Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

gUY DID IT......dID HE DO IT ALONE ? I DOUBT IT .....BUT YES FOR SOMEONE TO CALL 911 AND SAY THAT HIS ENTIRE FAMILY HAD BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH AND THEN WHEN POLICE ARRIVE THEY SAY IT LOOKED LIKE THEY HAD ALL BEEN SHOT.........THEN AUTOPSIES SHOWED THAT THEY WERE BEATEN NOT SHOT.....HOW WAS IT THAT GUY KNEW THIS ?? UM YEA RIGHT BECAUSE HE FRIGGIN DID IT AND HE NEEDS TO BURN IN HELL.
megan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Lori wrote:
People kill there family al the time
Some people care only about them self
And if you don't know the person or where they came from you have no room to judge. That house was disgusting and guy stayed there some of the time of course they have his DNA .
megan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

misplaced wrote:
Of course the DA is readyto go with this-- they "misplaced" vital evidence, surpressed evidence and refused to give up ALL articles of discovery-- they are intentionally leaving the defense with very little to defend against.
Too many people here think Jr is guilty because the cops say he is. They don't know all the details and I don't claim to, either.
But, I have known this family since the early 80's. I KNOW these people. I grew up with Sr and with Rusty. I watched their families grow.
People can only wish their families were as strong and supporting as this family was. They weren't perfect, but NONE of us are. They had problems and they had issues -- just like the reStSt of us.
Unless Jr told me to my face he did it, there is no way I could think otherwise.
I completely agree, f they we're in the situation he's in they would freak, guy isn't the best person but him and his family have been through alot. It would have came out bY now if he did it, but whoever did is still out there roaming
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

megan wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree, f they we're in the situation he's in they would freak, guy isn't the best person but him and his family have been through alot. It would have came out bY now if he did it, but whoever did is still out there roaming
I am not sure what you mean it would have come out by now if Jr. had done these crimes????? He is the ONLY ONE that has been arrested and charged with these crimes.
Jr. doesn't even seem to be freaking honestly. He could have constitutionally demanded a speedy trial when he was first arrested in 2009 if he was truly innocent but he waived that right and is content to wait in jail for years for his case to come to trial. What innocent man is willing to do that?
The thought that his family has been through a lot in their life makes it all the more tragic if he is the one that murdered them all. I have to agree with another poster who said the motive might have been because he exploded in drug/rage that they were moving and they did not want him moving with them. They had to have their valid reasons and I think that will become known at trial from those that Rusty and Sr. talked with before they were murdered.
Something very bad was going on in that house between Jr and his father and uncle before they all wound up dead. IMO.
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

megan wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you don't know the person or where they came from you have no room to judge. That house was disgusting and guy stayed there some of the time of course they have his DNA .
You are wrong Megan. By your thinking then no one would be arrested and found guilty if they also resided at the home of the crime scene. That makes no sense and is factually incorrect. Suspects who live inside the home with victims are convicted everyday across our country.

There is typical DNA found and then there is forensic DNA found at crime scenes. If his hair, fibers from his clothing, and his own blood is comingled among the dead, and he left bloody prints on the walls, bathroom sink or bloody shoeprints then he is in a heap of trouble. If they have the murder weapon with his prints on it that is not typical DNA.

He is now locked into his story he told LE. He did not check on anyone but Michael. We know that because Byron was also alive and Jr. never mentions to send help for him on the 911 call. And the police would have asked him exactly where he went in the home when he pretended to come back and 'find them.' So if he has the blood of the victims on his clothing including his underwear or his fingerprints in their blood he is going to be a goner.

I most assuredly want him to get a fair trial and for the case to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt but more than anything I want the victims to get the justice each one so richly deserves.

These murders were more gruesome, cruel,sadistic and viscous than when the 6 Alday family members were murdered. To be bludgeoned to death is a horrific way to murder anyone. I pray for the jurors that will sit on this case for the autopsy and crime scene photos will be shown to them.:(
Out of State Reader

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Hello Everyone...Hope everyone is having a great summer. Had to have some work done on my PC so have not posted for a bit..thought I had better check in.

Caring..hope all is going well.

Are they anything ever posted about Jr? I wonder if his little brother gets to visit him much?
warmth

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Remember this people.....if the evidence that they do have is not sufficient enough to convict him then the jury will find him not guilty.and he will walk I'm this case....just like those murdering basterds...Shawn brockington...shawn pickern..Johnny johnston..and Robby altman who were ALL guilty of the stabbing murder of Kevin Buie in 1994....though the prosocution and jury failed to convict these peices of shit and scum for cold blooded murder because of loopholes in our justice system which PROTECTS THE VICTIM.....BUT IT ALSO PROTECTS COLD BLOODED MURDERERS which all live carefree today BUT THE ONES WHO MATTERED THE MOST IN THESE CASES ARE DEAD AND THEIR CHILDEREN ARE MOTHERLESS AND OR FATHERLESS so think about that... I hope that the prosecution team in this case as well as the recent murder of Amber Whited are well trained and they turn all stones over and reveiw all the evidence in these cases so these families who live with these horrific and unanswered memories find the closure that they deserve!!!
former brunswick resident

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

I remember the day this happened I just moved into glynn place maybe 3 wks before the murder. I don't know who did it since the evidence hasn't come out and everything is all opinions so far.

I was on st. Simons at the waffle house discussing what happened with a friend who worked there and 2 guys came in and overheard our convo and told us that they know heinze didn't do it. I don't know them or anything about heinze personally at all but they had a look where they knew that he was innocent. I didn't ask many questions but I remember saying when I left that if they know he didn't do it and can place him in a different place at that time then why aren't they at the police station or with his attorney to help him.

A few weeks later at the mall ( if you could call it that ). I overheard some kids saying to another that your brother is guilty, he's gonna be somebody's b*tch, and fry for killing his family. I walked over and grabbed tyler cause he looked like he was gonna mass murder these kids and spoke to him for a little bit and he was adamant that his brother didn't do it. I felt for him he lost his family and his brother is being accused of killing them all but I told him if he's knows more he needs to bring it to the right people. We said our goodbyes and he was a nice kid but his last words were to me " I wish I could ".

Now I moved from there finally a year later and for all the people on here saying everybody in brunswick thinks heinze did it the majority of people I met strongly believe he didn't do it.

In the end I don't know I wasn't there but personally I hope he didn't do this crime but if he did kill his family he deserves the death penalty immediately and not 12 years down the line.
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

I would be very surprised if Guy Jr's brother came out and said 'Yep, I know he did it.' In fact it rarely happens which is totally understandable. No family member (sibling or parent) wants to believe they have someone in their family capable of doing something this horrific. However; time and time again we see that even close family members did not know the person as well as they thought they did.

As far as who believes what in Brunswick it depends on who you talk with. I have talked with several residents, some knew the family, some did not, and they believe he is guilty. Some have said the motive will come out during the trial. Which by the way I hope does start on September 23rd.

What I haven't seen is any other remarks supporting Heinz Jr. from all the other various family members including those who come to court hearings. The only one that has supported Jr is his younger teen brother, Tyler and Tyler's stepfather. Tyler has also had his own run ins with the law.

The Brunswick DAs office just convicted a teen of killing a little toddler and I hope they have the evidence they need in this case and will prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt to the jury. I suspect there may be a change of venue in this case as well to insure he gets a fair trial.
Out of State Reader

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Hello Caring and everyone that has been posting here for sometime now.

Caring we have been long time posters I think the longest as I think back.
I still feel the way I did to start with I don't think he did it. I still say the neighbor next door knows more than he ever let on. I think he saw something that was never told.
Is it this Sep. 23 trial is to begin? Please keep me posted the only way I know what is going on is from Topix.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Out of State Reader wrote:
Is it this Sep. 23 trial is to begin? Please keep me posted the only way I know what is going on is from Topix.
I assume trial is still scheduled. Once it starts it should receive ample coverage from Brunswick and Jacksonville. Suggest you set up a google alert, That's what I did and I'm always notified of new articles.
Out of State Reader

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

sigsky wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume trial is still scheduled. Once it starts it should receive ample coverage from Brunswick and Jacksonville. Suggest you set up a google alert, That's what I did and I'm always notified of new articles.
Yes sigsky I need to do that I have it set that if someone posts to Topix it sends me a reply here from the Brunswick Forum.
Thanks again for the info.
HeAther

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

lol my name gets brought up and I have been gone a week. I just wonder are they anyone in Brunswick that thinks Jr. is innocent? Greg & Sunshine we can't be the only three people alive that thinks so.
i believe he is innocent we were friends in school he was never a viloent person he's a loving guy and was very close to his father ever so quick to believ what these glynn county assholes tell the press get it together one person killing 8 people and him have no abrasions r scratches on him get real glynn county fact is we feel safe cause u think the murder is in jail news flash he's still out and about living the life
Out of State Reader

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

HeAther wrote:
<quoted text>i believe he is innocent we were friends in school he was never a viloent person he's a loving guy and was very close to his father ever so quick to believ what these glynn county assholes tell the press get it together one person killing 8 people and him have no abrasions r scratches on him get real glynn county fact is we feel safe cause u think the murder is in jail news flash he's still out and about living the life
Thanks for your reply HeAther... I have always thought that if Guy had anything to do with it he would have not called 911 he would have left and stayed quite. This case has always been very interesting to me.
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

<quoted text>
Thanks for your reply HeAther... I have always thought that if Guy had anything to do with it he would have not called 911 he would have left and stayed quite. This case has always been very interesting to me.
LTNS OoSR! We are almost there.:)

Here is the latest.

Month set aside to pick jury in Ga. mass slaying

By RUSS BYNUM,
Updated 7:24 am, Saturday, September 14, 2013

BRUNSWICK, Ga.(AP) More than four years after eight people were beaten to death inside a mobile home in southeast Georgia, prosecutors and defense attorneys could spend the next month questioning potential jurors for the death penalty trial of the man charged with the slayings.

Attorneys on both sides in the capital trial of Guy Heinze Jr. are scheduled to report Monday to the Glynn County courthouse to begin what's expected to be a long and difficult task questioning potential jurors about their opinions regarding the death penalty and their exposure to pretrial media coverage in hopes of finding at least a dozen people to fairly hear evidence in the gruesome and highly publicized killings from 2009.

Superior Court Judge Stephen Scarlett has set aside a full four weeks for narrowing down the jury pool. Final jury selection and the trial are set for Oct. 15

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Mont...
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Hello Caring and everyone that has been posting here for sometime now.
Caring we have been long time posters I think the longest as I think back.
I still feel the way I did to start with I don't think he did it. I still say the neighbor next door knows more than he ever let on. I think he saw something that was never told.
I think you and I have been posting with each other from almost the beginning. I do miss our beloved poster Greg though. May he rest in peace.

I know you don't think he did it and I respect your opinion and anyone else who feels as you do. But I can only speak for myself and I am still of the belief that he did so this and did it all by himself.

I am not sure what in particular you are referring to when you talk about the neighbor. Do you mean the one that was standing outside in front of the trailer when Jr went back inside when LE was on the way and he was talking to the dispatcher for over 13 minutes inside the home?

I do believe he will be a witness in the case. "I think" one of the things he is going to testify to is he never saw Jr. go to his car to put the shotgun in the trunk. If he does say this that will show Jr. hid the shotgun(weapon used imo) before he ever asked for help and before he talked to 911. Maybe even when he left the first time and then returned later on that morning pretending to find his family attacked.

The fact that he called 911 makes me feel the opposite. Many suspects have called 911 themselves and pretended to find their loved ones dead and they acted way overly dramatic just like Jr. So that points more toward him than away from him, IMO. Everyone knew he lived there so he knew he couldn't stay away forever. That would even come across as odder.

But come to think of it was he the one that first called 911? I thought he went outside and yelled and the maintenance guy ran over to the trailer and then the office manager called police first but I may have that wrong since it has been 4 years now. He did talk to the dispatcher but I think they were already on the way when he did and had already been called. I think that is why he told them Michael was alive because he knew by then they would be arriving soon and would find out anyway. One thing that always haunted me though is he really didn't go from one to the other to check on the rest of them because if he had he would have known Byron was still alive too.

I imagine his attorneys are going to try and blame West for a lot of it. West is 6 feet under and has no way of getting his truth out and both Heinz and his defense knows that. It has become a blame the victim game in every trial I have seen in recent years and its getting worse. Nowadays murder victims are crushed in the courtroom by the defendants wanting to get away with murder.

But whatever the evidence may be I do want the case to be proven to a jury BARD. If he is guilty of these mass murders he surely deserves the death penalty and even that seems way too humane compared to what all of his victims had to endure before they died.

Will you be posting regularly here when trial starts up? October, November, and December is a busy time for me but I hope that the trial can be viewed on line somewhere instead of just the media reporting on it at the end of the day. It looks like the actual trial will start mid October.

If you are going to post then I will 'see' you when trial starts.:wave: Take care and may the truth and only the truth come to light so that true justice is served.
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Here is what I found about the call OoSR.

had a hearing scheduled in Court for August 31, 2009, regarding eviction proceedings.)

The shocking scene was reported by Guy Heinze, Jr., 22. When Heinze returned home after a night out, he ran to a neighbor, who called 911. A maintenance man at the trailer park named Mike talked to the dispatchers as Heinze returned to the mobile home and reported that his cousin Michael, who Mike described as "young man with Down syndrome," is still breathing but "his face is smashed in."

During the 911 call, Heinze, Jr. stated he came home to find "my whole family dead." "I was out last night. I got home just now, and everybody's dead.... My whole family's dead. It looks like they've been beaten to death. I don't know what to do, man."

http://voices.yahoo.com/georgia-massacre-vict...

So it looks like he ran to the neighbor and that is who called 911.
Out of State Reader

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Hi Caring...will be posting daily I have my pc set to if someone posts here on Topix it sends me a e-mail...I hope that I can set my pc to link to trial.

Yes RIP to our friend Greg he was so interested in this case.

Caring I'm not as smart as you on these cases I only really got into 3 JBRameyPetersonrson & this one you are a pro.
I still feel someone should have heard something also I feel like a person that killed 8 people should not have taken the police this long to decide who it was. If the Chief was as good as they say he should have tied him to it immediately.

For some reason my pc wants to skip words and hang up on here so look over any typos lol. freezing up gggrrrr
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Hi Caring...will be posting daily I have my pc set to if someone posts here on Topix it sends me a e-mail...I hope that I can set my pc to link to trial.
Yes RIP to our friend Greg he was so interested in this case.
Caring I'm not as smart as you on these cases I only really got into 3 JBRameyPetersonrson & this one you are a pro.
I still feel someone should have heard something also I feel like a person that killed 8 people should not have taken the police this long to decide who it was. If the Chief was as good as they say he should have tied him to it immediately.
For some reason my pc wants to skip words and hang up on here so look over any typos lol. freezing up gggrrrr
Thanks for the compliment but I am no pro. lol I have been reading and researching true crime for over three decades and I have learned a lot about the justice system during that time. I love to read and true crime is my favorite subject. Then along came trial watching on CTV/IS in the early 90s and I have been hooked ever since...especially in the past four years since I am retired now.

If I find an on line site that is going to have the trial I will make sure I let you know. They did air the Elkins trial on line but this Judge may not be for cameras in the courtroom. He may think it is too gruesome since so many died the way they did.

During these thirty years though I have learned a lot about cases. defendants, their methods, their motives, profiles, and a lot about the laws. You too will learn more and more knowledgeable with each case you follow.

Do you remember Richard Speck the serial killer? He was able to not only contain 8 adult women at one time but he also killed them one by one. I have read other articles where someone was able to creep in a home and bludgeon everyone to death inside and those victims were found by LE still in the fetal sleeping position as if they never knew they were in grave danger. One case I remember involved 6 people so two more is not that hard for me to believe.

But maybe some of them did try to fight back but if they had no weapon they would be no match for a crazy man strung out on drugs who was crashing a shotgun butt down on their head as hard as he could time after time after time. People will bludgeon someone because it doesn't make sounds like a gun would. It is a silent weapon and very deadly.

I think LE suspected him immediately especially when they found the broken shotgun butt with blood on it in his trunk but they needed evidence to arrest. 8 days isn't that long either. Once they got results back from the lab he was arrested. Also the Police Chief mentioned something having a 'witness statement' too as part of the probable cause to arrest. I think he may have been seen leaving in the middle of the night and then returning early morning.

But we shall see.

I hope you can find out what is making your PC freeze up. I know you don't want to miss this trial since we have all waited for so long.:)

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

I know many disagree with me, but I firmly think Jr is innocent. I have maintained that notion all long and unless Jr flat-out admits, will retain it.

I grew up with Rusty and Guy Sr. I met them in 4th grade. They considered each other brothers way back then and all through life, he remained the best of friends.

When they started having kids, the closeness of their family was such that unless you knew them well, you would not know which kid belonged to which parent.

Those kids, as they grew up, stayed just as close as their fathers did. There was normal childhood bickering, but in the end, no one messed with any of them because you would have to deal with ALL of them.

Also, like with a great deal many other kids, there were the normal bouts with drugs. But, none of them ever got involved with mass quantities or any really hard stuff- mostly some pot or a pain killer or two.

As for any violence in the family, nothing more than any other family dealt with.

My point is that despite the financial troubles they endured, the few recreational drugs and a few other small things I will not mention here, they were a very strong, very loving, very tight family living in a mobile home. Picture it, if you will, as a family life you would expect from the filthy rich, only without the money and instead of a mansion, they lived in a small, old, rented mobile home.

I am honored and proud to say that I knew that family. Rusty and Guy were the best friends anyone could ever hope to have. Their demise is beyond sad.

I often recall our camping trips together, fishing adventures and even the few times when, as teenagers, we got tipsy together. Rusty's dad had a small junkyard and we would piddle around with the old cars.

While we were not rich, we were better off than they were, but I always wished my family was as close as theirs. In that sense, they were far better off than I was- something that still holds true today.

Because of the way all of the Toler/Heinze kids were raised, I simply cannot entertain the notion that Jr did it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Darien Discussions

Search the Darien Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 24 min General Robert E Lee 49,967
where's all the weed at? Jul 27 dixiedoll576 8
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hinesville, GA (Aug '10) Jul 26 my opinion 57
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Jul 23 Drew 239
What happened to Kim Devore Jul 22 Rumor 3
Review: The Georgia Crab Co Jul 21 faisha 1
Handicap Parking Patrol in Glynn County (Aug '07) Jul 21 Nonliberal 20
•••
•••
•••
•••

Darien Jobs

•••