Restaurant Scorecard: "Caught Off Guard"

Restaurant Scorecard: "Caught Off Guard"

There are 28 comments on the NBC 15 Online story from Jan 26, 2010, titled Restaurant Scorecard: "Caught Off Guard". In it, NBC 15 Online reports that:

January 21st----Every Thursday we tell you what food inspectors find in local commercial kitchens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 15 Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#1 Jan 26, 2010
Unfortunately, we never hear about the Health Department giving a poor grade to food service establishments when their help use the same cloth to wipe-off the table-tops as they use for wiping the seats at the tables and boothes. This is a very unsanitary act and one that I observe being done in lots of restaurants. How come I notice this and the Health Department Examiners fail to notice it? I think that the Health Department ahould send around some examiners to see some of the poor sanitary practices that go on routinely in the customer area just like they do in the kitchen area.
Saloth Sar

Mobile, AL

#2 Jan 27, 2010
O.K., I'll bite.
What is so unsanitary about wiping the seat and the table with the same cloth?
The seat was sat on by someone wearing pants and hopefully underwear giving two cloth layers of insulation between skin and seat.
The table top is exposed to bare hands that came from the restroom unwashed which equates to a penis being on the table.
The more I type the more I think you are right. I don't want to sit on a seat that has been wiped with the same cloth that was wiped across a bare-handed penis touched table cloth. Yuck!!! Now my the seat of my pants have penis on them...!!!!
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#3 Jan 27, 2010
Saloth Sar wrote:
O.K., I'll bite.
What is so unsanitary about wiping the seat and the table with the same cloth?
The seat was sat on by someone wearing pants and hopefully underwear giving two cloth layers of insulation between skin and seat.
The table top is exposed to bare hands that came from the restroom unwashed which equates to a penis being on the table.
The more I type the more I think you are right. I don't want to sit on a seat that has been wiped with the same cloth that was wiped across a bare-handed penis touched table cloth. Yuck!!! Now my the seat of my pants have penis on them...!!!!
Sounds like you are one of the hicks that constantly walks past me while I am washing my hands before leaving the restroom. Get some hygenic manners and you will have eliminated one of the problems you stated. The Health Department should put signs in the restrooms that read: "Everyone must wash their hands and not just employees". Ever think about the family who has a little child wearing a spoiled diaper sitting on the seat? I guess this doesn't bother someone who does not wash their hands before leaving the restroom but it bothers me when I see the waitstaff wipe that seat when the family leaves and then use the same cloth to wipe the table where someone's food and eating utinsils are about to be placed. Obviously no one is going to convince a slob like you to change their unsanitary habits but, hopefully, the Health Department can have some influence on food service employees.
Good Girl

Memphis, TN

#4 Feb 14, 2010
I wish that is all I had to worry about!! Get a life!
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#5 Feb 14, 2010
Good Girl wrote:
I wish that is all I had to worry about!! Get a life!
Obviously "Good Girl" is one of those table-cleaners who can't bear the thought of carrying around two wash cloths or is the mother of a diapered baby who can't stand to face the facts that ecoli on the table and the seat is as dangerous as ecoli in the kitchen.
Good Girl

Bay Minette, AL

#6 Feb 15, 2010
Give me a Break, I am not a table-cleaner. You know I am right!LOL!!! Get a life!!!
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#7 Feb 15, 2010
Good Girl wrote:
Give me a Break, I am not a table-cleaner. You know I am right!LOL!!! Get a life!!!
Right about what?--Poor hygene?
Yourself

