equally addictive controlled substance that is the equivalent of Xanax... That makes no sense and 90% of people who go through treatment there relapse with in a few days.... I agree they have to want to change in order for treatment to be successful but you also need a facility that is trained and equipped to provide quality services. Samaritan Center in Vincennes, Hamilton Center in Terre Haute, and Stepping Stones in Evansville are all good places in the area.
Are you kidding me! Stepping Stone is the worst! People come out worse than when they went in.
FreknOUT

Louisville, KY

#42 May 5, 2014
What if u have real mental issues and depression no addiction. Truly just want to heal!
the d00d

Evansville, IN

#44 May 5, 2014
I remember the social worker from Brentwood meadows who came into my work for lunch and stole another customers phone LOL on camera and proudly wearing his Brentwood meadows and IN state social work badge. Sounds like he needs to go through his own program
LOL

Newburgh, IN

#45 May 6, 2014
Boy, you got that all screwed up. He was not a Social Worker (not that it matters) and the issue was dealt with and he was discharged that same day. While none of the other employees condoned what he did, he was actually very good with the patients. But remember, the employees are human too; and make mistakes. It was a shame to see him go, but a good lesson that EVERYONE must deal with the consequences of their actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I don't understand 3 min STFU 33
Homosexuality is an abomination to God 12 min Pondering 123
jason schimmel 19 min Karma 2
Dumb 27 min Why 9
Quality tattoo 31 min Liqem N stickem 2
Lindsay Stokes 41 min wow 15
women please stop going to strip clubs (Jul '12) 46 min Unasty 154

Darmstadt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darmstadt Mortgages