Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 249871 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102641 Aug 22, 2012
JER29 wrote:
ND2 it was posted that his wife worked for the paper and was let go because of negative comments. Im not sure he was employed by the paper but do carriers buy the papers and work for themselves? It is also an opportunity to carry on other activities while delivering the paper. He is a poi here but was someone aware of his past and planted evidence to draw attention to him and this area away from another location where Holly may have been taken? LE has 8 years to figure it out with him but only about 20 months left with JN in prison.
The previously referenced article states that there was an affidavit which stated he was seen loading copies of the 'News Leader' to deliver on 8-30-11, and that he had not listed them as a place of employment, which he apparently was required by law to do as part of the sex offender registry.

Then, in this video, it shows his residence, and there are at least two vans parked outside. One was a red minivan, but the other was a white van that looked more like a service vehicle, like you'd use in a trade. This news piece said that he was believed to have gone out with someone, looking for girls to abduct.

Video here:
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/TBI-Sex-Offe...

I would expect that more could be read in arrest warrants and such, if those papers are available and not sealed in some way. It would be interesting to read more details.

I do also think its interesting that, as you mention, someone could have set it up to look like he was involved. They would have had to think of that, in the midst of two busy, stress-filled days of abducting Holly, stashing her somewhere and dealing with her. Remember, the lunch purse was found late on day two, and it was said that other items of Holly's were close by. That means that if it was a set up, it almost had to be premeditated to do it that way, or else the perp just happened to be going that way. If they really wanted to frame TLB, then looks like they could have gotten it a little closer to his property, so the connection would look clearer to LE! To me, it's more likely that the perp was headed in that direction, and that happened to be a good place to toss things, for whatever reason. I did think it was interesting too, that a searcher out where the lunch purse was tossed by the creek said that the evidence would have been washed downstream in one more day, had it not been found when it was. Maybe that's what the perp wanted--for everything to wash away.

Location hidden

#102642 Aug 22, 2012
In doing some research into a possible connection between the Karen Swift and Holly Bobo cases, I came across something else I had not seen before. If you go to this link, you can see an aerial photo of Karen Swift's home. I was struck by how much it looks like an aerial of the Bobo home!

http://cruci34.angelfire.com/swifthouse1.jpg

Ironically, the road that runs in front of her house is Willie Johnson Rd., and there is a wooded area right behind the house!
Alibi

Germany

#102643 Aug 22, 2012
JER29 wrote:
Robert Bruce?
Ryan Burton
romegares

United States

#102644 Aug 22, 2012
Its my understanding that terry britt is borderline mentally retarded. So HE would need ALOT of help to make a person vanish like holly has.

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#102646 Aug 22, 2012
ND2 the amber alert changed the plans of the perp. Holly was too old for an alert to be issued but 1 was issued anyway. This got LE involved much sooner. If perp was heading north and heard the alert on a scanner they may have tossed some evidence then changed directions. With all of the searches that were done originally how many looked south towards Scotts Hill and on to the river?
Plick

Dickson, TN

#102647 Aug 22, 2012
JER29 wrote:
ND2 the amber alert changed the plans of the perp. Holly was too old for an alert to be issued but 1 was issued anyway. This got LE involved much sooner. If perp was heading north and heard the alert on a scanner they may have tossed some evidence then changed directions. With all of the searches that were done originally how many looked south towards Scotts Hill and on to the river?
Jer maybe you are on to something! WTH is funny,nuts and clueless about this? Would you like to tell us or are you just gonna keep throwing the little icons? Speak up and give an opinion! The first searches were close to home right? Now they are NOT!

Since: Nov 11

Toronto, Canada

#102648 Aug 22, 2012
JER29 wrote:
MTOIO that was the same account I heard referring to JB. The other report was ZA was in a fight about drugs, received scratches and the other person confirmed his story.
Yes and I remember the ZA account as well - wasn't that a poster from Lexington as well?

Central KY

#102649 Aug 22, 2012
Plick thats just my fan club letting me know they are still here. They dont comment but voice their approval with icons. At some point the searches have to expand however they are still very local. MTOIO I dont remember where the poster was from. I do remember LE checked out the story and the alibi covered it at that time. Where does Clint mention that perp had either dark or black hair?

Central KY

#102650 Aug 22, 2012
Alibi there were 2 Ryan Burtons listed in the area. 1 lives on 5 forks road and the other address is Lex. TN, which 1 did you have in mind?
Plick

Dickson, TN

#102651 Aug 22, 2012
JER29 wrote:
Plick thats just my fan club letting me know they are still here. They dont comment but voice their approval with icons. At some point the searches have to expand however they are still very local. MTOIO I dont remember where the poster was from. I do remember LE checked out the story and the alibi covered it at that time. Where does Clint mention that perp had either dark or black hair?
Jer I know it is your fan club!:) I know they are still searching local but wasn't the first volunteer searches done real close to Holly's home? I maybe wrong about this but seems like I remember hearing they were searching within a 10 miles radius of the home.
I don't remember hearing Clint say anything about black hair I just remember hearing that in here. Has anybody seen an interview where Clint said the perp had dark or black hair?

Toronto, Canada

#102652 Aug 22, 2012
Clint didn't mention it as far I know but someone posted that the perp did a few weeks ago

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#102653 Aug 22, 2012
Friday Aug. 3rd Page 4919 Post 101506
_WayToGo_ wrote:
I don't know if many follow the #HollyBobo hashtag on Twitter, but I noticed today that "Black hair" has been added to the description of the perp (same height/weight as been reported before). Is this a new detail or has this been reported before and I missed it? If you want to see this detail from the tweets from @NewsonHollyBobo twitter account. I can't copy and paste the tweet to bring here for everyone to see, but maybe someone else can. JMO

Toronto, Canada

#102654 Aug 22, 2012
Alright LW you always seem to come up with these. Good work!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#102655 Aug 22, 2012
mytakeonit ontario wrote:
Alright LW you always seem to come up with these. Good work!
YW!

“Swallow a lie but digest truth”

Paris, TN

#102656 Aug 22, 2012
JER29 wrote:
Absynthe Zach is back 8/4 from serving 90 days?
Hey jer29 I don't know him. I looked up his facebook and if it's the same one on aug 4 it said he was back but I guess he could have went in after that. I was just asking. Maybe it was a wrong za. It said he worked as a meter reader and the description said whatever needs to be done. It might not be the same one and he could have went to jail after. I was asking because of what I read when was he supposed to have started his serving time. Make sense? Sorry.

“Swallow a lie but digest truth”

Paris, TN

#102657 Aug 22, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
The story from the Jackson Sun Journal was archived but we do have a copy of it in the Topix share file in the Topix Missing Base List under Tab 10-8 Time Line Jackson Sun.
Google Doc Topix share folder:
https://docs.google.com/#folders/0B6IxZvBfpNy...
Do I have to have a password? I would love to read that. thanks lies within.

