Comments
1 - 20 of 149 Comments Last updated Apr 28, 2014
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“I am the Lizard King”

Since: Dec 08

Richmond, Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 13, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

It seems no matter how hard i try i always get turned down by women. I know its becaue of my appearance and they're just shallow and stuck and dont ake the time to get to know me. Can any of you women out there explain to me why?
Gossip Queen

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

Exactly what do you get "turned down" for? Are you sure it isnt your approach not your appearance? I dated a couple of FUGLY guys back in the day because their approach was fantastic. Ok so I didnt marry any of them, but I did date them.....let's just say the approach was better than the landing....

“I am the Lizard King”

Since: Dec 08

Richmond, Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 14, 2009
 
I dont come on desperate or anything, i just try to be myself. I guess its just my personality but i cant change that. I have a sense of humor that it takes a while to get used to and until that they have to go by my appearance.
Quiet

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 14, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

"Great white 76" quit trying so hard and just enjoy life. It is true that there are stuck up women out there but there are also some pretty good ones too. The right one will come along. Remember, that beauty does fade but whats inside usually stays the same (good or bad) My suggestion is this, avoid the really pretty ones because they usually have a pride problem. Many of them realize that they are pretty and they love attention from many guys. It usually takes a kid or two with a hot guy, rich guy that treats them bad before they start looking deeper into a mans heart.

“I am the Lizard King”

Since: Dec 08

Richmond, Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 14, 2009
 
Thanks for the advice but i usually dont go for the really pretty ones
curious

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 14, 2009
 
Great White 76 wrote:
I dont come on desperate or anything, i just try to be myself. I guess its just my personality but i cant change that. I have a sense of humor that it takes a while to get used to and until that they have to go by my appearance.
Tell me, what do you look like? What makes you think your appearance isn't pleasing to females? And your sense of humor takes a while to get used to. Is it a positive sense of humor? I mean, what makes you say it takes a while to get used to? Maybe you're just not liking yourself, or not confident enough with yourself to maintain a relationship. what do you think.

“I am the Lizard King”

Since: Dec 08

Richmond, Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 14, 2009
 
Well i guess ur right in most of what you said. I do have a positive sense of humor but it takesa while to get used to cause most of the time people dont know when im being serious or joking around. I've never really liked myself much cause of my size which causes me to lose my confidence. Not that im obese or anything just tall and a little bit overweight.
curious

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 14, 2009
 
Sex appeal is in the eyes of the beholder. But, you are 'sexy' when you feel good about yourself, no matter your size or weight. Most women think tall is good. Many of us love holding onto some meat. Dont sell yourself short. If you like you, so will others. Also, if people can't tell if you're kidding or not, you need to work on being more direct so someone you might care about will get to know You. Don't be afraid to let others know who you are or how you feel. If you are so wishy washy, that is just part of your lacking confidence. I'll bet you are handsome and just don't know it yet.
The Truth

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 14, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

maybe you should find a girl as equally as unattractive as you? they need loving too ya know.
Joe

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 23, 2009
 

Judged:

7

3

1

Great White King 76,

I think the best solution for you would be to take a vacation to a non-westernized country (like Russia, Colombia, Brazil, Thailand, etc) and meet up with the women there. I face the same problem in the US. Don't listen to the cliched "stop trying so hard" or "the right one will come along." I've been told the same things by people who say these, and they were useless. As you don't act desperate, if you tried any less hard, the result would be the same: zero. And I can't imagine you're looking for "that one special someone," so you should date foreign women. However, if you are looking for that special someone, then I recommend you tie the knot with someone who's foreign-born, foreign-raised. You just have to remember to be yourself, keep on your guard, and use proper manners and hygiene. For the best results, try learning some of their local culture, or even language. You might not get the language completely right, but it will make them more likely to be interested in you, and they will appreciate the fact that you care about her culture. Dating in America is a lose-lose situation unless you're rich, famous, wannabe-"gangsta", a desperate pick-up artist, or a complete douchebag. That said, when you can't win the game, change the game, and go foreign.
jason

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 25, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

dude the best u can do is be urself. everything takes time. and it's always the one woman u least expect that will be the one u fall for. i've been seperated since october and my divorce was final in feburary. never go for anything less than what you want. everybody deserves the best in a relationship. it dont' matter what n e body else thinks about rather the girl is pretty or not it's all in the eyes of the beholder. i've dated a cpl of girls since i've been divorced they were sweet girls just not what i was lookin for. everything just takes time.
yea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 26, 2009
 

Judged:

1

The Truth wrote:
maybe you should find a girl as equally as unattractive as you? they need loving too ya know.
your right because we can all tell in his pic thats hes far from good lookin!!
And You Are Brad Pitt

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 26, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

Hmm....I don't see your picture anywhere there yea. Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly (like your comment) goes all the way to the bone.
lou lou

Kingman, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 29, 2009
 

Judged:

2

Just think about what attracts you to a lady.
ALL the girlies like a nice, clean, good smellin man that knows what to say.(and not be fake)
Its all in paying attention. If you see someone you would like to maybe date, get to know them and what they like, be their friend. Just be nice!! We ladies love a truley nice guy. On the other hand...my husband was so shy in High School..If I didn't ask him out we would have never talked...and we have been married for 10 yrs!!!(im 31) So you never know, she could ask you!!! Good Luck in the love department..It dosen't get any easier...but its worth it!!
Joe

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 1, 2009
 

Judged:

5

1

Great White 76 wrote:
Thanks for the advice but i usually dont go for the really pretty ones
I've been in this situation before. The problem with America is that the population is male-dominated, and a whopping percentage of Americans (including women) are overweight or obese. That said, non-obese women (whether they be attractive or not particularly attractive) know that they are in high demand and low supply, allowing them to be picky about who they date (or marry). And because the population is male-dominated, they know that there will always be a replacement. This also allows them to make bad decisions when dating someone, which is evident in their choices for dating: yuppies, frat boys, wannabe-"gangsta" white trash, idiot pick-up artists, "bad boys," criminals, complete douchebags are their favorites. That said, if you actually care about other people, have real backbone, don't buy into commercialism, and are personality-wise, it will get you the same place it got me: NOWHERE.

I've also been reading other peoples' posts, and I've been seeing a lot of cliches, such as "you're trying too hard," "you're doing it wrong," or "the right one will come along." I've been told all of these things, and each one proved to be useless

Problems with cliches:

"You're trying too hard":

If I were to try any less hard, I'd have the same result: ZERO. No dates, no game.

"You're doing it wrong":

While people say this, haven't you noticed that no one bothers mentioning what you're doing wrong. Everyone is told to be themselves and not act desperate, but aren't told that it's a lose-lose situation unless you're an asshole.

"The right one will come along":

That statement is useless, as you probably aren't looking for "the one," but for women to date. Although, if you are looking for "the one," I recommend you look in a non-westernized country (Like Russia, Colombia, the Philippines, etc.).

"Be yourself" and "Just be nice"

This got you somewhere a generation or two ago, but it gets you nowhere today (in the US, at least). American women are just so incredibly shallow, they don't care about this anymore, although they pretend to when confronted by the media. All of the American women who aren't like this are most likely already married, and therefore off-limits to single men looking for a date (or more). However, this cliche DOES work well when applied to dating in a non-westernized nation.

"You should go for someone equally as unattractive as you":

This statement is NO HELP AT ALL to anyone who hears it. Pairing people up on the basis of looks is a concept as shallow as the more-attractive American women who rejected you (and there's a good chance they're the main people who use this cliche). Every good man deserves someone who has both looks and personality (as looks aren't forever). However, in the US, good men get neither. In fact, this cliche was the cue in my life to look at opportunities outside the country. I highly recommend you do so too.

Our situations will continue to be lose-lose unless American women decide to change their attitudes. That said, it looks foreign women is THE BEST SOLUTION. However, the choice is up to you. Good luck!

