Brentwood Meadows

Posted in the Darmstadt Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
info

Dennison, OH

#1 Mar 13, 2013
Anyone have experience here? I am looking for a rehab facility for my daughter. Please any info will help.
Yes

United States

#2 Mar 13, 2013
My husband went there and it is a great facility. The addict has to want the change. No matter how much you would like it for them until they are ready to change, they won't. Great people, nice facility and he liked his time there. But he only went because I wanted him to. His sobriety didnt truly kick in until a year later when he was ready. Best of luck to both of you.
thats right!!

United States

#3 Mar 13, 2013
info wrote:
Anyone have experience here? I am looking for a rehab facility for my daughter. Please any info will help.
It's a great place treat u good. Great place for addicts. Intensive therapy. I went in for 10 days for trying to kill myself. Yoga and music therapy and group etc.
social worker

Evansville, IN

#4 Mar 13, 2013
I'm a therapist and work in addictions. It is my experience that Brentwood Meadows isn't really well trained in working with addictions. One person that went in for a Xanax addiction was taken off that and put on Kolonopin which is an equally addictive controlled substance that is the equivalent of Xanax... That makes no sense and 90% of people who go through treatment there relapse with in a few days.... I agree they have to want to change in order for treatment to be successful but you also need a facility that is trained and equipped to provide quality services. Samaritan Center in Vincennes, Hamilton Center in Terre Haute, and Stepping Stones in Evansville are all good places in the area.
Bad idea

North Vernon, IN

#5 Mar 13, 2013
Take it from someone that has been there. All they care about is the money. I know so many people that have gone there and it hasn't helped 1 of us.
Noooooo

North Vernon, IN

#6 Mar 13, 2013
I went there and wanted to leave early and they told me that since I was detoxed that I risked overdosing when I left so they were gonna hold me til the next morning. Not an hour later they came to me and said my insurance company wouldn't approve my stay so they were discharging me immediately. I guess they only cared about me overdosing if I could pay. After they found out that holding me wouldn't get them an extra days revenue they couldn't wait to get me out the door. I know exactly how much my life was worth to them, the $800 they weren't gonna b able to collect if they held me.
depends

Duluth, GA

#7 Mar 13, 2013
Had a friend there...someone was smuggling pills and he got out eventually he wasn't as bad as he went in he was just trying to put on a front but got out and now him and his rehab buddies do the same thing on a regular bases :(
Agree

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jun 9, 2013
One of my friends had the same experience. He was trying to get clean from pills and his roommate had heroin brought in on a visitation so he ended up coming out with a worse addiction. As long as u can pay their outrageous fees they really don't care if they help u.
wowwow

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jun 9, 2013
social worker wrote:
I'm a therapist and work in addictions. It is my experience that Brentwood Meadows isn't really well trained in working with addictions. One person that went in for a Xanax addiction was taken off that and put on Kolonopin which is an equally addictive controlled substance that is the equivalent of Xanax... That makes no sense and 90% of people who go through treatment there relapse with in a few days.... I agree they have to want to change in order for treatment to be successful but you also need a facility that is trained and equipped to provide quality services. Samaritan Center in Vincennes, Hamilton Center in Terre Haute, and Stepping Stones in Evansville are all good places in the area.
You aren't a very well educated therapist to throw around statistics with no empirical evidence. Did you do a study to come IP with 90%? Your non-evidence based practice of advice makes me fear for anyone you'd give therapy to.
honestly

Evansville, IN

#10 Jun 9, 2013
Stepping stones is cheap and they truly care about there addicts. Everyone I know that has been to them have a longer sober time then the ones that went to Brent wood. Best of luck to your daughter and your family.
Agree

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jun 9, 2013
I've known quite a few people that have gone through Brentwood and the majority of them have been there more than once. In fact one person went there SEVEN times until their insurance company finally refused to pay. I think the former therapist is pretty accurate because only one person that I know has achieved a long term sobriety. They don't care about the patients at all. They detox them and charge them until their insurance companies won't pay anymore then put them back on the street. If u r so knowledgeable then please tell me what u think their success rate is and what u define as a success.
Money driven

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jun 13, 2013
All they do is detox you and send you back out. The "therapy" is a joke. They don't get into the reasons behind your addiction and unless you confront what drove you to drugs or alcohol you don't stand a very good chance at staying sober. They know eventually you will be back and that just means more money for them. If you truly want to get sober don't go to Brentwood because their program is terrible.
JB2cool

