jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#2649 Jan 28, 2013
Money man wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the numbers and you'll find answers. 2.4 million jobs are directly linked to the military/industrial complex. Plus, the US has 2.2 million men and women in uniform. Plus, the US spends more on it's military, including hardware, than the next 13 nations do COMBINED and that includes Russia and China! Add in what the CIA spends, which is secret, and it would probably be 18 nations!
That's a lot of money and profits for people like Halliburton (sp). Can you imagine what would happen to the economy if the US were to suddenly cut back (or not start wars)?
Castro may or may not have said that, but looked what happened at the Bay Of Pigs! Face it: we're war mongers and that's nothing to be proud of!
i agree,and was not advocating that we elect milatary people to office.also agree about the "bay of pigs"fiasco.castro 'did' make that statement,but it was not said to flatter the U.S.,on the contrary,he was boasting about how cuba had stood up to us.
Polemics

Douglasville, GA

#2651 Jan 28, 2013
Lions dont wrote:
Lions don't hunt anything they know they can't take down. If the U.S. never wants to be taken down it shall keep the strongest military. To have the strongest military you must have the strongest economy. Obama was groomed to ruin the economy so America will fall. Athiests get their way but no Creationism. Gays in the Boy Scouts. Lesbians in the Girl Scouts. Legal dope smoking states. Same sex marriage. Next child molestors and bestiality shall get their so called RIGHTS recognized. We already got Hemlock Kevorkians and Abortion on Demand. But our government's main focus for out lawing is our guns.
Guess your post means you donít support Hillary in 2016? In the not too distant future you Tea Party types will be looked upon as a last hooray of a backward people.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#2652 Jan 28, 2013
Polemics wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess your post means you donít support Hillary in 2016? In the not too distant future you Tea Party types will be looked upon as a last hooray of a backward people.
Do you really believe after that Benghazi fiasco that she has a snowball's chance in Hell of being elected to even street sweeper. I don't think so!! When they questioned her all she did was answer with questions. Duh, real bright. I'm not a tea party type. I'm not a joiner, just an activist that never wants to see an American Ambasssdor beg for help. CIA saying they were being over run and Washington sitting on ther thumbs and 4 brave Americans dying. Literally fighting on American soil in a foreign land. You really think she can win. Dream on!! Let's not forget the Fast and Furious fiasco where Border Agent Terry was murdered by weapons we planned on tracing to terrorist in Mexico. Many Mexican citizens were killed with those guns too. How soon we do forget when we can't see the forrest for the trees.
Polemics

Douglasville, GA

#2653 Jan 28, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really believe after that Benghazi fiasco that she has a snowball's chance in Hell of being elected to even street sweeper. I don't think so!! When they questioned her all she did was answer with questions. Duh, real bright. I'm not a tea party type. I'm not a joiner, just an activist that never wants to see an American Ambasssdor beg for help. CIA saying they were being over run and Washington sitting on ther thumbs and 4 brave Americans dying. Literally fighting on American soil in a foreign land. You really think she can win. Dream on!! Let's not forget the Fast and Furious fiasco where Border Agent Terry was murdered by weapons we planned on tracing to terrorist in Mexico. Many Mexican citizens were killed with those guns too. How soon we do forget when we can't see the forrest for the trees.
There are lots of good Republicans but if yaíll donít regain control of your party from Tea Party nuts NRA fools and right wing fringes of the Christian faith you will no longer be a national party and we progressives need you. Please wake up>
Steve

Cartersville, GA

#2654 Jan 28, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really believe after that Benghazi fiasco that she has a snowball's chance in Hell of being elected to even street sweeper. I don't think so!! When they questioned her all she did was answer with questions. Duh, real bright. I'm not a tea party type. I'm not a joiner, just an activist that never wants to see an American Ambasssdor beg for help. CIA saying they were being over run and Washington sitting on ther thumbs and 4 brave Americans dying. Literally fighting on American soil in a foreign land. You really think she can win. Dream on!! Let's not forget the Fast and Furious fiasco where Border Agent Terry was murdered by weapons we planned on tracing to terrorist in Mexico. Many Mexican citizens were killed with those guns too. How soon we do forget when we can't see the forrest for the trees.
You're not very informed either. All weekend the news agencies (FOX included) were reporting that if Hillary ran the job would be hers, as nobody else could win.
Historian

Bremen, GA

#2656 Jan 28, 2013
Center cannot hold wrote:
progressive commie HUMBUG.
You mean like Republican President Theodore Roosevelt who pushed for Universal health coverage and leveled the playing field for all Americans by taking on the 1%?
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#2658 Jan 28, 2013
Polemics wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of good Republicans but if yaíll donít regain control of your party from Tea Party nuts NRA fools and right wing fringes of the Christian faith you will no longer be a national party and we progressives need you. Please wake up>
Progressive you mean, socialistic medicine, more entitlement programs, Obamacare, taking from the rich to support those that don't want to work, but live on our hard earned money. Let me tell you something. My husband is retired. Our health insurance costs almost $20,000 a year. I never reach my deductible my husband does because of serious health issues. Obamacare bull crap. I'll never have it. My husband and I paid out social security by mid year for years. We earned those benefits and we paid our taxes since we were in our late teens. I'll never be an Obamacare user. What's going to happen is Drs. are going to refuse to take any health care plans because of the administration costs, that will send the poor to the emergency rooms for care costing the government 5 times what it would otherwise. Those of us that keep our private coverage will pay out of pocket and file with our private insurances. Some of us don't want handouts. We have paid our way all our lives and will continue to do so till the day we die because we scrimped and saved and paid into our 401k plans for our entire lives. We don't need Obamacare. We can pay our own way, thank you very much.
Historian

Bremen, GA

#2659 Jan 28, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Progressive you mean, socialistic medicine, more entitlement programs, Obamacare, taking from the rich to support those that don't want to work, but live on our hard earned money. Let me tell you something. My husband is retired. Our health insurance costs almost $20,000 a year. I never reach my deductible my husband does because of serious health issues. Obamacare bull crap. I'll never have it. My husband and I paid out social security by mid year for years. We earned those benefits and we paid our taxes since we were in our late teens. I'll never be an Obamacare user. What's going to happen is Drs. are going to refuse to take any health care plans because of the administration costs, that will send the poor to the emergency rooms for care costing the government 5 times what it would otherwise. Those of us that keep our private coverage will pay out of pocket and file with our private insurances. Some of us don't want handouts. We have paid our way all our lives and will continue to do so till the day we die because we scrimped and saved and paid into our 401k plans for our entire lives. We don't need Obamacare. We can pay our own way, thank you very much.
When healthcare costs are eating up 25% of the GDP you will be crying out for a reasonably priced universal healthcare system like Taiwan, Switzerland and Israel all have.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#2660 Jan 28, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not very informed either. All weekend the news agencies (FOX included) were reporting that if Hillary ran the job would be hers, as nobody else could win.
I don't give a crap what Fox or any other talking heads report. Somethings will not be forgotten. Some us won't allow the Ambassador or the other three brave Americans be forgotten nor will we allow Border Agent Terry to be forgotten. If I'm not around my children will carry the banner as they are going to carry the debt this country has now amassed. Probably my grandson's children will still be paying for this crap when we are long gone. Take your talking heads and you socialistic crap and tell it to someone that's looking for a free ride in life. They'll love!!!!!!!
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#2661 Jan 28, 2013
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
When healthcare costs are eating up 25% of the GDP you will be crying out for a reasonably priced universal healthcare system like Taiwan, Switzerland and Israel all have.
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out to you lately but this is AMERICA!!!!! I don't concern myself with what governments choose to do in other countries especially Taiwan. This is America and the people choose what's best for them individually as we always have. We don't need anymore government interferance in our lives or at least I don't. I support a womans right to abortion in cases of incest, rape or if a pregnacy threatens her life but no other reason. Certainly not as a form of birth control as so many women have used it for. Go to any Health Dept and you can get birth control free or on a sliding scale. There is not reason for an unwanted pregnacy in this country. Some just don't give a crap cause they know they can just run out and get a scrape job and be done with it. Now Obama is saying that's okay. Whatever feels good do it. That's the mindset of this Administration and it sickens me to the bone.
Historian

Bremen, GA

#2662 Jan 28, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't give a crap what Fox or any other talking heads report. Somethings will not be forgotten. Some us won't allow the Ambassador or the other three brave Americans be forgotten nor will we allow Border Agent Terry to be forgotten. If I'm not around my children will carry the banner as they are going to carry the debt this country has now amassed. Probably my grandson's children will still be paying for this crap when we are long gone. Take your talking heads and you socialistic crap and tell it to someone that's looking for a free ride in life. They'll love!!!!!!!
Yep, your great-grandchildren will be paying off the 2 unfunded Bush Wars that came on top of his unnecessary tax cuts.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#2663 Jan 28, 2013
Now good night to all you good people of Gilmer county. I'm fighting as hard as I can for us all. For my detractors, well, you can kiss my country ass.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#2664 Jan 28, 2013
When you can't continue to support your case what do you do. Resort to those little childish judge it's. Sad little people with sad little lives.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#2665 Jan 28, 2013
Money man wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the numbers and you'll find answers. 2.4 million jobs are directly linked to the military/industrial complex. Plus, the US has 2.2 million men and women in uniform. Plus, the US spends more on it's military, including hardware, than the next 13 nations do COMBINED and that includes Russia and China! Add in what the CIA spends, which is secret, and it would probably be 18 nations!
That's a lot of money and profits for people like Halliburton (sp). Can you imagine what would happen to the economy if the US were to suddenly cut back (or not start wars)?
Castro may or may not have said that, but looked what happened at the Bay Of Pigs! Face it: we're war mongers and that's nothing to be proud of!
like i said,i agree generally.but about the'bay of pigs'-no u.s. troops were used in the actual invasion.it is true that the cuban ex-patriots were cia trained,equiped and advised,pres.kennedy(new to the job-the plan was concieved under the eisenhower admin.)had many misgivings about its' chances of sucess,but reluctently allowed it proceed.after it became apparent that it was doomed,he witheld futher u.s. support(airpower).many 'conspiracy buffs' still believe that this may have led to his assassination.
Jonah

