Though skies are sunny, thousands of ...

Though skies are sunny, thousands of homes without power

There are 4 comments on the Philly.com story from Jun 26, 2010, titled Though skies are sunny, thousands of homes without power. In it, Philly.com reports that:

Though skies are sunny today, thousands of homes and businesses remain without electricity as utility company crews work to repair the outages left over from a strong storm on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

Hoffmeister

United States

#1 Jun 26, 2010
I was lucky.No storm damage. I got some water in my basement,and the rain run-off drain outside my home was clogged with debris. My patio roof (which I built) still standing. Thats what I fouond when I got home. I was walking along Garret rd. when it hit,I got pelted with those hail projectiles,the size of marbles,really hurt,I got drenched,found shelter in Barcaly Square apt building,a door opened I guess by the force of wind,so I grabbed it before it shut again. The management ther was kind enough to let me stay till the hail stopped. I was near that tree by the apt.building across from Bonner,it came down shortly after. No power loss at my home. None of my trees came down. I feel for those who lost more.
Hoffmeister

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2010
I had no power loss,only some water in my basement,patio roof still intact. I was walking along Garret rd. when it came down. Those marble sized hailstones were hurting,left welts on me. I found shelter at Barcaly square apts. The office door blew open,thinking it was a secure door needing a key to enter,I went in till the hail stopped. The mangement was kind enough to let me stay till it was over. I was lucky to have almost no loss. I feel for those who have.
Gio

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jun 27, 2010
[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.co m/albums/a206/Gio7707/cid_187. jpg[/IMG]

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/Gio770...
Hoffmeister

United States

#4 Jun 30, 2010
I understand that a catorgory 1 tornado,is when the gailforcw winds reach 75mph. I read that the winds reached 76mph. 6-26-10 newspaper,an article where Mayor Micozzie and twon admisistraive office,Tom Judge, sais that they recieved confirmation that the damaging storm,was not a tornado. As I was headed east on Garret rd,those clouds where forming a funnel like shape. Probably did'nt totally form as a funnel tornado,I still consider it a tornado,funnel clouds or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Looking for Witnesses in Fatal Accident ... (May '12) Wed DavenportIsAnAsshole 7
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Glenolden, PA (May '12) Jun 29 jeph 2
News Police: Boy May Have Been Lying On Tracks Prior... (Jun '08) Jun 25 Trachel 263
News Old soldiers prepare for a fading away (Jun '08) Jun 19 Harry Faustino C... 2
Parking ticket scam? (Mar '12) Jun 17 who cares 8
News Upper Darby schools to Wolf: We need help Jun 11 taxspendcry 2
Dancing with the Upper Darby Stars coming this ... Apr '15 B Sweeney 1
More from around the web

Darby People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Darby Mortgages