Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7385 Apr 20, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Even with help it will be hard; but how can you kill your baby? I went with my wife to the doctor when she was 7 weeks pregnant. They did a ultra sound and when I seen my son for the first time they said he was about the size of a butter bean. He had arms and legs. I whispered beside her belly I love you and the nurse yepped and said he jumped. She said do it again and when I did he jumped again. The nurse was so excited that she almost cryed. He knew me. ABORTION is WRONG.
Sweet story. You sound like a loving dad.

Location hidden

#7386 Apr 20, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
This would be amusing if it weren't so true, the only problem is the only fascists around are on the Left. It is the Left that wants to intrude on "the most private aspects of our family lives" when they try to get between loving parents and children by contradicting the morals that parents try to instill with the Left's message of "all kids are gonna have sex, so we just have to give them a condom." It is the Left that is infringing on our freedom of religion by trying to reinterpret it as "freedom from religion". You even have some schools prohibiting parents from sending sack lunches because lunches from home might not "conform to school lunch requirements."
It is the Left that has proponents trying to prohibit smoking in your own home. It is the Left that wants to use the power of taxation to "punish" activities the Left disapproves of. It is the Left that agrees with Bloomberg on outlawing a certain size drink - seriously???? The only people who want to micromanage our lives are on the Left side of the aisle. And it is the Left that wants to tell you what kind of health insurance you must have - or else. And it is our Leftist president who said that maybe granny should just take a pain pill rather than have that life saving surgery.
I LOVE it when you take "informed Opinion" to school. BAM! Liberal down!
OMTE

Nashville, GA

#7387 Apr 20, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
IO is a marginalized individual. He doesn't care about anything as long as he is getting his government check.
I think he thinks he's got it all figured out and will let his morals slide to be politically correct. He's far from stupid though.
OMTE

Nashville, GA

#7388 Apr 20, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol He's just a.........TROLL. Actually, TROLL is too nice a word.
I try not to pick on people weaker than me and you shouldn't neither. That is what you and Aggie lack is human compassion for people beneath you. I hate the word stupid and I hate to embarass someone for their stupidity. To poke fun is one thing, but to only insult is wrong.

Location hidden

#7389 Apr 20, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I try not to pick on people weaker than me and you shouldn't neither. That is what you and Aggie lack is human compassion for people beneath you. I hate the word stupid and I hate to embarass someone for their stupidity. To poke fun is one thing, but to only insult is wrong.
Perhaps you should read back a few pages and take a look at the insults CN has thrown. I don't look for trouble. You don't know me, so to make a judgement in regard to whether or not I have compassion for people "beneath" me is rather judgemental of YOU. I have compassion for people whom I feel need it and deserve it. There is not one lib on this site that deserves one bit of compassion from me; ESPECIALLY "Columbus Native". He IS a TROLL. Unless you've been reading for quite sometime while not posting, you need to catch up before telling me, or anyone else for that matter, whether we have human compassion or not. See, that's YOUR problelm. You are judging people when you don't have all the facts. Sheesh.......
OMTE

Nashville, GA

#7390 Apr 20, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should read back a few pages and take a look at the insults CN has thrown. I don't look for trouble. You don't know me, so to make a judgement in regard to whether or not I have compassion for people "beneath" me is rather judgemental of YOU. I have compassion for people whom I feel need it and deserve it. There is not one lib on this site that deserves one bit of compassion from me; ESPECIALLY "Columbus Native". He IS a TROLL. Unless you've been reading for quite sometime while not posting, you need to catch up before telling me, or anyone else for that matter, whether we have human compassion or not. See, that's YOUR problelm. You are judging people when you don't have all the facts. Sheesh.......
Yeah but he's a little slow. He's trying at least. Oh yeah I'm very judgemental. I haven't changed a bit. I was only trying to be positive.
OMTE

Nashville, GA

#7391 Apr 20, 2013
Quit saying sheesh. It makes you sound old.

