Finding Bigotry in the Mirror

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

Is it okay to allow a high school student to wear a T-shirt to school with a blatant anti-gay message? Should a Twitter account with hate speech about Jews, African Americans, Latinos and others be shut down? The speech, prejudices and beliefs are out there, but we as human beings and as a community need to decide whether we will allow them to ... (more)

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jun 19, 2012
Jake

Saint Cloud, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

Easy answer--free speech does not exist in schools, because they are minors, so we are allowed to protect them from themselves.

Twitter is on the internet, so as repugnant as it may be, unless it violates some terms of service agreement that the user agreed to, well... Topix comments are pretty good proof that we have to allow vile and disgusting creatures to post whatever hate speech they want, because it's their right to be morons.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

Exactly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Darien News Video

•••
•••

Darien Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Darien People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••