Comments
6,121 - 6,140 of 52,175 Comments Last updated 39 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6595
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Synergy wrote:
In other news, KNIFE ATTACK ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS today. 14 Injured. Okay, libs.
Let's BAN knives. At the very least, you should push for KNIVE CONTROL.
I just read that and thought that Obama could spend at least 10 billion dollars flying around the country giving speeches trying to ban regular knives and pushing for use of plastic spoons only. Flimsy ones at that.

Since: Jul 12

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6596
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Glorya wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article /2013/04/09/us-korea-north-idU SBRE93408020130409
Guess we'll know something soon. The US Pacific commander says, "We're ready" ... I believe him.
I believe him too. The only problem is do we believe in Obamas leadership abilities as Commander in Chief?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6597
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright. You're just jumping on a bandwagon now. For the 4th time,(no kidding) I did not promise a "Tax Proposal". I simply said that I would respond to a question in more detail when I had the chance. Then that person acted like an arrogant @ssho1e, and a changed my mind.
SINCE you are so willing to jump on a bandwagon, and SINCE you feel comfortable trying to insult my comprehension level, I have a challenge for YOU!
How about YOU give us a tax proposal, right out of your own head, with all of your superior knowledge.
Don't hide your light under a bushel. Let is shine! Give us a detailed tax plan.
Waiting.....
Gee, sorry it took so long, I was out losing some golf balls. I did find a few, though...

No, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, I'm the one that asked questions MANY days ago that you have been unable to answer, claiming you were too busy at work (yet you still have a $hitload of posts since then). You got called out on your proposal, you don't know enough about what you're talking about to explain yourself. It's OK, you just need to know not to post stuff when you don't know what you're talking about.

My preferred proposal has been posted in Topix many times already.
You might recall it, my favorite statement was, "if you're not for it, it's likely because you don't understand it."

Interesting how you continually avoid your response. I doubt anyone expects anything of substance from you, but since you put it out there, you got called.

Admit it, you got nothing...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6598
Apr 9, 2013
 
domino wrote:
<quoted text>
... The United States certainly doesn't have it. Try another cliche' because this one is getting old.
Actually, it is reported that the US has significant oil underground, perhaps as much as the Middle East.
Doo

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6599
Apr 9, 2013
 
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, sorry it took so long, I was out losing some golf balls. I did find a few, though...
No, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, I'm the one that asked questions MANY days ago that you have been unable to answer, claiming you were too busy at work (yet you still have a $hitload of posts since then). You got called out on your proposal, you don't know enough about what you're talking about to explain yourself. It's OK, you just need to know not to post stuff when you don't know what you're talking about.
My preferred proposal has been posted in Topix many times already.
You might recall it, my favorite statement was, "if you're not for it, it's likely because you don't understand it."
Interesting how you continually avoid your response. I doubt anyone expects anything of substance from you, but since you put it out there, you got called.
Admit it, you got nothing...
If you spend a lot of time trying to convience someone that your smarter than they are.......then you probably are not!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6600
Apr 9, 2013
 
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is as if the economy isn't bad enough and since the country hasn't been totally destroyed, Obama wants the banks to do the same thing again that has put us in the terrible financial position we are in now. Just maybe if we do it again we can actually cause the collapse of the U.S. Hmmmm, Makes one wonder, if one has enough sense to wonder.
Rest assured...the libs WILL blame it on Bush. Obama will tell them even though HE encouraged the banks to do it, if it FAILS, it will be Bush's fault. The libs will lock step in and they'll be spreading that crap just as they do now. No wonder Obama feels so powerful! He and Michelle probably laugh at them at night as they are falling asleep.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6601
Apr 9, 2013
 
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text> I just read that and thought that Obama could spend at least 10 billion dollars flying around the country giving speeches trying to ban regular knives and pushing for use of plastic spoons only. Flimsy ones at that.
Oh! But plastic is not environmentally correct! Remember: You can't step on ANYONE'S toes!!!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6602
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you spend a lot of time trying to convience someone that your smarter than they are.......then you probably are not!
Kinda ironic, coming from you...Particularly with your apparent (lack of) spelling ability...

