Can U Think of 5 Reasons Why Obama Should be Re-elected?
Posted in the Daphne Forum
#1 Jun 22, 2011
Well, can you?
Since: Nov 10
#2 Aug 21, 2011
I can tell you a million reasons he shouldn't even be allowed to run for another election!!!!!!!
“A Reasoned Conviction”
Since: Aug 08
Here was There
#3 Aug 23, 2011
I can think of hundreds of reasons why he should not be reelected, but people who like to rule over others by creating "boards" which disallow dissent and deny paying members the right to vote will vote for Obama.
If you haven't read Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, here's a good review ... http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alin... ...
Here's a short list of why Obama should NOT be reelected: http://mjhawkeye.blogspot.com/2011/04/50-reas...
#4 Aug 25, 2011
1. To keep the Republicans out
2, To keep the Tea Party out
3. To save some part of my Social Security from the evil Republicans
4. To save some part of my Medicare fromthe evil Republicans
5. To keep from returning to the social and economic conditions that prevailed in this country in the very early 1900's.
#5 Mar 17, 2012
Look, obviously no President is going to be perfect. We can sit here and squander about who's right and who's wrong. The point remains that Obama has done a lot for the American government and her people. I didn't like Obama when he was elected, but he's done more good than bad and my opinion has changed. I do not look at him with rose-colored lenses, but his policies, demeanor and acts have served the U.S. a great amount of respectability with our citizens and the international community.
I have hundreds of reasons I'd like to see another term from this President.
In the meantime, let's chew the fat and mull over this list of Obama's achievements to date:
- Shrunk the federal deficit by 8% a year
- Made $20bil in budget cuts
- Cut salaries of senior White House aides
- Has eliminated high subsidies to Medicare Advantage plans
- Cut prescription drug costs for Medicare recipients by 50% and closed loopholes
- Began modernization process of US military with cyber defense and improved battle technologies
- Cut the United States' and Russia's nuclear stockpiles
- Outlined a new federal drug control policy
- Created the Consumer Protection Bureau
- Cancelled the contract for new Presidential helicopters
- Ordered a review of mandatory minimum sentencing
- Increased pay and benefits for military personell
- Ended stop-loss policies that kept our troops in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment dates
- Provided benefits for members of deceased soldiers' families
- Caught more Taliban leaders in on month than Bush/Cheney did in six years
- Has deported more illegal immigrants than Bush/Cheney or any other President
- Deployed more drones to secure our borders
- Saved the Auto industry (something a Rep. president would've let go)
- Signed an executive order to close unfair tax loopholes
- Tax breaks that promote public transit
- Gave tax breaks to small businesses
- Tax refunds up 10% due to stimulus
- Tax bills are lowest since 1950
- Executive order to follow the standards of the Freedom of Information Act
- Has instigated transparency and accountability policies for federal agencies
- Provided a website to give citizens a look inside of government spending, policies, etc.
- Initiated accountability measures for much of the medical industry (requires health plans to disclose how much of the premiums go to patient care)
- Banned lobbyists gifts to executive employees
- Imposed limits of lobbyist and aides working for lobbyists access to the White House
- Created a national declassification center
- Grew the manufacturing sector by the most since 2004
- US GDP is up by 3.2% in the FQ, consumer spending showed the biggest rise in 3 years/consumer confidence highest in 2 years
- Wind power growth up by 39% due to stimulus (an area the US is severely lacking in!)
- US jail populations declining for the first time in decades
- New home sales saw the biggest jump in 47 years
- Removed restrictions and provided support for embryonic stem-cell research and new biomed research (essential to curing most known diseases!)
- Patient Protection & Affordable Car Act/Health Care & Education Reconcilation Act
- Required large employers to contribute to national health plans
- Prevented CHILDREN from being refused health ins. coverage
- Increased drug regulations on drug manufacturing
- Has streamlined, minimized and modernized sections of govt. to save $$
- Shown a serious interest in sustainable technologies (solar, wind, hydro) and has set out to provide nearly 5 million charging stations by 2015
- Has been the first President to create a detailed vision for a clean energy economy
Search the web & use reputable sources--no blogs. After you get out of the opinion cloud, you'll start to read that what he's doing is actually right on par with what SHOULD be done. Again, no man or system is perfect, but there is a level at which I'm willing to be comfortable with. Good night folks
#6 Mar 18, 2012
Can't think of one, Seņor.
#7 Mar 25, 2012
I personally can't think of any reasons, but if you love big government I'm sure you can. The facts are clear that Barry has no respect for the constitution. What ever happened to personnel resposibility? To many citizens look to big brother to help. This is the problem. You should be resposible for your self and your family and give to the poor not the lazy. The government has created a welfare state in which citizens feel that they are entitled to a free hand out. Get a job! It's hard enough taking care of your own much less every lazy individual. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is given by God almighty not some community organizer from Chicago. If you can find five good reasons to vote for Barry then you deserve what you get. What is sad is that you don't understand what you are sacrificing. If you haven't figured it out, it's your freedom.
Add your comments below
|Rev. Richard Schmidt decries failed Baldwin tax...||1 hr||Iamangttia||4|
|Pastor Fruh: God Flooded World Over Gay Marriage (Jul '12)||Thu||The Ace of Spades||196|
|New all you can eat crab leg, crawfish, shrimp,...||May 17||Clovis ecrevise||5|
|It's geaux time! Louisiana-based Rouses Markets... (Feb '14)||May 17||linda gates||8|
|Christmas tree recycling||May 14||JOHN||3|
|Debate: Marijuana - Daphne, AL (Sep '10)||Apr 28||__Bazaar||27|
|Baldwin County voters turn down proposed new ta...||Apr '15||Iamangttia||5|
Find what you want!
Search Daphne Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC