Amazed

Stafford, VA

#1 Sep 5, 2012
I am so upset, 2 places of have been to just flat out that told me THEY DON'T RENT TO BLACK PEOPLE. this is a disgrace, how can they get away with this. 1 is in Henry County the other is in Pittsylvania county. I want to do this " LEGALLY " in court. I called the state people, I went to the state people, no luck. you think since we got a black man in Washington as president people would not do this but they do...right out in the open. I think maybe I need a newspaper or media person, can someone please help me by posting here who I should call, thank you.
Ness

Danville, VA

#2 Sep 11, 2012
That's the county for you. I'm surprised they were outright racist to your face. Trust me, you've dodged a bullet because I've experienced it for years growing up through county schools (in Pittsylvania County). Consider it a blessing and look for a place where you'll be accepted.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#3 Sep 28, 2012
Amazed wrote:
I am so upset, 2 places of have been to just flat out that told me THEY DON'T RENT TO BLACK PEOPLE. this is a disgrace, how can they get away with this. 1 is in Henry County the other is in Pittsylvania county. I want to do this " LEGALLY " in court. I called the state people, I went to the state people, no luck. you think since we got a black man in Washington as president people would not do this but they do...right out in the open. I think maybe I need a newspaper or media person, can someone please help me by posting here who I should call, thank you.
well you have to look at it this way if you had a place to rent out would you rent it to a black guy befor you would a white guy hummmmmmmmmm ok it is the way it is be happy
jon

Spartanburg, SC

#5 Dec 1, 2012
Um yeah...no landlord is this stupid because of the fair housing act.....and an instant lawsuit....

Money does not discriminate either and landlords see green,whether the tenant is black or white...it interestingly enough why black and white republican and democrat "elite"get along just swell.

Daryl

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Dec 4, 2012
Amazed wrote:
I am so upset, 2 places of have been to just flat out that told me THEY DON'T RENT TO BLACK PEOPLE. this is a disgrace, how can they get away with this. 1 is in Henry County the other is in Pittsylvania county. I want to do this " LEGALLY " in court. I called the state people, I went to the state people, no luck. you think since we got a black man in Washington as president people would not do this but they do...right out in the open. I think maybe I need a newspaper or media person, can someone please help me by posting here who I should call, thank you.
I don't believe your story. Print his name and yours if yours have proof. If not STFU.
Hawk

Roanoke, VA

#7 Dec 5, 2012
You mean to tell Me Martin did all of that civil rights movement fighting for Blacks to be equal for nothing? No something can be done if you really wanted to do something about it
Lonely gal

Penn Laird, VA

#8 Dec 6, 2012
jon wrote:
Um yeah...no landlord is this stupid because of the fair housing act.....and an instant lawsuit....
Money does not discriminate either and landlords see green,whether the tenant is black or white...it interestingly enough why black and white republican and democrat "elite"get along just swell.


Actually they can descrimate as long and only as long as the only thing they have telling its for rent is word of mouth or a sign in the yard... If it is posted in newspaper or piedmont shopper then no they cannot descriminate under fair housing laws but if its not in newspaper or piedmont shopper or something like that they can flat out tell you they won't rent to you because you are black white tan blue purple or pink
Harry

United States

#11 Feb 28, 2013
I haven't lived in Danville long but I have noticed the racism here. Its ridiculous. I am a white man and its a shame people still see color. When we all get to heaven (if your saved by the grace of God) that's one place racism will not exist. My advice is this...stop living in the 50's and treat all people with respect.
APC

Rogers, AR

#12 Mar 4, 2013
Looking at how the OP talked about a "Black Man" as President , I would say this person is racist as well . Lol . Unreal . That is the kettle calling the pot....never mind
Truth Teller

La Grange, IL

#13 Jul 11, 2013
Landlords have basically no rights! What's next? Are you going to sue, if someone doesn't date you, because they prefer Asian women? I find it funny, how blacks don't want to live with blacks, but then get mad when an owner who's not black, doesn't want to live with blacks! Try being honest with yourself, it does help!
guest

United States

#16 Jul 23, 2013
I'm black and I don't rent my properties to black people either!
Marino

Miami, FL

#17 Jul 28, 2013
Just evicted some from my house, turns out they pushed my car that I had in storage in the garage and sold it to street thugs, true story, not even worth getting cops involved, yeah I want them to be homeless,,,
pat

Willard, OH

#18 Oct 27, 2013
APC wrote:
Looking at how the OP talked about a "Black Man" as President , I would say this person is racist as well . Lol . Unreal . That is the kettle calling the pot....never mind
the president is it really black Wake Up America !
pat

Willard, OH

#19 Oct 27, 2013
APC wrote:
Looking at how the OP talked about a "Black Man" as President , I would say this person is racist as well . Lol . Unreal . That is the kettle calling the pot....never mind
the president is not really black he's white Wake Up America
for real

Ocala, FL

#20 Nov 21, 2013
guest wrote:
I'm black and I don't rent my properties to black people either!
Yeah man I am white and I won't rent to blacks and it's not because I'm racist it's because they don't take care of their shit more often than not. Every time I've rented to one they don't pay rent, trash my place and bring trouble to the neigborhood. I mean if you just drive through black neighborhoods you will see trash and bars on the windows and what the fuck am I supposed to think? It's really a shame because I'd like to rent to everyone. I also don't rent to people with messed up teeth, a shabby appearance, messy cars, if they use ebonics when they talk to me etc etc... I actually like renting to latinos. They pay the rent on time, fix issues with the house that they create and are just peaceful good people in general for the most part.
Landlord Dallas

Fort Worth, TX

#21 Mar 12, 2014
for real wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah man I am white and I won't rent to blacks and it's not because I'm racist it's because they don't take care of their shit more often than not. Every time I've rented to one they don't pay rent, trash my place and bring trouble to the neigborhood. I mean if you just drive through black neighborhoods you will see trash and bars on the windows and what the fuck am I supposed to think? It's really a shame because I'd like to rent to everyone. I also don't rent to people with messed up teeth, a shabby appearance, messy cars, if they use ebonics when they talk to me etc etc... I actually like renting to latinos. They pay the rent on time, fix issues with the house that they create and are just peaceful good people in general for the most part.
I couldn't agree more! I've rented to blacks on numerous occasions and sadly they behave like normal tenants maybe 10% of the time. The other 90% of the time they don't pay rent, squat in the property and trash it to hell. The cost of renting to blacks is simply too high to take the risk. It's a shame for the 10% of blacks that handle their business that the other 90% ruins it for them. But yeah, renting to blacks is a losing proportion so I simply won't do it anymore.

Latinos (immigrant) make awesome tenants. They pay their rent and take care of the property. Everyone wins. That's my idea of good business =)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need gay advice 20 hr Advocate 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
tyrone barksdale Aug 17 whoa 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug '14 Time Flys 2,546
Dollar Mart (Jul '11) Jul '14 Clarence 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Danville, VA (Aug '10) Jul '14 Dennis Loftis 23
why did she lie Jul '14 thinking 1
•••
•••
•••

Danville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Danville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Danville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Danville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••