Foley, AL

#8 Feb 16, 2010
Well the best thing to do is, bring your own towel and clean it yourself. Cause you really don't know if that " table wiping cloth " was drop on the floor behind the counters before you came in. Or better yet, stay at home and wipe your own table.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#9 Feb 16, 2010
Yourself wrote:
Well the best thing to do is, bring your own towel and clean it yourself. Cause you really don't know if that " table wiping cloth " was drop on the floor behind the counters before you came in. Or better yet, stay at home and wipe your own table.
It's amazing how many of you are against good hygene protocols. It would cost you nothing if restaurants did what I propose and yet you prefer that they didn't. I noticed that Chic Filet table cleaners carry two cloths--one for the seats and one for the tables. Apparently they and I know something that the rest of you don't. Oh, and be sure not to wash your hands upon leaving the restrooms since the sign only states that employees must wash their hands before leaving. I guess that means that everyone else'es hands are automatically cleaned without washing them. It's always amazing to me how dirty slobs like to go out of their way to justify their filthy habits. These are the same people who clean and wax their SUV daily but haven't cleaned their house in a year.
Saloth Sar

Mobile, AL

#10 Feb 17, 2010
I just wish I could quit laughing about this...
You just need to stay home. I've encountered folks like this in the past. They suffer from OCD or OCS, one is worse than the other I think.
Is your sock drawer alphabetized?
Do you get out of the shower to urinate?
These are questions I saw on a form to determine if you have either of these. You might want to check.
Still laughing...
Good Girl

Memphis, TN

#11 Feb 19, 2010
Saloth Sar, I am laughing with you!
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#12 Feb 19, 2010
It looks like Mobile and Spanish Fort restaurants should take the wash basins out of all there restaurants since the posters on this thread obviously don't feel that they serve any purpose.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#13 Feb 19, 2010
Biggest complaint...People that clean Restaurant bath rooms use the same towels/sponges to clean urinals and than wipe the bath room door handles off,I have seen this many times.I open the door with the paper towel I washed my hands with and turn around and throw it in the garbage before the door closes,only problem you have to be a good shot to hit the garbage.
Good Girl

United States

#14 Feb 20, 2010
You people should live in a bubble!
FastFred

Foley, AL

#15 Feb 20, 2010
Good Girl wrote:
You people should live in a bubble!
Yes and you filthy people that don't wash your hands after using the restroom would be eliminated from the earth!
Saloth Sar

Mobile, AL

#16 Feb 20, 2010
FastFred and Give me a Break, you guys just keep on washing your hands and Good Girl and I will keep on NOT pissing on our hands...
FastFred

Foley, AL

#17 Feb 20, 2010
Saloth Sar wrote:
FastFred and Give me a Break, you guys just keep on washing your hands and Good Girl and I will keep on NOT pissing on our hands...
From your reply and post's on this subject I suspect you are the kind of person that drinks urine!!!
Good Girl

United States

#18 Feb 20, 2010
Ok, how do you know that the waitress at Chic Filet knows which towel is used for the chair? Maybe its for the table! Are the towels color coded? LOL!!!
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#19 Feb 20, 2010
What Saloth Sar and Good Girl fail to realize is that every public restroom in the Country has wash basins, soap dispensers, paper towel dispensers and/or hot air hand dryers and that they are not there for decoration but, they are there to be used. Although Saloth Sar and Good Girl don't care, they should at least know by now that when they walk out of the toilet stall and immediately exit the restroom without washing their hands, that everyone else who is at the wash basins and is washing their hands is saying to themselves what a low life these people are. Like someone once said: You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#20 Feb 20, 2010
Good Girl wrote:
Ok, how do you know that the waitress at Chic Filet knows which towel is used for the chair? Maybe its for the table! Are the towels color coded? LOL!!!
Yes, they are color coated--at least at the Chic Filet that I observed in Foley, Alabama. One was white and the other was blue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daphne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Before school care for Daphne Elem (Aug '16) Sun brandi 2
News DTV information for area residents (Aug '09) Aug 13 Tom 10
Missing person Apr '17 drop that duce 3
News Baldwin County sees growth tension spill into p... Mar '17 ThomasA 2
Ginger (Sep '16) Nov '16 Maggie Simpson 3
News What you're saying: Jimmy Buffett concert postp... (Jun '10) Aug '16 Harry Peters 2
News Ted Cruz says he's not watching Democratic deba... (Dec '15) Feb '16 lactose intolerant 10

Daphne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Daphne Mortgages