Drug court/DAPS question

Drug court/DAPS question

Posted in the Darmstadt Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yusef anony

Newburgh, IN

#1 Sep 22, 2013
I'm bout to get sentenced this week on some drug charges and ill be drug court or whatever...I was wondering if they will make me stop using my prescribed medicine from my doc? I'm prescribed lortabs,Xanax and Adderral...all of which are highly abused drugs so I'm thinking they will make me stop taking them. Anyone here have any first hand knowledge or been in a situation like this? Thanks in advance!!
lol

Cadiz, KY

#2 Sep 22, 2013
Yusef anony wrote:
I'm bout to get sentenced this week on some drug charges and ill be drug court or whatever...I was wondering if they will make me stop using my prescribed medicine from my doc? I'm prescribed lortabs,Xanax and Adderral...all of which are highly abused drugs so I'm thinking they will make me stop taking them. Anyone here have any first hand knowledge or been in a situation like this? Thanks in advance!!
Yes you will be required to stop all narcotics, including those you are prescribed. If you have pain, purchase Tylenol.
good

Florence, KY

#3 Sep 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you will be required to stop all narcotics, including those you are prescribed. If you have pain, purchase Tylenol.
Good!!! One less druggie running around town.
No doctor in their right mind would prescribe those three drugs to a druggie who uses street drugs as well.
m

United States

#4 Sep 22, 2013
Yes they'll make you get on all non narcotic drugs if you need them. I was prescribed Addie's and they made me get on strattera.
experienced

Florence, KY

#6 Sep 23, 2013
they will act like you have to stop taking those drugs but legally they cant over-ride your doctors orders. they tried to make me stop taking xanax and honestly it annoyed my doctor. he had his nurse call the probation officer and tell them i would not be coming off the xanax. they let me take for the rest of my sentence.

a word of advice: DONT try to fool your probation officer. just do what they say, pass your drug tests, pay your fines, go to you AA meetings, do your community service. if you give them zero problems you can ask for early release after half your time is over and theyll likely let you go IF you dont mess up a single time.

hang in there.
lol

Nebo, KY

#7 Sep 23, 2013
experienced wrote:
they will act like you have to stop taking those drugs but legally they cant over-ride your doctors orders. they tried to make me stop taking xanax and honestly it annoyed my doctor. he had his nurse call the probation officer and tell them i would not be coming off the xanax. they let me take for the rest of my sentence.

a word of advice: DONT try to fool your probation officer. just do what they say, pass your drug tests, pay your fines, go to you AA meetings, do your community service. if you give them zero problems you can ask for early release after half your time is over and theyll likely let you go IF you dont mess up a single time.

hang in there.
Legally they may not be able to override your doctors orders BUT legally they can release you from Drug Court if a person gives them fits about it. Doesn't sound like you did too well in your recovery if you're advising other addicts to get their doctor to override medications.
hm

Mishawaka, IN

#8 Sep 23, 2013
drug court and daps are two diff things. i was on daps n they just make you bring your scripts in. idk bout drug court tho
seriously.

Mishawaka, IN

#9 Sep 23, 2013
good wrote:
<quoted text>Good!!! One less druggie running around town.
No doctor in their right mind would prescribe those three drugs to a druggie who uses street drugs as well.
is that really what they asked? in any way, shape, or form?? get off your high horse and take your judgmental over-opinionated ass to another thread. better yet, if you feel so strongly WHY DON'T YOU GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?? rather than sit on your ass and pass CYBER judgment upon people you don't know a single goddamn thing about.
helping hand

Newburgh, IN

#10 Sep 24, 2013
As long as you have your prescription bottles. Take them with you. They will also count your pills to make sure you are taking them as prescribed.They act like a-holes but just do the kill them with kindness act and you should do ok.
Daps

Streetsboro, OH

#11 Sep 25, 2013
Is that the same as dads? Or different? And can you actually be released early if you follow through and don't have any problems?
hmm

Mishawaka, IN

#12 Sep 26, 2013
Daps wrote:
Is that the same as dads? Or different? And can you actually be released early if you follow through and don't have any problems?
no daps n dads are different. dads:drug and alcohol deferral services. daps: drug adult probation services. dads gets charges dismissed upon completion of the program and daps is basically your sentence for your charges so you still have the charges on your record when your done. as far as I'm aware you can't be released early from daps or dads regardless of how well you do.
experienced

Florence, KY

#13 Sep 26, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Legally they may not be able to override your doctors orders BUT legally they can release you from Drug Court if a person gives them fits about it. Doesn't sound like you did too well in your recovery if you're advising other addicts to get their doctor to override medications.
actually i was released early, half-way through my sentence for good behavior. and who ever said i was an addict to begin with?
lol

Benton, KY

#14 Sep 27, 2013
experienced wrote:
<quoted text>actually i was released early, half-way through my sentence for good behavior. and who ever said i was an addict to begin with?
Anybody that is prescribed all three if those medicines and takes them ... Wait for it ... Is addicted to those medicines. You are an addict. PERIOD!
experienced

Evansville, IN

#15 Sep 27, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody that is prescribed all three if those medicines and takes them ... Wait for it ... Is addicted to those medicines. You are an addict. PERIOD!
and you are a moron. i said i was taking xanax and my dr. was able to override my probation officer so i could continue taking it. i never said i was taking 3 medications. youre confused and a very very judgemental person.
Matt

Chalmette, LA

#18 Feb 24, 2016
I'm n drug court I have pain pill pershipston can I take them
Jake

Evansville, IN

#20 Feb 24, 2016
Addicts Addicts everywhere!

Since: Oct 16

Evansville, IN

#21 Oct 20, 2016
Anyone know if they ever slip an etg test in on you when you are just in Daps?
LookingforYOU

Evansville, IN

#22 Oct 20, 2016
FredRock78 wrote:
Anyone know if they ever slip an etg test in on you when you are just in Daps?
What that

Since: Oct 16

Evansville, IN

#23 Oct 23, 2016
LookingforYOU wrote:
<quoted text>

What that
Etg is the one panel test for alcohol. I'm only on daps, wondering if i could still drink?
Wth

Henderson, KY

#24 Feb 7, 2017
I know they do on drug court not sure about daps. Anyone on it now with any information on how things are going down please chime In

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anal 4 min Dal69 8
Miss you Paige Danks! 13 min Jo Jo 11
Say whats on your mind to that one you cant liv... 25 min Toogoodatgoodbyes 77
Who is the younger dark haired cashier at easts... 30 min Someone 3
Body at Alcoa Soccer fields (Apr '17) 57 min Just plain rude 118
Elissa Fulkerson 1 hr Jim 1
Richard Culley arrested for dealing meth 1 hr Sad 9

Darmstadt Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darmstadt Mortgages