Toronto, Canada

#102659 Aug 22, 2012
Mom's empty chair - beautiful story - never saw this one before.
A woman's daughter had asked the local minister to come and pray with her mother. When the minister arived , he found the woman lying in bed with her head propped up on twio pillows.
An empty chair sat beside her bed. The minister assumed that the woman had been informed of his visit."I guess you were expecting me",he said.
"No,who are you?" said the mother. The minister told her his name and then remarked,"I saw the empty chair and I figured you knew I was going to show up".
"Oh yeah,the chair," said the woman."would you mind closing the door?" Puzzled,the minister shut the door."I have never told anyone this,not even my daughter" said the woman."But all of my life I have never known how to pray. At church I used to hear the pastor talk about prayer,but it went right over my head.I abandoned any attempt at prayer" the old woman continued,until one day four years ago,my best friend said to me,prayer is just a simple matter of having a conversation with Jesus.Here is what I suggest.
"Sit down in a chair,place an empty chair in front of you,and in faith see Jesus on the chair. It's not spooky because he promised,"I will be with you always. Then just speak to him in the same way you're doing with me right now. So I tried it and I've liked it so much that I do it a couple of times each day.I'm careful though, if my daughter saw me talking to an empty chair she'd either have a nervous breakdown or send me off to the funny farm" The minister was deeply moved by the story and encouraged the old woman to continue on the journey. Then he prayed with her,anointed her with oil and returned to the church.
Two nights later the daughter called and said her mama had died that afternoon.
"Did she die in peace?" he asked.
yes when I left the house about two o'clock,she called me over to her bedside,told me she loved me and kissed me on the cheek.When I got back from the store an hour later,I found her,but there was something strange about her passing.Apparently just before Mom died,she leaned over and rested her head on the chair beside the bed.What do you make of that?"
The minister wiped a tear from his eye and said"I wish we could all go like that"
I asked God for water he gave me an ocean.
I asked God for a flower,he gave me a garden"

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#102660 Aug 22, 2012
Elizabeth Smart to visit West TN: Kidnapping victim to join Bobo family at Scotts Hill event

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120822/NE...

awesome!!!!!
Beachgirl17

United States

#102661 Aug 22, 2012
mytakeonit ontario wrote:
Mom's empty chair - beautiful story - never saw this one before.
A woman's daughter had asked the local minister to come and pray with her mother. When the minister arived , he found the woman lying in bed with her head propped up on twio pillows.
An empty chair sat beside her bed. The minister assumed that the woman had been informed of his visit."I guess you were expecting me",he said.
"No,who are you?" said the mother. The minister told her his name and then remarked,"I saw the empty chair and I figured you knew I was going to show uz
p".
"Oh yeah,the chair," said the woman."would you mind closing the door?" Puzzled,the minister shut the door."I have never told anyone this,not even my daughter" said the woman."But all of my life I have never known how to pray. At church I used to hear the pastor talk about prayer,but it went right over my head.I abandoned any attempt at prayer" the old woman continued,until one day four years ago,my best friend said to me,prayer is just a simple matter of having a conversation with Jesus.Here is what I suggest.
"Sit down in a chair,place an empty chair in front of you,and in faith see Jesus on the chair. It's not spooky because he promised,"I will be with you always. Then just speak to him in the same way you're doing with me right now. So I tried it and I've liked it so much that I do it a couple of times each day.I'm careful though, if my daughter saw me talking to an empty chair she'd either have a nervous breakdown or send me off to the funny farm" The minister was deeply moved by the story and encouraged the old woman to continue on the journey. Then he prayed with her,anointed her with oil and returned to the church.
Two nights later the daughter called and said her mama had died that afternoon.
"Did she die in peace?" he asked.
yes when I left the house about two o'clock,she called me over to her bedside,told me she loved me and kissed me on the cheek.When I got back from the store an hour later,I found her,but there was something strange about her passing.Apparently just before Mom died,she leaned over and rested her head on the chair beside the bed.What do you make of that?"
The minister wiped a tear from his eye and said"I wish we could all go like that"
I asked God for water he gave me an ocean.
I asked God for a flower,he gave me a garden"
that was beautiful
Beachgirl17

United States

#102662 Aug 22, 2012
Does anyone think this is odd, if you google Holly's name nothing shows up. Usually something like a address or other info but nothing..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sherry Morgan, use to be Bibbs 39 min Come get it 3
Usery construction 52 min Truthisbest 21
Massage 2 hr Curious 1
Mike Little Leroy Somer 3 hr Who_Knew_2 2
Flirting 4 hr sad girlfriend 13
Sarah Bennion 6 hr Cruel 4
Good holes are hard to find 6 hr Biology 6

Darden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance