Residents outraged after deputy fatally shoots dog

Nov 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Alabama Live

Residents told Fox 10 News they are outraged after a Baldwin County sheriff's deputy fatally shot a neighborhood dog.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated May 8, 2013
Bill William

Atmore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

If I was the owner of that dog... I would have killed that cop! Dogs are family members. I have worked in law enforcement and rogue ass cops are known for fabricating THEIR (the cops) side of the story.
MISSOURIGAL

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

shame on you fairhope alabama sheriffs i hope you get sued bigtime!!!!!!!!!! justice for maddie now!!!!!!!!!! we want the officer fired and charged with animal cruelty and animal abuse and murder 1 we want the officer to spend the rest of his life in prison!!!!!!!!!! without parole!!!!!!!!!!
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

The only good dog is a dead dog.
snip snip

Gulf Shores, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Give Me a Break wrote:
The only good dog is a dead dog.
Tell that to a police dog.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

A dog killing dog killer is the exception, especially when they kill a Pit Bull. I love K-9 cops.
Abt

Hillsborough, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Give Me a Break wrote:
A dog killing dog killer is the exception, especially when they kill a Pit Bull. I love K-9 cops.
You are a survivor of a botched abortion.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Abt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a survivor of a botched abortion.
And you are a very lonely person if the only thing you can find to love is a dog.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

What's "The rest of the storey" ? Why was the officer called out in the first place? Did this dog have a history of getting loose and the owners let it happen over and over? Did it show aggressive behavior that the neighbors felt scared to be in their yards? Any owner that thinks their "little baby" is going to stay in their yard when they are away shouldn't be allowed to have a dog in the first place. Dogs know no boundries. Lets have a follow up storey with why the officer was there as there are details missing.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

A dog can maul a human and nothing is said but, if a policeman shoots a dog, all Hell breaks loose.
Abt

Princeton Junction, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Give Me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a very lonely person if the only thing you can find to love is a dog.
You fail at logic rather miserably.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Abt wrote:
<quoted text>
You fail at logic rather miserably.
You're Abt to be a lonely heart who has problems developing a meaningful relationship with a human and has to resort to petting an animal as a substitute.
roundabout

Florence, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

i have no use for cops killing dogs someone told me once watch how someone treats an animal that's how he will treat a human being just look how cops treat prisioners its really sick and sad
paul

Florence, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

theres not a dimes difference between a cop and a criminal

Since: May 13

Daphne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

ThomasA wrote:
What's "The rest of the storey" ? Why was the officer called out in the first place? Did this dog have a history of getting loose and the owners let it happen over and over? Did it show aggressive behavior that the neighbors felt scared to be in their yards? Any owner that thinks their "little baby" is going to stay in their yard when they are away shouldn't be allowed to have a dog in the first place. Dogs know no boundries. Lets have a follow up storey with why the officer was there as there are details missing.
The sound of reason. Thank you Thomas.

I haven't looked up an article yet, so I'd be curious to know what the details are.

I doubt very seriously the deputy was just rolling around a back county road and decided to pull over and kill a dog. Folks, use your heads.

All of you rushing to judgment sound like a bunch of obama supporters. That's the same thing our President has done more times than I care to count at this point. Example, see the D.C. beer summit, Benghazi, and most recently with the Boston Bombing.

Daphne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Bill William wrote:
If I was the owner of that dog... I would have killed that cop! Dogs are family members. I have worked in law enforcement and rogue ass cops are known for fabricating THEIR (the cops) side of the story.
Bill, please provide proof of your APOSTC class graduation date, academy location, 1.5 mile time, number of sit ups and push ups completed, law exam score for title 13a, and city, county, or state served. We'll test the veracity of your statements. Claiming you are the warden or patrolman for your front yard doesn't exactly meet the state's requirements for a peace officer. And we'd also like an explanation of why you aren't in law enforcement now. I'm guessing it isn't because you're working on post doctoral research.

Daphne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

From the channel 15 article.

In a written statement, the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office said they received a call from a neighbor on the other side of the fence from where the dog lived. The caller said there was “a large Pit Bull running at large and acting aggressively” and claimed it had tried to bite him.

The responding deputy said when he got there, he observed the dog “running up and down the roadway acting aggressively toward the complainant.” The deputy said he went to the dog owner’s home. When he exited his vehicle, the deputy claims the “dog charged” and he “shot the animal in an attempt to stop the attack.

CASE CLOSED. The deputy did his job. I hope he didnt have to use too much ammo. Homeland security has bought so much ammo he may not be able to reload.
J-Masters

Daphne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

All of you need to get a life the dog is dead. The cop did his job. I agree with jayelliott.
humanity

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

The deputy said he went to the dog owner’s home. When he exited his vehicle, the deputy claims the “dog charged” and he “shot the animal in an attempt to stop the attack.
Why couldn't he have just gotten back inside his cop car,since he was on the owner's property? Yes the dog could have been charging at the officer because he was a trespasser OR Certain breeds of dog are accused of aggression,when they are just playful. I have a large dog, and he comes running hard toward people and other animals just to play.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Daphne Discussions

Search the Daphne Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Mobile, AL 9 hr Wyatt 2
Men have a right and a role in the abortion iss... Aug 13 Here Is One 55
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Aug 11 Time WillTtell 205
Bad Child Care (Jun '08) Aug 8 Thinkbeforeyouspeak 22
snooty ass white people (Jan '13) Aug 6 YuckyDuck 16
Dentist in Mobile Offers Free Cosmetic Consulta... (Jun '11) Aug 5 margaretwilcox 6
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 23 Give Him a Brain 84
•••
•••
•••
Daphne Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Daphne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••