Evansville, IN

#16 Jun 13, 2013
You junkies sound so pathetic. Is Brentwood supposed to magically fix you? Your friend goes in for treatment and has drugs smuggled in to him? Way to try and get clean! Somebodies roomie had heroin? Did the staff at Brentwood hold him down and make him do it? A treatment facility only works if the addict WANTS to stop. Most Brentwood patients are just losers looking for free pills til their Medicaid comes through so they can get their scrips filled. All everybody does is lay around look for nasty ass hookups and bitch about their smoke breaks.
Money driven

Franklin, IN

#17 Jun 13, 2013
They didnt hold someone down and make them do drugs but they have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for their patients. If u know anything about addiction you would know that if u put drugs in front of an addict in rehab they will probably do them. So yes it is on Brentwood to b sure they have a clean facility!
willingness to change

Evansville, IN

#18 Jun 15, 2013
It doesn't matter what facility she goes to.
If she wants help she has to be willing to go to any length to get it.
I recommend (recovering 4 years now)
To Detox and go to Narcotics Anonymous that's where you find recovery.
Doctors can't offer what they can.
Get a higher power and pray

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#19 Jun 15, 2013
Money driven wrote:
They didnt hold someone down and make them do drugs but they have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for their patients. If u know anything about addiction you would know that if u put drugs in front of an addict in rehab they will probably do them. So yes it is on Brentwood to b sure they have a clean facility!
Learn the laws, they can't search people. If an addict wants to quit they can.I have been clean 3 years and i have been offered and i refuse and don't go back around that person. it is no more the facilities fault your friends can't say no. Obviously they weren't there to get clean. Maybe your friend needs to find other people to hang out with. I know several people who have been to stepping stone and that place is a joke. I haven't been to Brentwood Meadows so I don't know. I know the Samaritan center employees are judgemental. I have been there, I also know a few employees who have said they talk about the patients. My therapist at samaritan center told me literally that me being depressed was my fault because im too sensitive.
proud employee

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jun 15, 2013
We've had 100+ admissions in the past 30 days, and we did not have 90 folks coming back due to relapse. We're a private hospital and don't receive grants or government funds, so, yes we do ask for payments from those not insured. The national institute of health says people with addictions relapse 8-10 times before achieving long-term recovery. We have the same problems other recovery centers have: sometimes people are pushed into recovery by family, sometimes by a judge. We've found contraband taped to the inside of clothes and sewn in blankets. We probably have missed some stuff, but if people really want drugs and aren't ready to recover they will find a way to get it in, just as they do in jails. I'm proud of or program and the people I work with. No one program works for everyone, those needing help have to be ready to work hard to make the changes necessary to stay sober
Money driven

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Jun 15, 2013
I absolutely agree that you should be paid for your services but where I have a problem is when money is put before patient care. I have a friend that entered brentwood and wanted to leave AMA and was told she would be held for the 24 hour period and would b released at 8 the next morning because she was detoxed and they feared she would leave and use and overdose. not even an hour later she was told since her insurance was not covering any days past that day she was being released immediately. So at that point if they had still held her til 8 the next morning they would be unreimbursed from midnight to 8 am. So you can see y I think they are in it only for the money because once they found out they couldn't bill for the extra day all of a sudden they didn't care if she would overdose. If you tell someone they aren't "medically stable" which were the words they used then how all of a sudden did that change? They didn't want her to stay to stabilize her, they wanted the extra days revenue.
recovering for life

Bronx, NY

#22 Jun 15, 2013
Stepping Stone does care about their patiens - most of them can't pay or get help paying. The Dr. there is fantastic, is a recovering addict and saved my life! Kudos for Stepping Stone. Brentwood is for rich people who want to say they went to rehab.
Money driven

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Jun 15, 2013
I have heard that if u r truly committed to recovery that stepping stone is a good place. I heard they don't take ur shit and it isn't easy but the people I have known that went there said that was what they needed and that its a good place to go if ur serious about ur sobriety.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Howerton 1 hr Lawyer one 7
Alyssa from scores 1 hr Piece of mind 13
Brittney Roeder on back page? 1 hr redridinghood 12
biggest Jimitown trash and busters? 1 hr redridinghood 24
Where do the sexy bikers hang out at? 1 hr Wendy 1
Iron Order MC is the top club in evansville (Jun '10) 1 hr Wendy 27
Dave Wedding vs Kirk Byram 1 hr yo 21

Darmstadt Jobs

Darmstadt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE