First Prev
of 2
Next Last
shawty

Newburgh, IN

#1 Aug 6, 2012
I've had this iud for a little while now, and its starting to give me problems. For one does it give anyone else problems and two if I get it taken out whag should I get instead because I'm scared of needles and gaining more weight then I already got??
yes

Akron, OH

#2 Aug 6, 2012
I had a lot of problems with it, during sex the lil wires would cut my husband, very painfully for myself also, I ended up going to the Dr for a 6 month check up and finding out I was 2 months pregnant, had it taking out right away and now I have a healthy Lil girl who is now 5 years old! They say the only way u can get pregnant is if its put in wrong and that could be why I had so much trouble with it! Just do a check up make sure it hasn't moved or anything!
random

United States

#3 Aug 6, 2012
I had problems with the Mirena due to it being hormonal and the strings, but I really liked the idea of the IUD and not having to remember birth control. So I tried the paraguard IUD which is non hormonal and doesn't have the long strings. Works great :-) its 10yrs instead of 5, but you can still get it out at anytime
yep

Portage, MI

#4 Aug 6, 2012
Ive had my mirena for 6 yrs nd thankfully have no problems that im aware of.best bc ive ever used..
removing it soon

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Aug 6, 2012
I've had a bunch of problems. I feel like its the worst thing I've ever taken as bc. I've had it in for almost the 5 years and have asked my ob to remove it several times and she brushes it off and tells me she can't.
Curious

Evansville, IN

#6 Aug 6, 2012
What kind of problems have you experienced? I've had mine for almost 4 years and wonder if anyone else has the same or similar symptoms.
really though

United States

#7 Aug 6, 2012
I've had it for 3 years and am getting it removed in a few weeks. I'm sick of the side effects. My hair falls out, I've experienced weight gain, mood swings, cramps, decrease in sex drive, painful intercourse, a clear vaginal mucous discharge, and a milky discharge from my nipples. I'm getting my tubes tied.
removing it soon

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Aug 6, 2012
really though wrote:
I've had it for 3 years and am getting it removed in a few weeks. I'm sick of the side effects. My hair falls out, I've experienced weight gain, mood swings, cramps, decrease in sex drive, painful intercourse, a clear vaginal mucous discharge, and a milky discharge from my nipples. I'm getting my tubes tied.
experienced it all except the nipple discharge. I've had more infections in the 4 yrs I've had it than in my entire life. My hair use to be SSOOOOO thick and now it's crazi thin. I hate this bc
Good mommy

United States

#9 Aug 6, 2012
I've never had either and I'm glad because the side effects don't seem pleasant. I got my tubs tied eleven months ago almost twelve my baby girl will be a year old August 27th and I haven't had any problems. My periods are somewhat lighter and I only bleed for about three to four days now instead of seven to like ten. Four children is enough for me and I got what I wanted two boys and two girls in the order I wanted them Amen!:-)
Good mommy

United States

#10 Aug 6, 2012
August 26th my bad
shawty

Evansville, IN

#11 Aug 9, 2012
Curious wrote:
What kind of problems have you experienced? I've had mine for almost 4 years and wonder if anyone else has the same or similar symptoms.
I've had lots of infections and really bad stomach pain....
feels better

United States

#12 Aug 9, 2012
I feel better knowing I'm not the only only person to have experienced these problems...but I no longer have insurance and I'm a low income mother of 2 but I want to get it removed...any ideas on how without any money or insurance???
removing it soon

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Aug 9, 2012
feels better wrote:
I feel better knowing I'm not the only only person to have experienced these problems...but I no longer have insurance and I'm a low income mother of 2 but I want to get it removed...any ideas on how without any money or insurance???
planned parenthood only cost 75 to get it removed. I'm in the same boat so I'm going there.
CRT

United States

#14 Aug 9, 2012
removing it soon wrote:
<quoted text>
planned parenthood only cost 75 to get it removed. I'm in the same boat so I'm going there.
yeah I've had mine 3 years big mistake
awesome

United States

#15 Aug 9, 2012
removing it soon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I'm gonna call them after my sons appt on mon. Any advice on a diff bc??? I don't want any more kids for awhile an I have a 2 yr old and a 8 month old. But I'm not rdy for another baby quite yet...
removing it soon

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Aug 9, 2012
awesome wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks! I'm gonna call them after my sons appt on mon. Any advice on a diff bc??? I don't want any more kids for awhile an I have a 2 yr old and a 8 month old. But I'm not rdy for another baby quite yet...
they have that 10 yr one that doesn't have hormones in it but I haven't heard anyone talk about it really. I'm just gna go back on the pill plus other methods like condoms bcuz I do not want any other kids.
iwantmine out

Evansville, IN

#17 Aug 24, 2012
i want mine out but to scared to remove it because of the pain i heard. i have had lots of infections because of this mirena, i dont have periods at all! my OBGYN charges fifty dollars to get it removed.
Out

United States

#18 Aug 24, 2012
iwantmine out wrote:
i want mine out but to scared to remove it because of the pain i heard. i have had lots of infections because of this mirena, i dont have periods at all! my OBGYN charges fifty dollars to get it removed.
I got mine taken out a couple years ago and I thought it was going to hurt but it didn't hurt at all! It hurts more to have it put in then to have it taken out.
Unsure

Chardon, OH

#19 Aug 25, 2012
ive had my mirena since jan and I have noticed I have more frequent mood swings and sometimes get cramping in my right side that goes down my Lego know its related to the mirena because I first felt the pain when it was inserted (which she did twice because it wouldn't place) my appetite has increased and I've gained ten pound or so since Ive had infections which I never once had before. I I've thought about getting it removed but recently lost medical insurance..
Curious

United States

#20 Aug 25, 2012
I use implenon!! Had it for 3 yrs and its awesome!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would you be done? 8 min Just me 6
She looks like amy winehouse 9 min cousin 3
Justin Declue 11 min imhere 142
Lexus keeper 12 min Jonny 2
Brittany bevenger bad girl 15 min Brittabev 18
Worn Panties (Feb '13) 16 min Soiled 9
Stephen or Mike Libs Chocolate???? (Jun '16) 35 min Candymancan 8

Darmstadt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance