Candidate Profile: Rolf Maurer

Candidate Profile: Rolf Maurer

There are 18 comments on the Darien Patch story from Feb 21, 2011, titled Candidate Profile: Rolf Maurer. In it, Darien Patch reports that:

"I'm hoping to .... get people accustomed to having more than two options," he said in a recent interview with Patch.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Darien Patch.

Abolish The Fed

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Feb 21, 2011
Right on Rolf!
VoxPop

United States

#2 Feb 21, 2011
Abolish The Fed wrote:
Right on Rolf!
I was wondering what you were going to say.
Abolish The Fed

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Feb 22, 2011
VoxPop wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering what you were going to say.
I don't agree with all of Rolf's ideas but I know him personally and he is a good guy. I am cheering because there should be more than 2 choices.

He should at least be let into debates where he can inject real issues, like barter currency which is a great idea!
VoxPop

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2011
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with all of Rolf's ideas but I know him personally and he is a good guy. I am cheering because there should be more than 2 choices.
He should at least be let into debates where he can inject real issues, like barter currency which is a great idea!
Fair enough.
However,absent a fluke,there's virtually no chance and no basis for a guy to occasionally pop up as a third party candidate and win, notably in a schizophrenic state senate district like 27.

Even on the mayoral front, it is a grinding uphill battle.
Persistent, outgoing, active all year prople like Upset Taxpayers' John Santariga and accountant Lillian Fillardo could sell ideas and get votes, but never do better than some cross-endorsed wins on the underticket.
The only unorganized political movement to win influence in Stamford was not a party, it was an idea - CONA - the coalition of neighborhood associations - had broad conservative appeal to curb the spread of public housing. It elected like-minded Democrats and Republicans to the Board of Representatives, as well as both party committees. Some of them are still serving.
Its second surge in a new more palatable yet conservaive mindset saw election of people like Joe Trazia,Jim Rubino, etc.
But absent a constant presence, real financing and effort, the Green Party is little more than a nice idea. Too bad.
Really

Stamford, CT

#5 Feb 23, 2011
Only 25 votes in total for Rolf? You'd think he had more friends than that that would vote for him.
former res

Broomall, PA

#6 Feb 23, 2011
Gov Malloy was on Mornin Joe today. He actually did a pretty good job. They want him back.

14 years as Stamford Mayor? No term limits I guess.
Really

Stamford, CT

#7 Feb 23, 2011
former res wrote:
Gov Malloy was on Mornin Joe today. He actually did a pretty good job. They want him back.
Is there a YouTube / Video link for available?
former res

Broomall, PA

#8 Feb 23, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a YouTube / Video link for available?
I don't see one yet - will check again. But found this in the meantime.

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Dan-Mal...
Abolish the Fed

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Feb 23, 2011
Really wrote:
Only 25 votes in total for Rolf? You'd think he had more friends than that that would vote for him.
Special election I think is usually a low voter turnout deal.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10 Feb 23, 2011
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with all of Rolf's ideas but I know him personally and he is a good guy. I just wet my pants
ok

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Feb 23, 2011
Abolish the Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I talk and talk but say nothing.
I agree
VoxPop

United States

#12 Feb 23, 2011
former res wrote:
1 two year term.
(then a charter change took effect)
3 four year terms.
the job has always proven to be self-limiting.
no mayor has made it to five terms.

he's a good talker.
considering the learning disabilities he had to overcome, it is remarkable.
VoxPop

United States

#13 Feb 23, 2011
Really wrote:
My point.
A doomed exercise of liberty.
I have no problem with it, but it is fruitless
Abolish the Fed

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Feb 23, 2011
VoxPop wrote:
<quoted text>
My point.
A doomed exercise of liberty.
I have no problem with it, but it is fruitless
Was his name even on the ballot?

They did this to the libertarians in the last election, played around with deadline dates for the petition.

White Plains, NY

#15 Feb 23, 2011
Abolish the Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what i am talking about.
We can se
Publius

Morristown, NJ

#16 Feb 23, 2011
VoxPop wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough.
However,absent a fluke,there's virtually no chance and no basis for a guy to occasionally pop up as a third party candidate and win, notably in a schizophrenic state senate district like 27.
Even on the mayoral front, it is a grinding uphill battle.
But absent a constant presence, real financing and effort, the Green Party is little more than a nice idea. Too bad.
I have attended several debates that included Rolf Maurer. My impression was that he lacks the knowledge base to be a serious candidate. He brings up a few ideas out of left field, but he fails to impress with his understanding of the main issues for the office he is running for.
Rather than run occasionally for higher office, he ought to make an effort to gain election to the Bd of Reps so he can become familiar with the everyday issues that face Stamford's government, and then gather a following.
You also have to actually RUN for office. That means creating a campaign organization, raising funds, making appearances at organizations, shaking hands at supermarkets, producing campaign literature, etc.
Otherwise you're just a "nice guy" who gets 25 votes.
Really

Stamford, CT

#17 Feb 24, 2011
Publius wrote:
<quoted text>
I have attended several debates that included Rolf Maurer. My impression was that he lacks the knowledge base to be a serious candidate. He brings up a few ideas out of left field, but he fails to impress with his understanding of the main issues for the office he is running for.
Rather than run occasionally for higher office, he ought to make an effort to gain election to the Bd of Reps so he can become familiar with the everyday issues that face Stamford's government, and then gather a following.
You also have to actually RUN for office. That means creating a campaign organization, raising funds, making appearances at organizations, shaking hands at supermarkets, producing campaign literature, etc.
Otherwise you're just a "nice guy" who gets 25 votes.
When you put it that way, it sounds like the 25 votes were rather generous.
VoxPop

United States

#18 Feb 24, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
When you put it that way, it sounds like the 25 votes were rather generous.
Publius and I have said pretty much the same thing.

The 25 votes were generous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ROBTARD arrested for carrying enema bag filled ... (Mar '12) Wed Wow 100
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 24 TWP 72,037
Gangstalking Darien,Wilton,Stamford (May '09) Jul 24 Bhp 42
Paul H Burnham and the Gangstalking Case covere... (Dec '09) Jul 23 Truth 33
Is Brett Saltus still shooting Heroin? (Feb '13) Jul 21 Terry 52
Robtard is an Azz (Mar '12) Jul 9 What a Queen 292
News Bridgeport woman charged in Norwalk stabbing Jul 8 ffctguitar 6

Darien Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darien Mortgages