OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#4756 Mar 17, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>She looks pretty and sexy but would be ugly inside the Whitehouse. Thankfully the American public kept her out.
Ya'll must be really old, because I see nothing pretty or sexy about that lady.
news flash

Jefferson, GA

#4757 Mar 17, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm around. It's just the same stuff over and over.....wisdom from the conservatives and crap from the libs.
News flash for single minded, close minded conservatives like you.
The Republican Party is moving forward leaving people like you in the dust. It will take a while, but after the last Presidential election the writing is on the wall. You don't even matter to your own party, they give details of the big plan to get blacks & hispanics to replace you tomorrow..

http://news.msn.com/politics/rnc-chair-teases...

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#4758 Mar 17, 2013
news flash wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican Party is moving forward leaving people like you in the dust. It will take a while, but after the last Presidential election the writing is on the wall. You don't even matter to your own party, they give details of the big plan to get blacks & hispanics to replace you tomorrow..
Sounds like the Democratic Party to me. So you are saying that the Republican Party is going to move onto the plantation with the Democrats Huh? Why not just put the whole country on the plantation and let the Masta tell us how to live and take care of us till we die. Not much of a life for free spirits or freedom loving people but you are not one of those so don't worry about it.

Douglasville, GA

#4759 Mar 17, 2013
Sorry about the double entry folks. I guess that I made a boo, boo.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#4760 Mar 17, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
You have made good points which I believe to be true.
Most people in other countries have the same desires for being healthy, happy, and prosperous as we do in this country. They are normal human beings. The problem is that they are to busy living their lives to pay attention to what is actually going on and do not know when they are being deceived. This gives access to the evil ones that wish to control them and the rest of the world. These evil ones slip into positions in the government and then they help other evil ones slip into the government and soon the government is being totally run by the evil ones. The people have not noticed this happening until it is too late and there are always many that will believe everything the government tells them. This is just human nature and the governments of the world have always known this. These evil governments use propaganda, bribery, extortion, and brutal force to accomplish their control over their own people. Some of the people believe in what the government does and others are afraid to say or do anything that would offend the evil government.
When the evil government say they are going to war there is little that the people may want, or can do to oppose it. This would be the case now in Russia,China,Iran, and N. Korea.
One only has to look at the past as history does repeat itself. Take a good hard look at Germany. They started two world wars and nobody paid any attention to them and thought them somewhat harmless until it was too late. The same goes for Japan just before World War 2.
We must never again underestimate our potential enemies because of the deadly technology that now exists. No second chances will be given.
Good points.

The shame is your are not just describing them - you are describing us.

"These evil governments use propaganda, bribery, extortion, and brutal force to accomplish their control over their own people. Some of the people believe in what the government does and others are afraid to say or do anything that would offend the evil government.
When the evil government say they are going to war there is little that the people may want, or can do to oppose it."

What an accurate description of America's government from 2000 to present.

We have lost the moral "high ground" or the right to criticize others. We enthusiastically became the very kind if government we claimed we were protecting ourselves from.

Question -
How many other nations have:
- invaded, occupied, and bombed other sovereign nations,(with both planes and drones);
and
- kidnapped, tortured, and assassinated citizens of other nations as well as its own citizens;
and
- maintained secret prisons on foreign lands, and openly maintained prisoners with no judicial oversight or approval, no trials, where they are occasionally secretly tortured and sometimes killed;
and
- wiretapped, spied on, and eavesdropped on its own citizens;
and
- diverted more of its funds to making war than the rest of the Planet Earth combined;
and
- diverted more funds to spying on other nations and its own citizens than the rest of the world combined.

Answer - only us.

The facts are clear.

We are the seen by many, if not most, other nations as the most dangerous, most aggressive, and the most militant nation on Earth for a reason. As far as the rest of the works is concerned, no other nation is likely to bomb, invade, and occupy them.

Here's a true conservative plan.

Cut the War Department budget by 50%, and use our military to protect America, not maintain and empire that serves no purpose,(at least as far as the average American is concerned).

We can use the 500 to 750 Billion Dollar a year savings to cut the deficit, reduce the debt, and rebuild America.

Douglasville, GA

#4761 Mar 17, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points.
"These evil governments use propaganda, bribery, extortion, and brutal force to accomplish their control over their own people. Some of the people believe in what the government does and others are afraid to say or do anything that would offend the evil government.
When the evil government say they are going to war there is little that the people may want, or can do to oppose it."
We have lost the moral "high ground" or the right to criticize others. We enthusiastically became the very kind if government we claimed we were protecting ourselves from.
Question -
- invaded, occupied, and bombed other sovereign nations,(with both planes and drones);
and
- kidnapped, tortured, and assassinated citizens of other nations as well as its own citizens;
and
- maintained secret prisons on foreign lands, and openly maintained prisoners with no judicial oversight or approval, no trials, where they are occasionally secretly tortured and sometimes killed;
and
and
- diverted more of its funds to making war than the rest of the Planet Earth combined;
and
- diverted more funds to spying on other nations and its own citizens than the rest of the world combined.
Answer - only us.
The facts are clear.
We are the seen by many, if not most, other nations as the most dangerous, most aggressive, and the most militant nation on Earth for a reason. As far as the rest of the works is concerned, no other nation is likely to bomb, invade, and occupy them.
Cut the War Department budget by 50%, and use our military to protect America, not maintain and empire that serves no purpose,(at least as far as the average American is concerned).
We can use the 500 to 750 Billion Dollar a year savings to cut the deficit, reduce the debt, and rebuild America.
You are correct in many of your observations. We do part company on some of your statements though.
The U.S. is seen as one of the most dangerous nations, but we are not alone as there are several others that could blow up the whole earth also if they wanted to.
With out a doubt we could cut or defense budget but by how much would be determined only by a real honest audit of the defense spending of what we really needed and didn't need to defend this country. We just can't throw a number out there and expect it to be the correct one. A 500 billion dollar cut might not be enough or 750 billion too much. I don't know and either does anyone. A actual hard core account of spending that would not affect our military readiness is needed.
As far as your charges that the U.S. is the only country that spies on it citizens,diverted more funds for spying on other nations, etc. is not actually true.
For one thing we don't really know how much money is being spent on these clandestine operations and how much is spent on Black op's.
For another thing countries such as Russia and even Israel spy on us. There is no telling how much money the Russians have spent over the years spying on the U.S., its own citizens, and its neighboring countries.
All the statements that we have spent more money on all these things is unprovable. You very well may be correct but not even the CBO knows.
As hideous as some of the acts that you describe the U.S. engaged in it may actually be necessary to engage in some of them or all of them to protect us as we sleep at night. Again I don't know and if you and I did know we probably couldn't sleep at night knowing some of the horrible things that some enemy nation or terrorist were planning to do to us and our loved ones. There is probably some abuses of these powers.
I agree with you that we should not be invading or over throwing countries for nation building.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4762 Mar 17, 2013
news flash wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless. At any rate, I think the republican party is finally figuring some things out. It needs the black and hispanic vote. Perhaps it will learn some of Obama's lies and tricks to win those votes. BTW, YOU have already been replaced by your party. Unless you are black or hispanic, you are going to be paying(probably already are) for those who have replaced you. lol The joke is on you. You libs are so incredibly dense.
Bored

Jefferson, GA

#4763 Mar 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points.
Question -
and
and
and
and
and
Answer - only us.
The facts are clear.
Boring to the max.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#4764 Mar 18, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct in many of your observations. We do part company on some of your statements though.
The U.S. is seen as one of the most dangerous nations, but we are not alone as there are several others that could blow up the whole earth also if they wanted to.
With out a doubt we could cut or defense budget but by how much would be determined only by a real honest audit of the defense spending of what we really needed and didn't need to defend this country. We just can't throw a number out there and expect it to be the correct one. A 500 billion dollar cut might not be enough or 750 billion too much. I don't know and either does anyone. A actual hard core account of spending that would not affect our military readiness is needed.
As far as your charges that the U.S. is the only country that spies on it citizens,diverted more funds for spying on other nations, etc. is not actually true.
For one thing we don't really know how much money is being spent on these clandestine operations and how much is spent on Black op's.
For another thing countries such as Russia and even Israel spy on us. There is no telling how much money the Russians have spent over the years spying on the U.S., its own citizens, and its neighboring countries.
All the statements that we have spent more money on all these things is unprovable. You very well may be correct but not even the CBO knows.
As hideous as some of the acts that you describe the U.S. engaged in it may actually be necessary to engage in some of them or all of them to protect us as we sleep at night. Again I don't know and if you and I did know we probably couldn't sleep at night knowing some of the horrible things that some enemy nation or terrorist were planning to do to us and our loved ones. There is probably some abuses of these powers.
I agree with you that we should not be invading or over throwing countries for nation building.
Great posts.

Good points.

Sometimes it's a question of degrees.

Reasonable people can disagree reasonably as to how much is too much and how much hit enough.

I look forward to the day when the far left and the far right are marginalized and don't "run" the show as the unwitting dupes of those truly calling the shots.
Neurotic

Jefferson, GA

#4765 Mar 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great posts.
Good points.
Sometimes it's a question of degrees.
Reasonable people can disagree reasonably as to how much is too much and how much hit enough.
I look forward to the day when the far left and the far right are marginalized and don't "run" the show as the unwitting dupes of those truly calling the shots.
Born of a delicate and overworked mother, and an impulsive, hard, imaginative father, who did not look with favor upon his coming into the world, Informed was from childhood a neurotic, one of the race of over-sensitive men that in later days in- dustrialism was to bring in such great numbers into the world.

Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#4766 Mar 18, 2013
Neurotic wrote:
<quoted text>Born of a delicate and overworked mother, and an impulsive, hard, imaginative father, who did not look with favor upon his coming into the world, Informed was from childhood a neurotic, one of the race of over-sensitive men that in later days in- dustrialism was to bring in such great numbers into the world.
Good for you.

Now that's imaginative.

I'm having lunch with my Dad and I'll share this with him - he'll enjoy it also.

I'm going to take a leap here, and assume you disagree with my post, but maybe not.
extinction

Jefferson, GA

#4767 Mar 18, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless. At any rate, I think the republican party is finally figuring some things out. It needs the black and hispanic vote. Perhaps it will learn some of Obama's lies and tricks to win those votes. BTW, YOU have already been replaced by your party. Unless you are black or hispanic, you are going to be paying(probably already are) for those who have replaced you. lol The joke is on you. You libs are so incredibly dense.
News update, add GAYS or what you would call "queers" to the list of minorities the Repubs are courting. That will leave you and a lot of your buddies wondering "whatís going on", itís called progress.

As for me being replaced in "my party", wrong again. My party is not a party, itís the best PERSON for the job I donít care what party they claim, never have. I am going to miss Saxby, he could be flexiable and today thats a real plus. You just keep your narrow minded ways and beliefs, time is on Americaís side.
Most like you are approaching extinction.

Location hidden

#4768 Mar 18, 2013
extinction wrote:
<quoted text>
News update, add GAYS or what you would call "queers" to the list of minorities the Repubs are courting. That will leave you and a lot of your buddies wondering "whatís going on", itís called progress.
As for me being replaced in "my party", wrong again. My party is not a party, itís the best PERSON for the job I donít care what party they claim, never have. I am going to miss Saxby, he could be flexiable and today thats a real plus. You just keep your narrow minded ways and beliefs, time is on Americaís side.
Most like you are approaching extinction.
Here's a news flash for you. I'm not a homophobe. If you had been posting for any length of time, you would know that. I totally support the republican party courting the groups you mentioned. I'm not "old guard" as you state(in order to make yourself feel better and delusionally give your post...in YOUR mind.... more teeth??)
You are for the best person for the job????? What a laugh! You are a liberal to the core and that does not necessarily nor ALWAYS equate to the best person for the job. BUSTED.
Neurotic

Jefferson, GA

#4769 Mar 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
Now that's imaginative.
I'm having lunch with my Dad and I'll share this with him - he'll enjoy it also.
I'm going to take a leap here, and assume you disagree with my post, but maybe not.
Leap away to the right or left, forward or backward. Makes no difference to neurotics. Tell Dad Hi, ask him if he's neurotic also.
Glorya

Marietta, GA

#4770 Mar 18, 2013
Why are people so narrow minded as to say he/she "totally support" either party? For the life of me, I just don't get it. Why not be neutral, down the middle, or independent? Why not vote for the best candidate? Vote the MAN not the party. For someone to say they "totally" support either party shows you couldn't be an independent thinker if your life depended on it. It's not all black/white, rich/poor, educated/uneducated. For some to say, NO ONE has that much power over me....well, yeah they do. It's so obvious, I'm embarrassed for you.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#4771 Mar 18, 2013
Neurotic wrote:
<quoted text>Leap away to the right or left, forward or backward. Makes no difference to neurotics. Tell Dad Hi, ask him if he's neurotic also.
If you all are forming a club, I bet he'd join just for the entertainment possibilities.
Glorya

Marietta, GA

#4772 Mar 18, 2013
Oh, but tell me once more how'd we LOVE your life and how you help people. You sound scared to death...your insurance premiums are about to double, cost of meds triple, and tax loopholes & deductions will be no more. You sound more pissed off about other things, those than concern your wealth & lifestyle. Just sayin, it's really, really obvious.

I just don't think you really give a rat's ass about those who really suffer, in this country nor around the world.

Douglasville, GA

#4773 Mar 18, 2013
news flash wrote:
<quoted text>

I am looking forward to a new conservative party being formed that is for all Americans. I want it made up of open minded, fair thinking, strong principled Americans that put Americas people and the well being of this country first. There will be no more special groups of people that will get special privileges because of their sex, color, religion, or financial status. This country would no longer be divided into groups which is destroying this country.
Perhaps this is just a desperate wish on my part, as the politicians have a death grip on Americas throat. We must vote the bast**ds out and start over.

Location hidden

#4774 Mar 18, 2013
Glorya wrote:
Oh, but tell me once more how'd we LOVE your life and how you help people. You sound scared to death...your insurance premiums are about to double, cost of meds triple, and tax loopholes & deductions will be no more. You sound more pissed off about other things, those than concern your wealth & lifestyle. Just sayin, it's really, really obvious.
I just don't think you really give a rat's ass about those who really suffer, in this country nor around the world.
Whom are you posting to?

Location hidden

#4775 Mar 18, 2013
Glorya wrote:
Why are people so narrow minded as to say he/she "totally support" either party? For the life of me, I just don't get it. Why not be neutral, down the middle, or independent? Why not vote for the best candidate? Vote the MAN not the party. For someone to say they "totally" support either party shows you couldn't be an independent thinker if your life depended on it. It's not all black/white, rich/poor, educated/uneducated. For some to say, NO ONE has that much power over me....well, yeah they do. It's so obvious, I'm embarrassed for you.
Whom are you posting to?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rupert Blackman has AIDs Dec 17 me2youlol 3
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Dec 17 me2youlol 4
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... Dec 17 northernboy62 1
Zaxyby's Dec 9 Curious 1
cornerstone christian correspondence school dip... (Apr '10) Dec 7 Charleston 122
STC Names Semi-Finalists in Student Competition Dec 3 Bob Jenkins 1
Miles Crews Dec 2 just wondering 1
Darien Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Darien People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Darien News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Darien

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:00 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:00PM
Panthers-Falcons tie would deliver division title to Carolina, in unusual way
ESPN 3:24 PM
Falcons WRs to CB Lewis: Back up trash talk
Bleacher Report 3:58 PM
Is This End of the Line for Brees in NOLA?
Bleacher Report 6:22 PM
Can NFC South Winner Steal Playoff Win?
NFL 8:59 PM
Falcons' turnaround sends them to brink of playoffs