Costumed dead tree a Downers Grove la...

Costumed dead tree a Downers Grove landmark

There are 27 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 2, 2008, titled Costumed dead tree a Downers Grove landmark. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Much to the embarrassment of his kids, it's time once again for Sam Orticelli to dress up the dead tree in his front yard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kevin K

Buffalo, NY

#22 Dec 2, 2008
What do you think of this guy? Take the poll (linkback): Hero or Jerk? Man turns dead tree into lawn ornament, dresses it up for Xmas [VOTE]- http://www.thriveorfail.com/e9b5c
Commuter

Chicago, IL

#23 Dec 2, 2008
Pass by it everyday I drive to the train station. Love seeing it and always look forward to the new holiday season and what Treesa will be wearing. Just noticed the Elf costume today. I think it's great.
Bill

Elmhurst, IL

#24 Dec 2, 2008
I always got a kick out of that tree. http://tinyurl.com/5njamo
Disturbed

Kissimmee, FL

#25 Dec 3, 2008
You're a real estate attorney and you did that to your neighbors??? If town officials lived on your block, I wonder if they would put up with that eyesore. Maybe you should get a barbie doll instead.
MWeb

Brooklyn, NY

#26 Dec 3, 2008
All of you who are complaining about what an "eyesore" it is...you don't live there, so why do you care? I think it's funny, although I would not choose this for my own lawn.:o)
Sam - the Creator

Chicago, IL

#27 Dec 3, 2008
MWeb wrote:
All of you who are complaining about what an "eyesore" it is...you don't live there, so why do you care? I think it's funny, although I would not choose this for my own lawn.:o)
RIGHT ON!! If the "complainers" only knew how many people have come up to me, and said how it made them feel happy, or about the many kids who love it and come onto the driveway to take pictures, or the high school kids who go by on the bus and brag that they know the guy who did it, well, maybe you'd take the negativism and shove it where it belongs and look at a bright thing for what its worth! I frankly don't care if it prevents me from selling the house, because whoever buys it is going to have to agree to let me come on to the property at every holiday to dress her up, IF they want to buy the house. A "decorating easement" I might call it. Bah humbug to all you nay sayers.
Sam - the Creator

Chicago, IL

#28 Dec 3, 2008
Jackie Daughter wrote:
Dad, I love your tree and I loved helping you decorate it this year....(Yes everyone, I appreciate the dad's tree work and was 110% involved in the painting-with or without the shopping haha). The elf idea was all mine.
To the comment about an eyesore, thankfully, you aren't our neighbors.:) Treesa is FABULOUS
I love you too, honey!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lenny working at papas pizza 2 hr Kerry-vvsd 75
One hell of a funeral 3 hr John caliendo 5
Hitlers sense of humor 3 hr John caliendo 1
The Bolingbrook police is a gang. (Jul '08) 15 hr Robert Thomas 102
News Chair Yanked Out From Under Lady At Church: Law... Sat Jtj 1
News Joliet Drug Squad Busts 3 Men with $3M in Heroi... (Jan '14) Feb 3 sad times 9
News 100 arrested outside of McDonalds HQ in protest... (May '14) Feb 3 Mitchell Fox 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darien Mortgages