Drunken-driving charge follows fatal ...

Drunken-driving charge follows fatal Knox County 1-car crash | ...

There are 7 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 15, 2009, titled Drunken-driving charge follows fatal Knox County 1-car crash | .... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The driver of a car involved in a fatal accident yesterday in Knox County has been charged with drunken driving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

ColsMan

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 15, 2009
You would think sane adults would know better....check these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I lost my sister to a drunk driver in '82 who hit her head-on going left of center. HE lived. She was 22.
Duncan

Columbus, OH

#2 Nov 15, 2009
The driver needs to do time, and ponder what might not have happened if the alcohol was not present.
Hit em hard Judge, stop this abuse, and send a message like you try to do in most cases!
Duncan
UNKNOWN

Bellefontaine, OH

#3 Nov 15, 2009
i know the person who was driving. she was a nice lady. i am best friends with her son, i think that all the people were equally at fault, i also know Angie heldenbrand, she used to baby sit me as a child, i love her like an aunt, but i dont think it is only the drivers fault. the passangers might not have been injured if they would have just been wore there seat belts. THEY WERE ALL DRUNK!!!! not just drivers fault
Not_So_Fast

Lima, OH

#4 Nov 15, 2009
UNKNOWN wrote:
i know the person who was driving. she was a nice lady. i am best friends with her son, i think that all the people were equally at fault, i also know Angie heldenbrand, she used to baby sit me as a child, i love her like an aunt, but i dont think it is only the drivers fault. the passangers might not have been injured if they would have just been wore there seat belts. THEY WERE ALL DRUNK!!!! not just drivers fault
Whether or not she's a nice person does not change the fact that SHE, as the driver, is responsible for everyone in the car. If she was drunk, she should be punished.
Johio

Columbus, OH

#5 Nov 15, 2009
UNKNOWN wrote:
Nice or not, the driver is responsible for the operation of the vehicle. It doesn't matter if the passengers were drunk and not wearing seat belts. The driver bears full responsibility.
dallas

United States

#6 Nov 15, 2009
They all are responsible for themselves, but the driver was the one behind the wheel. Whether she is nice or not doesn't change what happened. What she did doesn't make her a bad person - just a very irresponsible one. She killed a person. She knew when she was sober and took the first drink that she would be driving later.
Mick Heldenbrand

Columbus, OH

#7 Dec 10, 2009
the real tragedy in this whole thing is our 3 wonderfull daughters LOST there mother,there mom there best friend. and angie will never get to see our kids get married or love on them or hold our grand kids. thats the real tragedy in this whole thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danville police officer found dead, suspect in ... Jan '16 politico insider 4
News Sheriff: Ohio police officer found dead; suspec... Jan '16 They cannot kill ... 1
camper (May '15) May '15 who cares 1
News Ohio teacher accused of placing spy camera in k... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Le Jimbo 9
News Prosecutor: Ex-teacher secretly taped students ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Judgment Day 7
James Hogan (Nov '08) Sep '14 Curious As A Cat 4
News Loudonville teen accused of murder pleads not g... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OMG7636 1

Danville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Danville Mortgages