Location hidden

#7392 Apr 20, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Quit saying sheesh. It makes you sound old.
Quit trying to control me. It makes you sound old.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7393 Apr 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I try not to pick on people weaker than me and you shouldn't neither. That is what you and Aggie lack is human compassion for people beneath you. I hate the word stupid and I hate to embarass someone for their stupidity. To poke fun is one thing, but to only insult is wrong.
Synergy already responded more than adequately, but you are being a complete hypocrite here. Please define compassion - is it donating to charities that help the needy? Is it volunteering? You have NO CLUE about what Syn or I may or may not do and yet you feel you have the knowledge to judge us as having no compassion because we think it is wrong for the govt to keep taking more and more from the people who make this country work and who already pay over 70% of the taxes in this country in order to fund programs that do not help people better their lives. Instead these programs give just enough to get by (while discouraging marriage) and keep people enslaved to the govt. That isn't compassion - it is control. Study after study shows that Repubs donate far more than Dems to charity. Dems idea of charity is raising taxes on other people, and they speak so condescendingly about how they themselves "SHOULD pay more taxes". And yet these are the same people who take every deduction they can in order to NOT pay more in taxes. No one is forcing them to take those deductions.

And if you want a lesson in insults, just read virtually any post from IO or CN, they have one message that they repeat ad nauseum. Repubs are stupid. Repubs are greedy, Repubs don't care about starving children, Repubs don't care about soldiers dying, every decision Bush made was to get oil. And on and on. And they ignore every fact they are presented with that illustrates the weakness of their position. So before you go talking about the splinter in the eye of the Right, how about doing something about the plank in the eye of the Left.
BS Is Called

Dallas, TX

#7394 Apr 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
I call BS. provide examples of the lack of compassion displayed by Aggie and Synergy.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7395 Apr 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...However, knowing that the birth control that is available has exceedingly low failure rates when used properly and RESPONSIBLY, why should women be allowed to kill an innocent life for the sake of their own "convenience."

...In the same vein, doesn't it seem strange how the Left is so intent on sexualizing our children and encouraging them to have sex.
==========
...There are job counseling programs, parent classes, programs to provide baby needs.
==========
...It is the Left that wants to intrude on "the most private aspects of our family lives" when they try to get between loving parents and children by contradicting the morals that parents try to instill with the Left's message of "all kids are gonna have sex, so we just have to give them a condom."
Uhmmmm, effective birth control with "exceedingly low failure rates" is avaialble.

Uhmmmm, as a spieces we become sexually capable in our teens.

Yet "the Left is so intent on sexualizing our children and encouraging them to have sex".

Yeah, too bad there's not the wide spread support for public schools to teach age appropiate sex education and the joys of parenting.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_23/sr2...
In 2006–2010, about 43% of never-married female teenagers (4.4 million), and about 42% of never-married male teenagers (4.5 million) had had sexual intercourse at least once. These levels of sexual experience have not changed significantly from 2002. Seventy-eight percent of females and 85% of males used a method of contraception at first sex according to 2006–2010 data, with the condom remaining the most popular method. Teenagers’ contraceptive use has changed little since 2002, with a few exceptions: there was an increase among males in the use of condoms alone and in the use of a condom combined with a partner’s hormonal contraceptive; and there was a significant increase in the percentage of female teenagers who used hormonal methods other than a birth-control pill, such as injectables and the contraceptive patch, at first sex. Six percent of female teenagers used a nonpill hormonal method at first sex.

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/about/pdf/hiv...
Helping adolescents make healthy choices requires the involvement of families, communities, and many other sectors of society—and schools are an essential part of that effort:

- Schools have direct contact with more than 56 million students for at least 6 hours a day and for 13 critical years of their social, physical, and intellectual development.

- The school environment is a key setting in which students’ behaviors and ideas are shaped.

- Just as schools are critical to preparing students academically and socially, they are also vital partners in helping young people take responsibility for their health and adopt health-enhancing attitudes and behaviors that can last a lifetime.

HIV/STD Prevention Programs Can Reduce Risk Behaviors and Be Cost-Effective
Research shows that well-designed, well-implemented school-based HIV/ STD prevention programs can significantly reduce sexual risk behaviors among students. A review of 48 studies found that sexual health education programs resulted in a delay in first sexual intercourse, a decrease in the number of sex partners, and an increase in condom or contraceptive use. None increased the likelihood of having sex.

Effective school-based HIV/STD prevention programs tend to be those that are delivered by trained instructors; are age-appropriate; and include such components as skill-building lessons, support of healthy behaviors in school environments, and the involvement of parents, youth-serving organizations, and health organizations.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7396 Apr 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
...It is the Left that is infringing on our freedom of religion by trying to reinterpret it as "freedom from religion".
Yep, it's those dang lefty liberals that are just reinterpreting everything, the Founding Fathers had it all laid out so perfectly, you know that conservative right-thinking bunch.

Lord knows they would never think that "freedom from religion" stands behind our Freedom of Religion.

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
-Thomas Jefferson

Religious institutions that use government power in support of themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths, or of no faith, undermine all our civil rights. Moreover, state support of an established religion tends to make the clergy unresponsive to their own people, and leads to corruption within religion itself. Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society.
-Thomas Jefferson

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#7397 Apr 21, 2013
columbus native wrote:
The abortion issue should rest with the individual woman to decide. But when we the taxpayers have to pay for abortions that makes all of us responsible. A woman has to be judged on her individual act by herself, the rest of us should'nt be involved but are made to if we are paying for it.
+1

Wow, finally something of worth, not the usual anti-right stuff.

BTW, we (the taxpayers) end up paying for the child if it's on welfare, too. And, as the Sandra Fluke indicated, we (the taxpayers) should be paying for her birth control, too...
einstein

Hiawassee, GA

#7398 Apr 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've asked this very same question and the lib I was "conversing" with disappeared. Poof! Not surprised.
The libs have SUCH an inflated opinion of themselves; their logic, political views, compassion and most of all, their intellect, it's no wonder they can't see the forest for the trees.
How do you know you are conversing with a lib vs just another human with a little common sense.?

Why do to you feel the need to label and pigeon hole someone who disagrees with you?

Every coment you make is made with any arogrance that is beyond beleif and defies any common sense. Do you by any chance live in the small town south of Atlanta thats making the news about its attempt at the first ever prom thats not segerated? Thats just the kind of common sense that seems to fit your intelect.

One question, does it make you feel superior and all gooey when you decide what’s correct for another woman’s body at any state of pregnancy and just what gives you that right?

Read this story, http://thegrio.com/2013/04/18/georgia-high-sc... am sure it will make you proud to be a member to the conservative movement in Georgia. The home of the free, as long as you are not black, poor, Hispanic, some religion other than Christian or female. I do understand that you as a conservative female do believe in being submissive to men, but that’s your right.

Would you be shocked to know that I am not a lib or a conservative, somewhere in the middle. The place the majority of Americans lived before the conservative movement tried to push its ways and beliefs relentlessly after day on everyone. I just can’t stand when people try to rule others as if they are kings and queens, when they are nothing but very, very ordinary at best. Thats all you are, ordinary at best.
Bored

Nashville, TN

#7399 Apr 21, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1
Wow, finally something of worth, not the usual anti-right stuff.
BTW, we (the taxpayers) end up paying for the child if it's on welfare, too. And, as the Sandra Fluke indicated, we (the taxpayers) should be paying for her birth control, too...
Maybe the gubment should pay for our condoms, haircuts, and shoeshines to make us men more attractive.

Location hidden

#7400 Apr 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Excuse me for "jumping in", but:

1. How/why do you say people are beneath Synergy and Aggie? As much as I like both of them (I have met Synergy and conversed many time with her, and consider her a friend, haven't met Aggie), no one is beneath them (or anyone else), particularly on a largely anonymous board, IMHO.

Perhaps (OK, it's quite obvious) some people aren't as knowledgeable about certain things and/or have some clueless and uneducated ideas and comments, but that doesn't put them beneath them, does it?

2. What do you mean "I try not to pick on people weaker than me"? Do you mean physically or mentally? How would you know?

3. If you knew Synergy, you'd know your comment about human compassion is your worst post of the day/week/month, probably year, too...

Perhaps you had a bad choice of words?

BTW, I appreciated your posts about your kids, I feel the same way about mine. The comment by someone about snipping spinal cords and partial birth abortions sent a shiver down my spine.

Another BTW, there's a big difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance means you aren't aware (clueless) or educated (uneducated) about something (example: a youngster driving a manual transmission for the first time, they're not very good at it, but can learn how to do it well).

Hence, my comments about "clueless and uneducated", particularly as it relates to taxes. Too many people (some very intelligent) don't know $hit about taxes and how the tax system works. The Government WANTS it that way.