OMG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 2, 2009
 
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been in this situation before. The problem with America is that the population is male-dominated, and a whopping percentage of Americans (including women) are overweight or obese. That said, non-obese women (whether they be attractive or not particularly attractive) know that they are in high demand and low supply, allowing them to be picky about who they date (or marry). And because the population is male-dominated, they know that there will always be a replacement. This also allows them to make bad decisions when dating someone, which is evident in their choices for dating: yuppies, frat boys, wannabe-"gangsta" white trash, idiot pick-up artists, "bad boys," criminals, complete douchebags are their favorites. That said, if you actually care about other people, have real backbone, don't buy into commercialism, and are personality-wise, it will get you the same place it got me: NOWHERE.
I've also been reading other peoples' posts, and I've been seeing a lot of cliches, such as "you're trying too hard," "you're doing it wrong," or "the right one will come along." I've been told all of these things, and each one proved to be useless
Problems with cliches:
"You're trying too hard":
If I were to try any less hard, I'd have the same result: ZERO. No dates, no game.
"You're doing it wrong":
While people say this, haven't you noticed that no one bothers mentioning what you're doing wrong. Everyone is told to be themselves and not act desperate, but aren't told that it's a lose-lose situation unless you're an asshole.
"The right one will come along":
That statement is useless, as you probably aren't looking for "the one," but for women to date. Although, if you are looking for "the one," I recommend you look in a non-westernized country (Like Russia, Colombia, the Philippines, etc.).
"Be yourself" and "Just be nice"
This got you somewhere a generation or two ago, but it gets you nowhere today (in the US, at least). American women are just so incredibly shallow, they don't care about this anymore, although they pretend to when confronted by the media. All of the American women who aren't like this are most likely already married, and therefore off-limits to single men looking for a date (or more). However, this cliche DOES work well when applied to dating in a non-westernized nation.
"You should go for someone equally as unattractive as you":
This statement is NO HELP AT ALL to anyone who hears it. Pairing people up on the basis of looks is a concept as shallow as the more-attractive American women who rejected you (and there's a good chance they're the main people who use this cliche). Every good man deserves someone who has both looks and personality (as looks aren't forever). However, in the US, good men get neither. In fact, this cliche was the cue in my life to look at opportunities outside the country. I highly recommend you do so too.
Our situations will continue to be lose-lose unless American women decide to change their attitudes. That said, it looks foreign women is THE BEST SOLUTION. However, the choice is up to you. Good luck!
write a book or sumthin lol
Hannah

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 2, 2009
 

Judged:

1

That was hilarious!
Joe

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 3, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
write a book or sumthin lol
I want to. But the problem is that the radical feminists would probably file a lawsuit against me, or accuse of some crime I did not commit (as women have systematic entitlements and favoritism in the legal system). Even though my actions would be legal, they'd probably lobby for some new laws to make writing ANYTHING that criticizes American women ILLEGAL. And now that "feminism" is getting entangled with politics, they've got the US constitution by the balls.
Mook

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

They’re stuck up and turn their nose up at men because they think they are "all that", think they are so hot and think anyone and everyone will like them. To tell ya the truth those women are the loneliest women because most people don't want anything to do with those women because they are the total snobs, airheads, think they are the greatest thing on earth and think they can always get the richest, tallest, douchebag jerkoffs around. These are the GOLDDIGGERS!!! Yes even in 2009 there are still GOLDDIGGERS even though women can make their OWN DAMN MONEY.
These are the women that were the high school chicks that always thought they were better than anyone else, probably on the cheerleading team, slept with most of the football jocks or at least wanted to sleep with the football jocks then never got over herself after high school and also never got over high school. These are the women that always live in the past and still live as if they were still in high school, always wants to be in that high school clique even though high school was like 20 yrs ago.
Also these women are the "daddy’s girls" and always got whatever they wanted from their "daddy", always have to have their daddies approval for everything, and have never learned how to live on their own two feet or how to wipe their own ass. Daddy always has to be right there!!! Ughhhh do you really want this type of women. Sure would make me run so fast from these immature, water cooler, snot nose brats.
Bill Dundee

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 19, 2009
 
Um, it might say Great White.....but the pic is Robert Plant and Jimmy Page.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Danville Forum right now

Search the Danville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min Demonicrats 149,697
New Boyle school entrance 48 min parent 43
New girl at Donnelleys 53 min Wheat for Breakfast 1
a brighter choice 1 hr Old nurse 5
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,588
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,226
Shirley Hulderman Store Manager at K-Mart (Jul '09) 2 hr Cordelle Jackson 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Danville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Danville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Danville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Danville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••