Marshallville, GA

#2666 Jan 28, 2013
Isakson
Informed Opinion

Portland, OR

#2668 Jan 28, 2013
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like Republican President Theodore Roosevelt who pushed for Universal health coverage and leveled the playing field for all Americans by taking on the 1%?
What a great American Teddy was.

If he ran for office today, the 47% of Americans who voted fr Romney would be convinced Teddy Roosevelt of a liberal, socialist commie Democrat.

Lord, 47 % of us have drifted so far to the right we make Mussolini seem like a lovable liberal.
fall in it

Winter Haven, FL

#2669 Jan 28, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if anyone has pointed this out to you lately but this is AMERICA!!!!! I don't concern myself with what governments choose to do in other countries especially Taiwan. This is America and the people choose what's best for them individually as we always have. We don't need anymore government interferance in our lives or at least I don't. I support a womans right to abortion in cases of incest, rape or if a pregnacy threatens her life but no other reason. Certainly not as a form of birth control as so many women have used it for. Go to any Health Dept and you can get birth control free or on a sliding scale. There is not reason for an unwanted pregnacy in this country. Some just don't give a crap cause they know they can just run out and get a scrape job and be done with it. Now Obama is saying that's okay. Whatever feels good do it. That's the mindset of this Administration and it sickens me to the bone.
You are a product of conservative based religious beliefs, talk radio and TV. They all, mayed even including your church have formed your opinions buy feeding you a line of sugar coated B/S.

With so many well informed conservative republicans you would think they could have beaten a black man born in some other country with only a fake education. The enonomy at historic levels of BAD. Historical levels of unemployment and stuck in two wars we can't win. You and your friends have tried twice and lost.

And you keep on saying the same thing. Every time you or someone like you opens your mouth with crap like in this post another vote goes to Obama or someone like him. Its YOU and people just like you who he thanks every night for his good luck. You and your friends keep talking and the republican party will be history, that could be one of your goals. The tea party talking over and you getting everything you dream of, never will happen.

The good thing is the party knows this, so they are moving toward the center, moving toward blacks, Hispanics and women. More relevant segments of the population than white tea party religious conservatives. You have dug your own political grave, now for the good of all fall in it, or wake up and smell the real world.

Have a blessed day!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2670 Jan 28, 2013
Polemics wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted we need a change in politicians but not baby killers. I would come nearer accepting those that refused to serve.
I take it, then, you are anti-abortion? If so, that doesn't bode well with the partial birth abortion scenario you lefties seem to favor.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2671 Jan 28, 2013
Technically wrote:
<quoted text>
Our armed forces are now all mercenaries.
OMG!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2672 Jan 28, 2013
Neider wrote:
The reason current politicians are so willing to send soldiers to die overseas is because they themselves have not served and have no sons in the military who are risking their lives. Mitt Romney is the perfect example. In fact, Vietnam-era draft dodgers who are current politicians are an even better example.
So! There are NO politicians serving today who have served in the armed forces NOR do they have sons or daughters in the armed forces. REALLY? None? Zero? Exactly HOW do you know that? Have you researched every single politician?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rupert Blackman has AIDs 21 hr me2youlol 3
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell 21 hr me2youlol 4
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... 21 hr northernboy62 1
Zaxyby's Dec 9 Curious 1
cornerstone christian correspondence school dip... (Apr '10) Dec 7 Charleston 122
STC Names Semi-Finalists in Student Competition Dec 3 Bob Jenkins 1
Miles Crews Dec 2 just wondering 1
Darien Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Darien People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Darien News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Darien

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:28 am PST

ESPN10:28AM
Falcons brush off Saint's 'funeral' trash talk
NBC Sports12:06 PM
Mike Smith says Julio Jones decision will come Sunday morning
Yahoo! Sports 1:15 PM
Titans, Jaguars offer little outside of draft positioning
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:25 PM
Falcons QB: Showdown with Saints just another game - NBC Sports