First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Princess

Chicago, IL

#21 Nov 23, 2012
For some women, the Mirena IUD can cause severe side effects that may be life threatening. The most common of these severe side effects is an allergic reaction to the device. Signs of this include oral swelling, dizziness, chills, shortness of breath that is unexplained, a skin rash, fever and vaginal pain or discomfort. Breast lumps, vision changes, genital sores, severe abdominal pain, jaundice, increased blood pressure, limb numbness and foul smelling discharge are severe side effects of Mirena. A woman with any of these severe side effects should contact her doctor or go to the emergency room. Anyway, you may refer at http://www.rotlaw.com/mirena-iud/ for more information .
notforme

Duluth, GA

#22 Nov 25, 2012
I had the Mirena put in after the birth of my 3rd child. For 3 months straight I bled, cried all the time and the little pokey strings were very uncomfortable for my husband. I had it removed and went back on the Depo shot. A lot of people don't like the Depo bc of weight gain, bleeding issues, etc. luckily i don't have any of those problems...as a matter of fact I don't even bleed at all on the shot. Everyone's body is different. I know others who have the Mirena and swear by it.
gohere

Chicago, IL

#23 Nov 25, 2012
Go to cindy basikski or how ever u slell her last name up by gateway behind bostons. They have a thing called essure. It works better then anyother thing as far as tudes being tied. No side effects and u dnt get the whole oh u have to be 25 or have two kids talk. No side effevts nothing. U cant get it reversed however. I have a baby n dnt want ankther one so im gettim that doen this tueaday
Tina

New York, NY

#24 Dec 7, 2012
Like other women, they had their Mirena removed after going through what you just did.In fact, if you visit http://www.mirenalawsuit.us site you'll see how many had it removed.
for real

Newburgh, IN

#25 Dec 7, 2012
gohere wrote:
Go to cindy basikski or how ever u slell her last name up by gateway behind bostons. They have a thing called essure. It works better then anyother thing as far as tudes being tied. No side effects and u dnt get the whole oh u have to be 25 or have two kids talk. No side effevts nothing. U cant get it reversed however. I have a baby n dnt want ankther one so im gettim that doen this tueaday
I have had Mirena for full 5 years. No periods or noticeable side effects (until I realized hormone is same as Depo-which made me cray cray), so am thinking might have caused anxiety disorder developed shortly after insertion - and here I thought it was my high maintenance child!!).

Having Essure and Novasure (ablation) soon. Some people have had bad side effects from Essure. Do some research. Especially bad for anyone with a nickel allergy as coils have nickel in them.

Sometimes the coils unravel or get "lost" in abdomen after they perforate tubes. Some women have had it reversed too.

Plus side is no hormones (and after ablation no bleeding), so worth it to me to try it.
yes

Chicago, IL

#26 Dec 7, 2012
Had both done bout two weeks ago now and feel great the pain after was the o ly part i didnt like but it only lasted a few hours. Hope yours tudns out as good as mine did. No more periods no more daily pill... So happy i got this done.
for real wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had Mirena for full 5 years. No periods or noticeable side effects (until I realized hormone is same as Depo-which made me cray cray), so am thinking might have caused anxiety disorder developed shortly after insertion - and here I thought it was my high maintenance child!!).
Having Essure and Novasure (ablation) soon. Some people have had bad side effects from Essure. Do some research. Especially bad for anyone with a nickel allergy as coils have nickel in them.
Sometimes the coils unravel or get "lost" in abdomen after they perforate tubes. Some women have had it reversed too.
Plus side is no hormones (and after ablation no bleeding), so worth it to me to try it.
hmmm

Newburgh, IN

#27 Dec 7, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>Had both done bout two weeks ago now and feel great the pain after was the o ly part i didnt like but it only lasted a few hours. Hope yours tudns out as good as mine did. No more periods no more daily pill... So happy i got this done.
Thanks!!
women

Newburgh, IN

#28 Dec 14, 2012
I have had the mirena for a year now and I have constant bacteria infections and yeast infections. I never had a bacteria infection in my life until I got this. I hate it but I love the concept of not having to take a pill or a shot. Idk what to do.
Jeanne Watson

West Orange, NJ

#30 Feb 15, 2013
Women who are interested in mirena iud consider many things before having the device fitted in because thera are a number of women have suffered the side-effects of mirena. Bayer, the manufacturer of mirena, is currently facing lawsuits. If you want to know more about reproductive health and related injuries, there are articles that I bumped into at http://www.sacbee.com/2013/02/12/5183449/mire... that may be of great help to you.
for real

