Pumpkin picking offered at local farms

Pumpkin picking offered at local farms

There are 69 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Oct 10, 2008, titled Pumpkin picking offered at local farms. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

From left, cousins Skye Ekern, 6; Dominic Seibold, 5; Tighe Ekern, 8; and Mariana Seibold, 10; all of Darien, carry a pumpkin from the patch at Jones Farms Pumpkinseed Hill in Shelton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Cathy

Matawan, NJ

#1 Oct 11, 2008
Silverman's Farm doesn't GROW the pumpkins... they truck them in! So you'll notice the quote only tells about what they HAVE, not about how they got them!
Frank

Newtown, CT

#3 Oct 11, 2008
A pumpkin patch is very difficult to clear after picking but home grown is so much more green but if farmers receive a tax break for farming their land they should grow the crop.
cwaterman

United States

#4 Oct 12, 2008
Great article Caitlin!!!Congratulations!!!
skye

Walpole, MA

#6 Jan 15, 2011
I'm skye ekern now 8 i remember doing that it was so much fun
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#7 Jan 20, 2011
Cathy wrote:
Silverman's Farm doesn't GROW the pumpkins... they truck them in! So you'll notice the quote only tells about what they HAVE, not about how they got them!
isn't this false advertising?
Much more money

United States

#8 Jan 20, 2011
Zelda sounds like a pumpkin head with her stupid comments.
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#9 Jan 21, 2011
skye wrote:
I'm skye ekern now 8 i remember doing that it was so much fun
check out "much more money" ..apparently he/she doesn't appreciate the pumpkin patch!
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#10 Jan 21, 2011
Much more money wrote:
????
MRS AVA

Lyman, SC

#11 Jan 21, 2011
ZELDA wrote:
<quoted text>????
Zelda consider the source! I hope the weatherman is wrong but it looks like next week you will be getting some more snnow.We are supposed to get some M&T
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#12 Jan 21, 2011
MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text> Zelda consider the source! I hope the weatherman is wrong but it looks like next week you will be getting some more snnow.We are supposed to get some M&T
I think it's hilarious!
I just wanted to stir things up yesterday by going onto some lame brain topic..other than Sam vs Dan, and Where's Same, ETC...something on light note! And, sure enough, someone made that comment, but that's OK...now, let's get to our discussion..
You're right, we had snow last nite, and more expected next wk.
Gee, You're Getting Snow Again? I thought you had nice balmy weather.

So, I guess neither one of us can go pumpkin picking!!!!!~!~ hardy har har har
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#13 Jan 21, 2011
Much more money wrote:
Listen AZZhole, I did it for the laugh...Imbecile.
Now, since you're so BRILLIANT, how about offering some intelligent comments......
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#14 Jan 21, 2011
Frank wrote:
A pumpkin patch is very difficult to clear after picking but home grown is so much more green but if farmers receive a tax break for farming their land they should grow the crop.
a tax break?
I'm gonna start growing pumpkins...I grew some tomatoes, peppers and squash last summer...can I declare that this year on my tax return?
MRS AVA

Lyman, SC

#15 Jan 21, 2011
ZELDA wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's hilarious!
I just wanted to stir things up yesterday by going onto some lame brain topic..other than Sam vs Dan, and Where's Same, ETC...something on light note! And, sure enough, someone made that comment, but that's OK...now, let's get to our discussion..
You're right, we had snow last nite, and more expected next wk.
Gee, You're Getting Snow Again? I thought you had nice balmy weather.
So, I guess neither one of us can go pumpkin picking!!!!!~!~ hardy har har har
It was 60 yesterday and will be sunny all weekend but this is a crazy winter for everyone.Snow totals have exceeded a normal year for most in NY and Boston and it's still Jan.
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#16 Jan 21, 2011
MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>It was 60 yesterday and will be sunny all weekend but this is a crazy winter for everyone.Snow totals have exceeded a normal year for most in NY and Boston and it's still Jan.
I'm beginning to think they're right...it all has to do with the global warming...it supposedly is shaking things up...
Look at all the states that didn't have ice/snow, etc.
Icebergs are melting leaving little room for polar bears and seals, little critters on mountains have to move higher up because it's too warm or cold for them..
If we want to save the planet, we really all have to pitch in.
There's too much plastic waste in the ocean, they opened a beached whale and found plastic, pants, and other things you'd never imagine in his stomach...I saved the article...don't have time to list everything right now
Ava is a AZZ

Dallas, TX

#17 Jan 21, 2011
MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>It was 60 yesterday and will be sunny all weekend but this is a crazy winter for everyone.Snow totals have exceeded a normal year for most in NY and Boston and it's still Jan.
We don't care about South Carolina, except that we know that you are one A-HOLE BA$TARD who won't leave Sam alone. so, GFY, and leave Sam alone. The subject is Pumpkin, A-HOLE BA$TARD.
Ava is a AZZ

Dallas, TX

#18 Jan 21, 2011
MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text> Zelda consider the source! I hope the weatherman is wrong but it looks like next week you will be getting some more snnow.We are supposed to get some M&T
You are always wrong, so shut the HELL up and go away.
Both you and Zelda are A-HOLES BA$TARDS who have nothing better to do then insult Sam and his friends. So, shut the HELL up, because we are tire of your stupid comments and insults.
SUBJECT; Pumpkins.
MRS AVA

Lyman, SC

#19 Jan 22, 2011
Cucurbita pepo
A Singer

Dallas, TX

#20 Jan 22, 2011
AVA sounds like she is a A-HOLE.
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#21 Jan 25, 2011
MRS AVA wrote:
Cucurbita pepo
does that mean GFY??????
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#22 Jan 25, 2011
Ava is a AZZ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always wrong, so shut the HELL up and go away.
Both you and Zelda are A-HOLES BA$TARDS who have nothing better to do then insult Sam and his friends. So, shut the HELL up, because we are tire of your stupid comments and insults.
SUBJECT; Pumpkins.
you certainly post like Sam...are you sure you're not???
Cuz, we haven't seen Gentlemen Samuel's postings lately...wonder where he is?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ty Beanie Baby Collectors come here! (May '09) 8 hr Phsgt 80
Repeal the Second Amendment Oct 15 Robby Rob 3
Norwalk officer shot in shooting range mishap Oct 15 ffctguitar 6
News Bridgeport woman charged in unemployment fraud Oct 13 America Gentleman... 2
News City of Bridgeport graffiti removal experts dec... Oct 12 Gavone 2
Is Brett Saltus still shooting Heroin? (Feb '13) Oct 12 Chuckie 38
News Ganim makes his case for governor, confronts pa... Oct 10 BPT 2

Darien Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darien Mortgages