Region looks to get back to businessAfter Nemo: Isolation and togetherness amid slow cleanup

Feb 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fairfield Citizen-News

After the most prolific blizzard in more than a century, Bridgeport and southwestern Connecticut will try to get back to business Monday, but not necessarily back to school.

Comments
21 - 30 of 30 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 12, 2013
 
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, how incredibly stupid to restrict traffic into the area so they can clean the roads. They should have encouraged everyone to come on down with shovels.
Waterbury did just exactly that. When a bucket loader comes, all those with worthy genes jump out of the way. And by the way- I got a request to drive a nurses aide from westville to hamden to care for a bed-ridden patient who couldn't feed herself. Would you have been an obedient little lemming again?

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sorry for two identical posts- my computer keeps losing it's 'signed in' status.
Frank

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Waterbury did just exactly that. When a bucket loader comes, all those with worthy genes jump out of the way. And by the way- I got a request to drive a nurses aide from westville to hamden to care for a bed-ridden patient who couldn't feed herself. Would you have been an obedient little lemming again?
There are differing circumstances when people would have a legitimate reason to be there. Restricting traffic to clear the roads does not sound like a bad idea to this little lemming.
Nulli Secundus

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 12, 2013
 
The National Weather Service DOESN'T name winter storms - only the cünts on 'the weather channel' are doing it.
BPT

Derby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Feb 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>There are differing circumstances when people would have a legitimate reason to be there. Restricting traffic to clear the roads does not sound like a bad idea to this little lemming.
touche, frank!!!!!
seems like a resonable idea to me also.
moore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 13, 2013
 
Why don't you do a story on Officer/Dectective Trahan who is a racist & rountinely use the N-word while off duty.
moore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 13, 2013
 
Why don't you do a posting story on Detective/Officer Trahan Wilton Police Department who is a bigot & uses the N-word on a daily basis.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Feb 13, 2013
 
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>There are differing circumstances when people would have a legitimate reason to be there. Restricting traffic to clear the roads does not sound like a bad idea to this little lemming.
Good luck with that- you will see city governments put all their efforts into road blocks and fining people, instead of cleanup. This also gives them cover for inadequate cleanup. Once people get used to that, towns will demand more and more cleanup time, demand people stay off the roads, while businesses still expect employees to report, and businesses try to stay in operation. And for example, you won't be able to go across town to check on your mother-in-law or a rental property. You guys are way too compliant with authorities who care way too little about doing the right thing.
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Feb 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that- you will see city governments put all their efforts into road blocks and fining people, instead of cleanup. This also gives them cover for inadequate cleanup. Once people get used to that, towns will demand more and more cleanup time, demand people stay off the roads, while businesses still expect employees to report, and businesses try to stay in operation. And for example, you won't be able to go across town to check on your mother-in-law or a rental property. You guys are way too compliant with authorities who care way too little about doing the right thing.
They had a fire on Roberts street and a friend of mine lives on that street.After all the Police, Fire and national guard activity moved out they brought in payloaders and plows..it will look good on the local news but residents shoveled a lot of snow yesterday and the day before.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Feb 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AVA-AVA-AVA wrote:
<quoted text>They had a fire on Roberts street and a friend of mine lives on that street.After all the Police, Fire and national guard activity moved out they brought in payloaders and plows..it will look good on the local news but residents shoveled a lot of snow yesterday and the day before.
Yes, as I understand it right now, 2/3rds of Bridgeport is still not plowed. What a mess!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Darien Discussions

Search the Darien Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,391
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing (Jan '09) Sun MrCracka 5,606
Restaurant News: Burger Time latest joint to sq... (Sep '09) Sat Kunta Kante 12
Facing Depression (Feb '11) Jul 24 1 Citizen 15
63-year-old Stamford Motors dealership is sold (Mar '09) Jul 23 Les Williams 16
WWE Promotes Stephanie McMahon & John Laurinaitis (Jun '07) Jul 23 amw 8
A deluded consensus on discrimination Jul 21 Drilling for the nerve 2
•••
•••

Darien News Video

•••
Darien Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Darien Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Darien People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Darien News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Darien
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••