Newburgh, IN

#31 Feb 15, 2013
Had Essure and Novasure done in December. Still have to get confirmation test that tubes totally blocked by Essure, but so far love it! No side effects, no periods. Feel good about my decision.:)
Patty Herst

United States

#32 Feb 15, 2013
Um..... I had merina. I had it put in after I had my second child. Had an ultrasound to b sure it was I place 3 months later I was pregnant with my third child. TWINS THE HARD WAY!! Thanks so much merina:) that was sarcasm for those who didn't know
love

Evansville, IN

#33 Feb 16, 2013
feels better wrote:
I feel better knowing I'm not the only only person to have experienced these problems...but I no longer have insurance and I'm a low income mother of 2 but I want to get it removed...any ideas on how without any money or insurance???
My doctor office Paul Morrison he charges 50.00 to get it taken out.
love

Evansville, IN

#34 Feb 16, 2013
feels better wrote:
I feel better knowing I'm not the only only person to have experienced these problems...but I no longer have insurance and I'm a low income mother of 2 but I want to get it removed...any ideas on how without any money or insurance???
Just call you dr office and ask
Jana

Flushing, NY

#35 Apr 15, 2013
There have been other women who have experienced the same symptoms that you have experienced regarding Mirena. The weight gain, bloating, pelvic and abdominal cramps are part of the known side effects of Mirena. Some even include ovarian cysts, mood swings, breast tenderness, pelvic inflammation, UTIs, and, in rare cases, uterine perforation. If you have it removed you will still experience side effects but they will gradually fade over weeks or the next six months. Read more about Mirena side effects here. You may try to visit http://www.mirena-iud.net for additional information.
Nervous

Evansville, IN

#36 Apr 15, 2013
I have had my Mirena since August and to be honest, here the last nine weeks or so have been the worse. I have been nauseous, having accidents, achy all over, sleep-deprived, moody and very sensitive to smells, my ankles are swelling horribly, my lower back hurts constantly and my breast feel so heavy, etc. I am basically having the exact same symptoms of pregnancy I did with my daughter. Is it even possible? Should I get a test?
hmmm

Newburgh, IN

#38 Apr 17, 2013
Nervous wrote:
I have had my Mirena since August and to be honest, here the last nine weeks or so have been the worse. I have been nauseous, having accidents, achy all over, sleep-deprived, moody and very sensitive to smells, my ankles are swelling horribly, my lower back hurts constantly and my breast feel so heavy, etc. I am basically having the exact same symptoms of pregnancy I did with my daughter. Is it even possible? Should I get a test?
I would get a test!! It can happen. But it's very dangerous for you and your baby for you to get pregnant. So u need to find out right away!! Definitely get a test!! And if you aren't pregnant go to your obgyn. And tell them whats going on. It may not be the right birth control for you!
Jelly

New York, NY

#39 Apr 19, 2013
Mirena IUDs have been known to give other women problems and others, not at all. It really depends on the individual woman involved. The symptoms of side effects also vary from woman to woman. If you want to explore other birth control option, you can try using the Paragard copper IUD, or any version of the pill. I'm sorry I won't be able to tell you what to get, as your doctor can advice you best on that question. You should try out different birth control brands. Make sure to do your research and find which brand you are most comfortable with. You may refer http://www.mirenaiudlawsuit.net for more related information.
Sandy

New York, NY

#40 Apr 26, 2013
Some women are able to tolerate Mirena very well, while others suffer from various side effects like mood swings, depression, pelvic cramps, vaginitis, back/abdominal pain, UTI, ovarian cysts and even uterine perforation. Every woman should familiarize themselves with the side effects so they will know what to expect. Read more articles on Mirena here. For additional inputs, you may check at http://www.mirena-iud.net

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TIM!!!!! PLZ Hook ME UP 13 min seth 11
tyson senger got a 17 year old pregnant! 17 min Truth 43
Berry Plastics full of smoke 19 min BBB 7
chasity taylor 28 min curious 1
Keshawna givens 52 min Asdf 15
straight guys that want a discreet bj from a ma... 53 min triple 9
erin peerman hospitalized, ky extradition delayed 1 hr lol 8
More from around the web

Darmstadt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE