Police: Boy May Have Been Lying On Tr...

Police: Boy May Have Been Lying On Tracks Prior To Trolley Acci...

There are 263 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Jun 2, 2008, titled Police: Boy May Have Been Lying On Tracks Prior To Trolley Acci.... In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

A boy was found dead near SEPTA trolley tracks in Delaware County over the weekend, and police said he may have been lying on the tracks when a trolley struck him late Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Tara

Wilmington, DE

#1 Jun 2, 2008
This is really sad and tragic!! I wasn't there and do not know what happened but the kid should have known better then to lay on train tracks.
Old timer

Allentown, PA

#2 Jun 2, 2008
May have been a suicide.
Patrick

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jun 2, 2008
This is very tragic but maybe he was already dead before the trolley hit him. I guess we will all have to wait to see the results of the autopsy.

A very sad time for the family. Please say a prayer for them.
Devon

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Jun 2, 2008
rip
Voice of Reason

Plainfield, NJ

#5 Jun 2, 2008
Suicide, drugs, alcohol? How very sad.
WOLF

Glendora, NJ

#6 Jun 2, 2008
if my 14 year old CHILD was out at 11:30 pm, I would be looking for him.
Know It All

West Chester, PA

#7 Jun 2, 2008
My friend is a firefighter and he told me what happened. He was wither high or drunk and yes he was already on the tracks knocked out. He was with his friends but told them he had to go take a pee and soo theres the story
Tired of racism

Barrington, NJ

#9 Jun 2, 2008
This is so sad, whether drugs, alcohol, whatever was involved, like if this stuff was part of the situation it would make it better, he is still only 14yo and I can't imagine the upset his family feels right not. My thoughts and concerns go out to this family.

“Holla!!! ”

Since: Mar 08

Chitty's town

#10 Jun 2, 2008
Know it all dont know nothing...
Teepee

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Jun 2, 2008
Why was a 14 year old boy out at 11:30 p.m. anyway?
lala

United States

#12 Jun 2, 2008
well maybe if you all knew what happened, you would know that he was supposed to be staying at a friends house for the night, not just wondering the streets of drexel hill at 11:30, and it was around 11 pm. so his parents had no idea this even happened till the next day when he never came home from the friends house.
Hoffmeister

United States

#13 Jun 2, 2008
Teepee wrote:
Why was a 14 year old boy out at 11:30 p.m. anyway?
I say the same.I do realize that kids get out of the home without the parents knowing.I was one that did the same.Not many times I did that.Never was caught by my parents.Now,years later,I see so many out past curfew.Only a few here and there,now and then when I was young.2-3-4 am I am awaked at nights,mostly when school is out for the summer,by teens.Vulnerable to harm when drunk and/or drugged.There are several teens living near me,don't go to school,get up 12-1pm,up till 2-5am,then repeat the next day and so on.
Ryan

Havertown, PA

#14 Jun 3, 2008
Sad thing, i was actually at the bowling alley right behind where it happened, horrible scene....the truth is that in this area, i have seen many underage teens drunk, walking the streets at night. all, you can clearly tell are drunk. I have one question, where are the cops at while there are kids staggering around and obviously drunk?
Peg

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jun 3, 2008
It's pathetic that anyone would add to this family's pain with their judgmental speculation. Feeling high & mighty? The boy was on his way to his friend's - he had just left another group of friends. I *heard* that he was attacked with a baseball bat. "An autopsy revealed he died from blunt-force trauma to the head and body. He was FOUND at 11pm - he didn't leave his house that late. Shame on Chitwood for speculating about possible substance abuse... There's no place for rumor-generating speculation when a family is grieving. What difference does it make to them now?

My heart goes out to the Fish family.
Nicole

Pleasanton, CA

#16 Jun 3, 2008
I would just like to say that nobody knows what really happened the night he was killed. I'm sure his own parents aren't really sure. So for(Tara,Wolf)learn your facts before you start running your mouth on information that isn't even out YET!!! As for KNOW IT ALL... The firefighters wouldn't have known if the boy was high or drunk. Obvisouly he really doesn't know if your saying the firefighter told you he was wither HIGH or DRUNK!!! It's one or the other!! So before YOU speak get your facts STRAIGHT!!!!
Wow

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Jun 3, 2008
Peg wrote:
It's pathetic that anyone would add to this family's pain with their judgmental speculation. Feeling high & mighty? The boy was on his way to his friend's - he had just left another group of friends. I *heard* that he was attacked with a baseball bat. "An autopsy revealed he died from blunt-force trauma to the head and body. He was FOUND at 11pm - he didn't leave his house that late. Shame on Chitwood for speculating about possible substance abuse... There's no place for rumor-generating speculation when a family is grieving. What difference does it make to them now?
My heart goes out to the Fish family.
The "blunt force trauma" you mention couldn't have been from the train hitting him, could it?

People that get all sensitive about people being insensitive, shouldn't go onto internet forums to read what people have to say. Its a public forum, not a family/friends grieving place.
brandi

Lansdowne, PA

#18 Jun 3, 2008
how r these ppl talking about someone they dunt even kno!? yu dunt kno kyle fish so yu hav no reason to say things about drugs or alcohol! it was either he had been attaked and pushed onto the tracks or it was a big accident! if yur to say anything yu should say wishes of happiness and telling the family to be stringer at this time!
brandi

Lansdowne, PA

#19 Jun 3, 2008
oooops stronger i meant
Hoffmeister

United States

#20 Jun 3, 2008
Ryan wrote:
Sad thing, i was actually at the bowling alley right behind where it happened, horrible scene....the truth is that in this area, i have seen many underage teens drunk, walking the streets at night. all, you can clearly tell are drunk. I have one question, where are the cops at while there are kids staggering around and obviously drunk?
I too see teens about way past curfew.Not to defend police,but when patrolling,teens easily,quickly hide out of sight.In critizing police,I also have seenevery summer,a patrol car pass 8-17 year olds past curfew and never stop to question or take them to the station or a citation given.Not every youth can be seen and stopped but it may have made a differnce to any teen in the future to cite them at least when past curfew,or whenever acting intoxicated at any time.Also put some blame on parents.
Gangstaboi

Miami, FL

#21 Jun 3, 2008
all you are pathetic the kid died from being hit from a baseball bat this is an outrage saying he was on drugs my prayers go out to you fish i miss you bro your never gonna be forgotten i love you<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Looking for Witnesses in Fatal Accident ... (May '12) Jul 1 DavenportIsAnAsshole 7
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Glenolden, PA (May '12) Jun '15 jeph 2
News Old soldiers prepare for a fading away (Jun '08) Jun '15 Harry Faustino C... 2
Parking ticket scam? (Mar '12) Jun '15 who cares 8
News Upper Darby schools to Wolf: We need help Jun '15 taxspendcry 2
Dancing with the Upper Darby Stars coming this ... Apr '15 B Sweeney 1
News Upper Darby and the charter school questions Apr '15 Anonymous 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Darby Mortgages