Report due on judge's alleged naps

An independent attorney investigating allegations that Rockingham County Superior Court Judge Patricia Coffey dozed on the bench is expected to publish conclusions and recommendations within a week. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ruth

Havensville, KS

#1 Jun 5, 2006
She also fell asleep at a Trail we attended. I was worried that they would call the trial a mistrial. She slept through a lot of it. We I was giving my Victim statement I kept stoping till she woke up and told me to continue.
Melissa Spinner

Hampton, NH

#2 Jun 5, 2006
Ruth wrote:
She also fell asleep at a Trail we attended. I was worried that they would call the trial a mistrial. She slept through a lot of it. We I was giving my Victim statement I kept stoping till she woke up and told me to continue.
Please Call the Portsmouth Herald and tell this to Beth Dinan, or contact me and I will have her contact you.
mrsspinner1335@yahoo.com
Melissa Spinner

Hampton, NH

#3 Jun 5, 2006
This picture is worth a thousand words... How classic is this?
Coffey drinking Coffee on the bench....
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! !!
Almost peed my pants.
Juror

Marlborough, CT

#4 Jul 2, 2006
Well Melissa, justice has been served once again! Judge Coffey is still sitting on the bench. I told you she wasn't sleeping. You were grasping at straws trying to get your husband a new trial. Are you finally going to give up?
Rachel

Newmarket, NH

#5 Jul 3, 2006
Juror wrote:
Well Melissa, justice has been served once again! Judge Coffey is still sitting on the bench. I told you she wasn't sleeping. You were grasping at straws trying to get your husband a new trial. Are you finally going to give up?
who ever this juror is you must have been sleeping also.... I believe Melissa because I was in her court room and saw the same thing. So whoever you are you can kiss by butt......... You must have sucked has a juror because you must not have been paying attention either so you are right up there on my list with the judge who sucks
Rachel

Newmarket, NH

#6 Jul 3, 2006
Juror wrote:
I hope some day you will be in the hot seat and see what happens to you with the sleeping judge.
so what now

Exeter, NH

#7 Jul 5, 2006
Juror wrote:
Are you going to say that she slept with her eye's open? All done stick a fork in it.
so what now

Exeter, NH

#8 Jul 5, 2006
rachel from EPPING,NH...melissa from EPPING,NH
i see a pattern here
justice served you lose
Juror

Marlborough, CT

#9 Jul 5, 2006
Rachel wrote:
<quoted text>
who ever this juror is you must have been sleeping also.... I believe Melissa because I was in her court room and saw the same thing. So whoever you are you can kiss by butt......... You must have sucked has a juror because you must not have been paying attention either so you are right up there on my list with the judge who sucks
I beg to differ with you on this one. Oh, I payed attention. We, the jury, took this very seriously. I didn't even sleep those nights I was on this trial because of all the sick things I heard Don did to that sweet little girl. She went through hell. There was no way she could have made up the stuff he did to her. He made her use sex toys that none of the jury ever even knew existed.
Rachel

Chouteau, OK

#10 Jul 5, 2006
Juror wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ with you on this one. Oh, I payed attention. We, the jury, took this very seriously. I didn't even sleep those nights I was on this trial because of all the sick things I heard Don did to that sweet little girl. She went through hell. There was no way she could have made up the stuff he did to her. He made her use sex toys that none of the jury ever even knew existed.
Okay for one I have nothing to do with the Spinner case... I was on a different case not even close to the Spinner case. And the judge slept threw this case. I'm not even related to this person that was on trial I am a friend. You have your opinion and I have mine I know what was going on in this court room you don't. SO HAS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED YOU CAN BITE ME>>
so what now

Exeter, NH

#11 Jul 5, 2006
Rachel wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay for one I have nothing to do with the Spinner case... I was on a different case not even close to the Spinner case. And the judge slept threw this case. I'm not even related to this person that was on trial I am a friend. You have your opinion and I have mine I know what was going on in this court room you don't. SO HAS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED YOU CAN BITE ME>>
so here it is, she says: "I'm not even related to this person that was on trial I AM A FRIEND."
YOU LOSE AGAIN
Rachel

Chouteau, OK

#12 Jul 5, 2006
so what now wrote:
<quoted text>
so here it is, she says: "I'm not even related to this person that was on trial I AM A FRIEND."
YOU LOSE AGAIN
What are you talking about????? I really have no idea why I am even responding to this for. But it just makes me mad that I am telling the truth,(which you would have no idea if I am or not) But I really don't care if you do or don't I know what happened.. If you must know it is my daughters boyfriend who made a mistake and now is paying dearly for it,.(yes he deserved some time for what he did but not the time he got) or for his judge to catnap during his trial. And just to let you know it had nothing to do with any kind of violence. or any sexual conduct,. not that makes a difference.
Juror

Marlborough, CT

#13 Jul 5, 2006
Rachel wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about????? I really have no idea why I am even responding to this for. But it just makes me mad that I am telling the truth,(which you would have no idea if I am or not) But I really don't care if you do or don't I know what happened.. If you must know it is my daughters boyfriend who made a mistake and now is paying dearly for it,.(yes he deserved some time for what he did but not the time he got) or for his judge to catnap during his trial. And just to let you know it had nothing to do with any kind of violence. or any sexual conduct,. not that makes a difference.
Yes, inappropriate sexual conduct with anyone, especially a child makes a world of difference. It is right up there with murder.
Rachel

Chouteau, OK

#14 Jul 5, 2006
more reason for the judge to keep her eyes open AT ALL TIMES. You know we can go round and round with this, you are not going to get me to change my mind on this judge, she was nodding off and that is all there is to it. you can think what you want about me the judge melissa spinner but you know there are all these different case's and we all saw the same thing, I have no idea what you were doing during the case you were a juror at. Maybe you were to busy looking at everything else and not the judge (I am not disagreeing with you that yes you had to pay attention to what was being said) but lets face it you can't look at everything all at the same time. so maybe when you were looking at something else that is when the judge was nodding off (don't you think that is possible?) I'm sorry but I believe Mrs. Spinner and everyone else. I have nothing to win or lose by saying any of this. So why would I make this up? I don't even know Melissa Spinner, or the Rev, or the state rep.(for which why would she make up something like this?) or do you think she is lying too?
Mrs Donald Spinner

Hampton, NH

#15 Jul 6, 2006
What is everyone so worked up for? Why does everyone think the Judge is not being punished?
Did any of you actually read the articles printed?

The articles state, the Judge can either take it to trial like a criminal or she can take an informal resolution which could mean monitoring her court room for a year.

The papers also said that the JCC found that it wasnt really a case of her falling asleep rather fighting to stay awake.

You guys are all jumping the gun.
Beside even if the JCC did nothing to the judge, which is clearly not the case the sleeping issue is not why we are asking for a new trial.
Sooooo Dont sleep with both eyes closed just yet.
Mrs Donald Spinner

Hampton, NH

#16 Jul 6, 2006
so what now wrote:
rachel from EPPING,NH...melissa from EPPING,NH
i see a pattern here
justice served you lose
Ha hahaha I think Rachel will agree with me that you have lost your mind. Your a straight out wacko.
Your post are actually funny.
Amusing how mad you get. How involved you are.
Thanks for a good laugh.
:)
Mrs Donald Spinner

Hampton, NH

#17 Jul 6, 2006
Juror wrote:
<quoted text>
Your such a loser...Your also full of shit.
Jury poll shows that not one of you took this seriously.
I hope you get hit by a truck and die.
Mrs Donald Spinner

Hampton, NH

#18 Jul 6, 2006
so what now wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to say that she slept with her eye's open? All done stick a fork in it.
Hearing for a new trial hasn't been cancled ..
Actually the JCC has nothing to do with him getting a new trial.
The JCC hears about 300 cases a year and never do a god damn thing. This time I forced them to do something.
Are you all sleeping?
Just the fact that Coffey was found to have been fighting to "stay awake" is really really bad for her.
Just sit back and relax and watch it all unfold, you will all see what I mean.
Your all jumping to uneducated conclusions.
I suggest to any Jurors who continue to post on here that you stop.
Are new attorney has hired a private investigator and this is not over, so I will use any and all post from this website to our advantage. Any thing you say can and will be used against you.
Mrs Donald Spinner

Hampton, NH

#19 Jul 6, 2006
BRENTWOOD -- An investigation into numerous allegations that Superior Court Judge Patricia Coffey dozed while presiding over multiple cases has concluded, according to Judicial Conduct Committee Executive Secretary Anthony McManus.

The judge is expected to decide whether she wants to fight charges during a formal hearing, or come to an agreement and possibly have her courtroom monitored for a year, said McManus.

Coffey is being represented by Manchester attorney Mark Abramson, said McManus, and is currently negotiating with a "special committee" assembled to study the napping allegations because Coffey is a member of the JCC. The JCC spokesman said the committee has reviewed the findings of "outside counsel," Manchester lawyer Bill Glahn.

"The question now is whether the committee will go ahead with a formal hearing, or an informal resolution," said McManus.

A formal hearing would be like a trial, during which charges would be brought against the local judge and Glahn would present evidence to back the charges, said McManus. The informal resolution option, he said, would mean Coffey, Glahn and the JCC subcommittee would reach an agreement "with regard to what actually happened." If Coffey and the subcommittee choose the resolution option, said McManus, the committee "would set conditions for the next year," which could include monitoring Coffey's courtroom.

"No final decision has been made," said McManus. "The parties are going back and forth."

Allegations that Coffey catnapped in her courtroom surfaced when Dover's Melissa Spinner made public a poll of jurors who found her husband Donald guilty on six counts of sexual assault against a minor. Two of the seven jurors quoted in the poll reported Coffey slept during his trial.

Others have also reported Coffey slept on the bench, including Jeffrey Carano of Epping, the Rev. Jeff Rudolph from Portsmouth's Bethel Assembly of God and State Rep. Harriet Cady.

McManus said he expects a decision within 10 days.
Mrs Donald Spinner

Hampton, NH

#20 Jul 6, 2006
Read the article and stop jumping to conclusions!

No matter how you look at it, Coffey loses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seabrook police hope cruiser cameras help 'win ... Aug 18 Brookaforlife 1
neighbors unkept yard Aug '14 john 1
badwolf @ the racks tavern rt 125 Aug '14 Anonymous 1
Wanda Cote (Aug '13) Jul '14 DSmith 6
Review: Golf Course Lawns Jul '14 Joseph develis 1
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Jun '14 bozo 298
Three NH students named Presidential Scholars Jun '14 CALHIGH 1
•••

Danville News Video

•••