Stupidity, well that's easy to define.

Location hidden

#7401 Apr 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Synergy already responded more than adequately, but you are being a complete hypocrite here. Please define compassion - is it donating to charities that help the needy? Is it volunteering? You have NO CLUE about what Syn or I may or may not do and yet you feel you have the knowledge to judge us as having no compassion because we think it is wrong for the govt to keep taking more and more from the people who make this country work and who already pay over 70% of the taxes in this country in order to fund programs that do not help people better their lives. Instead these programs give just enough to get by (while discouraging marriage) and keep people enslaved to the govt. That isn't compassion - it is control. Study after study shows that Repubs donate far more than Dems to charity. Dems idea of charity is raising taxes on other people, and they speak so condescendingly about how they themselves "SHOULD pay more taxes". And yet these are the same people who take every deduction they can in order to NOT pay more in taxes. No one is forcing them to take those deductions.
And if you want a lesson in insults, just read virtually any post from IO or CN, they have one message that they repeat ad nauseum. Repubs are stupid. Repubs are greedy, Repubs don't care about starving children, Repubs don't care about soldiers dying, every decision Bush made was to get oil. And on and on. And they ignore every fact they are presented with that illustrates the weakness of their position. So before you go talking about the splinter in the eye of the Right, how about doing something about the plank in the eye of the Left.
+1 another great post!

Location hidden

#7402 Apr 21, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the gubment should pay for our condoms, haircuts, and shoeshines to make us men more attractive.
There isn't anything the government could pay for that would help me. Plus I've been happily married for almost 30 years and my wife (believe it or not) loves me just the way I am.

At least she says so...:)
Bored

Nashville, TN

#7403 Apr 21, 2013
"the school environment is a key setting for student behavior and ideas are shaped."
Yep, with this statement you have explained the reason for home schooling, school choice, and a host of reasons why parents are turning to the right to get gubment out of the family.

Thanks, your innocuous post explains a lots of the differences between the libtards and the conservatives.
Billions poured into education and the student populace continues the slow decline in relation to other countries.
Libtard ideas ruin the country, and libtards running the country's schools only increase their benefit packages.
Continue to post your gibberish, we like seeing you make a fool of yourself.
einstein

Hiawassee, GA

#7404 Apr 21, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for "jumping in", but:
1. How/why do you say people are beneath Synergy and Aggie? As much as I like both of them (I have met Synergy and conversed many time with her, and consider her a friend, haven't met Aggie), no one is beneath them (or anyone else), particularly on a largely anonymous board, IMHO.
Perhaps (OK, it's quite obvious) some people aren't as knowledgeable about certain things and/or have some clueless and uneducated ideas and comments, but that doesn't put them beneath them, does it?
2. What do you mean "I try not to pick on people weaker than me"? Do you mean physically or mentally? How would you know?
3. If you knew Synergy, you'd know your comment about human compassion is your worst post of the day/week/month, probably year, too...
Perhaps you had a bad choice of words?
BTW, I appreciated your posts about your kids, I feel the same way about mine. The comment by someone about snipping spinal cords and partial birth abortions sent a shiver down my spine.
Another BTW, there's a big difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance means you aren't aware (clueless) or educated (uneducated) about something (example: a youngster driving a manual transmission for the first time, they're not very good at it, but can learn how to do it well).
Hence, my comments about "clueless and uneducated", particularly as it relates to taxes. Too many people (some very intelligent) don't know $hit about taxes and how the tax system works. The Government WANTS it that way.
Stupidity, well that's easy to define.
If only the masses were as smart as you. Heck if they were anywhere near as smart as you think you are we would all be rich and free. Many forms and levels of stupidity, your type is the most heinous and harmful.

I will now return to my morning cartoons forgetting that you and folks like you exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell 5 hr me2youlol 7
Review: Okefenokee EMS (Mar '14) 21 hr Paige 2
How do you change your IP address location (Mar '10) Fri dolorees 5
Rupert Blackman has AIDs Dec 17 me2youlol 3
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... Dec 17 northernboy62 1
Zaxyby's Dec 9 Curious 1
cornerstone christian correspondence school dip... (Apr '10) Dec 7 Charleston 122
Darien Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Darien People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Darien News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Darien

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:02 am PST

NBC Sports10:02AM