man commited suicide on bridge

Posted in the Darmstadt Forum

ackt

Owensboro, KY

#1 Feb 11, 2014
A few days ago driving back to Kentucky there were ambulance trucks and police cars and people looking over the edge, lAter on the news it said a man parked his truck and jumped off the side, those waters were freezing they said aftet he jumped he popped back up once then went under again an never came back up an still hAvent found the body, does that mean since he came back up once he didn't die instantly, what a horrible suicide in these freezing temperatures,I wonder what was so bad for him ,
yep

Madison, TN

#2 Feb 11, 2014
Yeah what a horrible way to go
KjBabiiMomma

Evansville, IN

#3 Feb 12, 2014
I feel so bad for his familia and pray for all during this rough patch ....god blessed yall
Brillant

Atlanta, GA

#4 Feb 12, 2014
Suicide leaves no closure except for the person who commits it.

20 years later I still ask myself why my best friend took his own life!

There were no signs! There was no conflicts in his life that we knew of at the age of 15!

I miss him dearly and know that his mother died of a broken heart! I still dream about him and each time I do...I am one step away from pulling the gun out of his hand......

My prayers and condolances to this man'sfamily and friends!
Brillant

Atlanta, GA

#5 Feb 12, 2014
ackt wrote:
A few days ago driving back to Kentucky there were ambulance trucks and police cars and people looking over the edge, lAter on the news it said a man parked his truck and jumped off the side, those waters were freezing they said aftet he jumped he popped back up once then went under again an never came back up an still hAvent found the body, does that mean since he came back up once he didn't die instantly, what a horrible suicide in these freezing temperatures,I wonder what was so bad for him ,
As a near drowning victim it is a horrible way to die!! A leap from that high I am sure contributed to him going back under! He most certainly died from the jump with internal injuries....but whose to know really.

There will always be questions that none of us will ever know the answers to! I am sadden to know that he did come back up and noone could help him. And that he thought this was the only out he had to his problems.

May he Rest In Peace!
Well

Madison, TN

#6 Feb 12, 2014
I'll be somebody finally got the job done by jumping off the bridge. Heh, make sure water is freezing. Noted.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#7 Feb 12, 2014
"I'll be somebody finally got the job done by jumping off the bridge".
Wtf does that mean? If you're going to make stupid ass comments please make sense idiot!
sad

Hopkinsville, KY

#8 Feb 12, 2014
Wish that when someone feels that way they could understand that any of us, with exception of people like "well" would do anything to help them. It is a permenant solution to a temporary problem and the people that care never get over the loss. The people that care have to spend the rest of their lives wondering where they failed someone they loved.

I feel for all involved and hope that whoever "well" is never finds out how the people involved suffered.
doesntmakeitok

Evansville, IN

#9 Feb 12, 2014
I'm assuming the poster "well" is referring to the woman that jumped off the same bridge a few years ago attempting to commit suicide and LIVED.
not exactly

Madison, TN

#10 Feb 13, 2014
Brillant wrote:
<quoted text>As a near drowning victim it is a horrible way to die!! A leap from that high I am sure contributed to him going back under! He most certainly died from the jump with internal injuries....but whose to know really.

There will always be questions that none of us will ever know the answers to! I am sadden to know that he did come back up and noone could help him. And that he thought this was the only out he had to his problems.

May he Rest In Peace!
I agree with you for the most part, but it's very doubtful that he would have died from just the jump its self. If the temperatures wasn't blowing freezing and he would have jumped say during the middle of summer he would have most likely lived. If he didn't land on any stump or anything else that could have caused him injury of course.

At 16 I jumped off a bridge, not looking to die, but just young and dumb and it was a dare. The bridge I jumped from was over 120 feet above the water. I had a small black eye and was a little sore, but none the less far from death.

Regardless though, suicide is horrible and you're right it hurts only the family in the end. I'll be praying for the family of this person.
feb

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Feb 18, 2014
Mae Hollaman son..dont know his name though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
May I Gobble your turkey? 3 min Swallows 1
Tuesday ? 10 min Tuesday 22
Asian women & rich men 26 min Question 1
brick house on a sunday night??? 35 min frank 8
Brandi addison (Feb '13) 46 min curious 17
prostitutes of evansville 1 hr curious 15
Andrea Melton 1 hr curious 4
Darmstadt Dating
Find my Match

Darmstadt People Search