Doesn't really if someone is smarter than another, does it? We'll likely never meet. Who cares? We're on an anonymous board, putting out our opinions and beliefs. Some are factual, some are not.

If someone doesn't have a clue about taxes and someone does, maybe they'll learn something, particularly on an anonymous board...
Glorya

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6603
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe him too. The only problem is do we believe in Obamas leadership abilities as Commander in Chief?
Panetta testified, Obama never called back once during the Benghazi attack, although being informed 28 minutes into the attack. He stated, they were aware the briefings made it to the White House, however, the POTUS never returned a call ONCE, even when notified about the death of our US ambassador ... Just a few hours later, he hopped AF1 to a Las Vegas celebrity/billionaire filled fundraiser, never making a statement. Then sent the UN ambassador on the media tour to explain the disastrous situation. How embarassing!... So, I have very little faith in his leadership abilities as Commander in Chief.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6604
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I was following the elections where the Republicans picked some of the most liberal people it could find in it's party. They started with Bush. He was not a conservative as he was liberal by any conservatives standard. McCain and Romney are both liberal and could not even get the Republicans to vote for them. I think they are called RINO's. Lindsey Graham another RINO,also comes to mind when I think of these so called right wing Republicans.
You could call yourself Zorro, but that doesn't mean that you are really Zorro.
You liberals think that we are that easily fooled and don't know a progressive liberal when we see one?
So, the Republican Party hasn't represented conservative interests for the last 12-years, and they could not capture the White House for the last two elections. Sounds like you conservatives dwell in a pool that is slowly evaporating, but hey, your candidates need to be even more conservative. Must be a secret liberal plot, foisting all these unelectable candidates on the Republican electorate. It so obvious that the country is clamoring for what you have to offer.
Doo

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6605
Apr 9, 2013
 
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda ironic, coming from you...Particularly with your apparent (lack of) spelling ability...
Doesn't really if someone is smarter than another, does it? We'll likely never meet. Who cares? We're on an anonymous board, putting out our opinions and beliefs. Some are factual, some are not.
If someone doesn't have a clue about taxes and someone does, maybe they'll learn something, particularly on an anonymous board...
Hey Bill...."Doesn't really (matter) if someone is smarter than another" I think you left out matter...being so smart and all.
At least you admit to some are factual and some are not!...How ironic coming from you.....Particularly with your apparent (lack of) wording ability.
Open mouth....insert foot!
chicknbutt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6606
Apr 9, 2013
 
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, sorry it took so long, I was out losing some golf balls. I did find a few, though...
No, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, I'm the one that asked questions MANY days ago that you have been unable to answer, claiming you were too busy at work (yet you still have a $hitload of posts since then). You got called out on your proposal, you don't know enough about what you're talking about to explain yourself. It's OK, you just need to know not to post stuff when you don't know what you're talking about.
My preferred proposal has been posted in Topix many times already.
You might recall it, my favorite statement was, "if you're not for it, it's likely because you don't understand it."
Interesting how you continually avoid your response. I doubt anyone expects anything of substance from you, but since you put it out there, you got called.
Admit it, you got nothing...
If I recall, you're a proponent of the horribly mislabeled "Fair Tax". It;s just another pipe-dream to help the wealthy get accumulate wealth more quickly at the expense of the lower-classes The chances of that becoming our tax system are statistically about 0.00000000142%. Apologies if I remember incorrectly.
domino

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6608
Apr 9, 2013
 
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is reported that the US has significant oil underground, perhaps as much as the Middle East.
I am aware of that but you obviously did not read everything. The Bush Administration has been accused time and again of starting this war to steal the oil from the Middle East. We possibly could have but DID NOT!

Since: Jul 12

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6609
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the Republican Party hasn't represented conservative interests for the last 12-years, and they could not capture the White House for the last two elections. Sounds like you conservatives dwell in a pool that is slowly evaporating, but hey, your candidates need to be even more conservative. Must be a secret liberal plot, foisting all these unelectable candidates on the Republican electorate. It so obvious that the country is clamoring for what you have to offer.
It is and has been for a while, a one party system disguised as a two party system. Conservatives have been trying to pick between the lesser of two evils when they vote. They now see that does no good. This country needs a real pro-American, pro-conservative, pro -capitolism third party.
As of now all we have is one group acting as if they are two separate parties. They play good cop, bad cop trying to fool the American voters. There isn't a nickles worth of difference in them now. If there were any real differences this country wouldn't be turning into a socialist country.

Since: Jul 12

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6610
Apr 9, 2013
 
domino wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware of that but you obviously did not read everything. The Bush Administration has been accused time and again of starting this war to steal the oil from the Middle East. We possibly could have but DID NOT!
Only if we have been fighting China's wars for them to get the oil, as they seem to be the main country benefiting of oil produced from the Mideast countries that we have or had our troops fighting in.
Glorya

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6611
Apr 9, 2013
 
A small correction ... Obama & Clinton did make a brief statement on Benghazi from the Rose Garden. Then, he jetted on to Vegas to fundraise. The UN Ambassador's media tour was a total disaster. The whole event was just awful ... So, I'm hoping he'll hang out in the Situation Room, tomorrow. At least during Jung Un's missile test(s).

Since: Jul 12

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6612
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Glorya wrote:
A small correction ... Obama & Clinton did make a brief statement on Benghazi from the Rose Garden. Then, he jetted on to Vegas to fundraise. The UN Ambassador's media tour was a total disaster. The whole event was just awful ... So, I'm hoping he'll hang out in the Situation Room, tomorrow. At least during Jung Un's missile test(s).
Lets just hope that there are no Hollywood celebrity's in town at that time.
domino

Americus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6613
Apr 9, 2013
 
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if we have been fighting China's wars for them to get the oil, as they seem to be the main country benefiting of oil produced from the Mideast countries that we have or had our troops fighting in.
Could you please stop over analyzing a simple statement that I made! We stole no Middle Eastern oil....period. Point made.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6614
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us, how often do the majority of home sellers sell their home - daily, weekly, yearly. Would you term such sellers as Active Investors with excess capital seeking investment opportunities. The high turnover rate for this type of investment is what led to the establishment of 1031 Exchanges, to capture all those gains that were so easily acquired.
Great post.

But please don't keep injecting real word facts into Right World thinking.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6615
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>I was following the elections where the Republicans picked some of the most liberal people it could find in it's party. They started with Bush. He was not a conservative as he was liberal by any conservatives standard. McCain and Romney are both liberal and could not even get the Republicans to vote for them. I think they are called RINO's. Lindsey Graham another RINO,also comes to mind when I think of these so called right wing Republicans.
You could call yourself Zorro, but that doesn't mean that you are really Zorro.
You liberals think that we are that easily fooled and don't know a progressive liberal when we see one?
Liberal ?

Damn, you Right Wingers have absolutely no hesitation to lie like snakes to rewrite history when your choices lead to disaster - or you really are completely insane.

Your candidates were so Right Wing Wacko they made Goldwater appear to be a flaming liberal.

You had a Right Wing Wacko presidential candidate who openly admitted he despised half the country, who demanded we cut taxes again for the richest people on the planet and their corporations, exalted in his ability to avoid paying any taxes at all, and his companies' abilities to use bankruptcy and offshore banking to avoid U.S. laws.

You had a V.P. candidate who demanded we destroy Socialist Security and Medicare, who proudly followed an atheist Right Wing Wacko named Ayn Rand, and who couldn't wait to cut taxes even more for the richest people on the planet and their corporations.

That planet you live on - can you manufacture oxygen there at all ?- the effects of hypoxia on Right Wingers' mental processes (or lack thereof), are blatantly obvious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Darien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Aug 18 CFM 240
Does anyone know Jason Carlin (Aug '13) Aug 16 marcuswade 5
Infowars.com banned from Facebook Aug 15 Jeb 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Aug 13 Get Over It 1,181
Hinesville, Georgia Anti- Military Town. (Sep '08) Aug 11 MySwingingDick 131
Why do some Ft. Stewart Sargeants act like t... (Aug '09) Aug 10 Reggie 72
cornerstone christian correspondence school dip... (Apr '10) Aug 8 I have the diploma 112

Search the Darien Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Darien Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Darien People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Darien News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Darien
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••