Ex-school employee in Darien pleads g...

Ex-school employee in Darien pleads guilty to embezzlement

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 24, 2008, titled Ex-school employee in Darien pleads guilty to embezzlement. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A former Darien school employee pleaded guilty Tuesday to embezzling as much as $100,000 in district funds as compensation for working extra hours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

long time resident

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Sep 10, 2008
i lived in cass for 25 yrs, renee kept the school running great untill bob lilly left, when they hired kelly, she spent so much money reclessly and foolishly. renee was working 17-20 hr days to keep up with kellys get it done no matter what policy. and the fact that kelly was never around hurt things also. kelly ran the school from her home and laptop.alot of the money missing was of the loose spending that went on during her stay..why has no 1 looked at her to account for the large amount of missing money......as you can tell i worked there.....
snl

Glen Ellyn, IL

#2 Sep 23, 2008
long time resident wrote:
i lived in cass for 25 yrs, renee kept the school running great untill bob lilly left, when they hired kelly, she spent so much money reclessly and foolishly. renee was working 17-20 hr days to keep up with kellys get it done no matter what policy. and the fact that kelly was never around hurt things also. kelly ran the school from her home and laptop.alot of the money missing was of the loose spending that went on during her stay..why has no 1 looked at her to account for the large amount of missing money......as you can tell i worked there.....
I know some of the background on this case and you are correct, Renee was not the only one with her hand in the money. Her boss and certain other people need to be investigated as well. She just happened to be the scapegoat. I feel sorry for her daughter. Her husband is an ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debbie Habian walks away from huge debt 5 hr Caveat Venditor 1
A mothers worst nightmare 5 hr Will County 10
Woodridge SD 68 Finances 7 hr LarryKeys 1
Review: Asset Recovery Associates ARA Inc 9 hr Abe Martin 69
Honeytree Improvement Association (Aug '10) Jul 27 Concernedabout 43
neighbor keeps blocking my mailbox (Apr '11) Jul 25 ridiculous 56
Codornices Village (Nov '10) Jul 24 Question 5

Darien Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance