OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3662 Feb 20, 2013
What is with the doomsday scenarios? I think this is carrying over from the 12/21/12 scare. I have heard nothing of a pending doomsday. If something were to happen the only ones that would have to worry is the people in cities. I can step out my front door throw a rock and hit a cow or a goat so I'm pretty sure I won't starve. I don't scare that easy. I also know where several ponds are and how to distill water, so I'm pretty sure my fam will be alright. If someone were to come up I'd offer to feed them. If they wanted trouble then that would be fine to. That's why this country is in the shape it's in, because no one wants to help one another. They prepare for the worst, because they think everyone is like them.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3665 Feb 20, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
OMTE
Fitzgerald, GA
I can step out my front door throw a rock and hit a cow or a goat so I'm pretty sure I won't starve. I don't scare that easy. I also know where several ponds are and how to distill water,...
Whoa.. You're crazy dude. What's outside your door concrete and asphalt? Goodluck eating that. Who said anything about hogs? I'd probally just get the water out of my pool. You really need to lighten up.
driving me nuts

Uvalda, GA

#3666 Feb 20, 2013
"the mis quoted greatest generation ever, which they were'nt"

I don't get the "mis quoted" part of your post.
If not the depression/WWII genration then which generation, outside the founding fathers generation would you pick as the greatest?
soros

Covington, GA

#3668 Feb 20, 2013
This forum was actually fun before the blackbird chimed in. Wish he'd find someone else to impress with his 500 word compositions. Fly away.
soros

Covington, GA

#3672 Feb 20, 2013
I need not your pity. You bore me, your flight in another direction would truly make me happy. I'll just continue to skip over your loooong compositions and pretend you migrated.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3673 Feb 20, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
Buy a shotgun, buy a shotgun ...! Yep, that's the answer, no doubt, Mr. Vice President.

You'll have your double barrel shotgun and a box of shells to stand against the kind of thing we know is out there. It's like a bad joke isn't it?

The more likely solution, long term, is a Federal Ammunition Tax, or [F.A.T.], of say $1 per round? Gimmie back my bullets you might say?

You can still have them, and you can have all of them you want, IF the price is right. Pay to play. Isn't that the way?

Then they will cry for the government to cut the FAT, for another reason, but they never reduce a tax after it has been put in place. Taxes only increase over time - right?
________

Joe Biden said Tuesday that Americans don't need semi-automatic weapons to protect their homes because a couple of blasts from a shotgun will scare off intruders.

"Buy a shotgun, buy a shotgun," the vice president encouraged
those worried about defending themselves. He was speaking in an online video as part of a Facebook town hall hosted by Parents Magazine...

Biden said he keeps two shotguns and shells locked up at home... "I said,`Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'" Biden said. "You don't need an AR-15.

It's harder to aim, it's harder to use and in fact, you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself."

Biden's answer came in response to a question posted by a Facebook user about whether the administration's proposal to ban military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines would make law-abiding citizens more of a target of criminals since they wouldn't have a sufficient way of protecting themselves.
______

soros

Lithonia, GA

This forum was actually fun before...

_____

This place is not about fun - at all. But surely we will have a few laughs along the way. If you want fun you could probably do better to play a video game. Are you being forced to come over here and look in? Poor baby... I do feel so sorry for you.

I can't know which soros you might actually be, but then it really doesn't matter and I could care less.
Gotta love Joe Biden.

He says what's true- even when it's politically incorrect.

When the flu was spreading, he suggested avoiding airline travel would help avoid getting the flu. Anyone who regularly flew already understood and knew Biden was 100% correct. Still he was attacked.

Now he suggests that a shotgun is the best home defense firearm reasonably available, and again he's 100% correct, and again he is attacked.

A 20 gauge Mossberg 500 is a very effective and manageable tool.

Americans hate any truth that is inconvenient at the time.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3674 Feb 20, 2013
Perhaps those of you who are complaining about the long posts of White Raven should actually look at the comparison being laid out between Europe and the U.S. Many of you (or perhaps just one with many id's) praise the way Europe's economy is "flourishing", when in reality, you have no idea what you are supporting. My guess is the main reason you are annoyed is because the possiblity of such chaos is so ugly, you don't want to believe it's a real possibility. Well, I never thought our country would be in the condition it's presently in.
soros

Covington, GA

#3676 Feb 20, 2013
Synergy, so glad you are back. I'm aware of the ugly truth and very well prepared. I don't watch MSM, actually watch very, very little of the "boob tube", nor FOX. Don't underestimate my intelligence. I will continue to scroll over the bird's comments and his love of copying and pasting. It's old already.

Location hidden

#3677 Feb 20, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta love Joe Biden.
He says what's true- even when it's politically incorrect.
When the flu was spreading, he suggested avoiding airline travel would help avoid getting the flu. Anyone who regularly flew already understood and knew Biden was 100% correct. Still he was attacked.
Now he suggests that a shotgun is the best home defense firearm reasonably available, and again he's 100% correct, and again he is attacked.
A 20 gauge Mossberg 500 is a very effective and manageable tool.
Americans hate any truth that is inconvenient at the time.
He speaks YOUR truth. Not mine. Your last sentence applies to YOU as well.

Location hidden

#3678 Feb 20, 2013
soros wrote:
Synergy, so glad you are back. I'm aware of the ugly truth and very well prepared. I don't watch MSM, actually watch very, very little of the "boob tube", nor FOX. Don't underestimate my intelligence. I will continue to scroll over the bird's comments and his love of copying and pasting. It's old already.
soros, as long as you are aware and prepared for any possibility, that's all that matters. I don't watch those news outlets much either(at least not on a regular basis). I find the postings interesting, but understand why those who are already prepared might feel he's "preaching to the choir".
soros

Covington, GA

#3679 Feb 20, 2013
Birds of a feather, flock together.
soros

Covington, GA

#3681 Feb 20, 2013
The birds of a feather comment is not directed at you Synergy. Informed opinion, baby you're back!!! Now if only Jeb and D-ville, Aggie would return. OMTE, your posts are enjoyable.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3682 Feb 20, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>He speaks YOUR truth. Not mine. Your last sentence applies to YOU as well.
Now, now, that's a Right Wing statement even you don't believe.

Either something is true, or it's not.

We Progressives know can't pick and chose what is true - but we can chose what particular truth or fact we believe is relevant or complete.

Anyway, you're a bright person.

Please check out the link posted to the NYTimes Investigative Report on junk food marketing.

I'm betting you find it fascinating.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3683 Feb 20, 2013
soros wrote:
Don't underestimate my intelligence.
ur not serious r u?
soros

Covington, GA

#3684 Feb 20, 2013
Damn, I only wished. I havent even read it.
Just more copying of older, relevant comments. Informed opinion, where are you? I miss you.

Synergy, dont leave us.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3685 Feb 20, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
soros
Lithonia, GA
I'll just continue to skip over your...
That's great, but I assure you that I could care less. Also nobody is here to make anyone else happy, and if they are they're in the wrong place. Yeah, you just pretend and keep on pretending. More and more people are being that way in these times. Hope this wasn't too loooong of a reply to you, but then again you probably pretended that you didn't read this.
What the hell are they here for? To spread the word of our inevitable DOOM? I know, you want to show everybody how smart you are? You say how you can control anybody on here like a dog, but it looks like to me you are the one being controlled by your fear of tomorrow. You only have to say a few words to you to get you to spew out a whole page of sh*t that most informed public already know. Cuckoo. Cuckoo.
soros

Covington, GA

#3686 Feb 20, 2013
I will continue to skip over anything and everything the bird copies and pastes. If only it would limit the space to his own thoughts instead of re-posting each comment he replies to, it may or may not be a bit more tolerable. It's a shame, we shall never know.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3687 Feb 20, 2013
At least informed opinion is entertaining with his outlook of the obvious truth. You are just depressing cuckoo cuckoo bird.
soros

Covington, GA

#3688 Feb 20, 2013
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
ur not serious r u?
Bored monitor, you are not missed. You're a creeper, though. Guess we all should be good at something.
soros

Covington, GA

#3689 Feb 20, 2013
Now, IO is back!!! It's about time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rupert Blackman has AIDs Wed me2youlol 3
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Wed me2youlol 4
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... Wed northernboy62 1
Zaxyby's Dec 9 Curious 1
cornerstone christian correspondence school dip... (Apr '10) Dec 7 Charleston 122
STC Names Semi-Finalists in Student Competition Dec 3 Bob Jenkins 1
Miles Crews Dec 2 just wondering 1
Darien Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Darien People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Darien News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Darien

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News