berry plastics a good place to work?

Posted in the Danville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
question

United States

#1 Jan 6, 2011
Wondering if berry plastics was a good place to work?
I think

Cynthiana, KY

#2 Jan 6, 2011
Hard work, but pay is decent
yea

Richmond, KY

#3 Jan 6, 2011
if the same people are running the place when pliant was there look out anybody that worked there knows what i am talking about
hmmm

Mount Morris, MI

#4 Jan 6, 2011
How much do they pay an hour?
berry worker

Danville, KY

#7 Jan 7, 2011
good place to work starts 17.46 per hour. only the people that couldn't deal with working and minding their own business lose their job talk bad about it. company is doing well
I think

Cynthiana, KY

#8 Jan 7, 2011
They do drug tests. Also often start people out as temps to see how good a worker they are. Pays not too good if you're a temp, but it is a way to get your foot in the door.
crazzy

Cynthiana, KY

#9 Jan 7, 2011
i work there, company is getting ready to close down one building, an lay offs r right around the corner. but to say the company is doing good, is not true at all. berry plastics will give u ur pink slip in a heart beat, just look them up on line, they have done it to every compy they have bought out.
crazzy

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2011
dont matter who they get rid of, the place is going down hill a little to late now. pink slips r coming
OH HELL NO

London, KY

#13 Jan 9, 2011
Let me tell you something House Cleaner, you must be one of the low life's out there that likes to run your damn mouth about shit you know nothing about. I am kin to Sharon and if you have something to say about her be a man and grab your nuts and say it to her face, but your not a man. People like you are chicken shit, you have to get on here and run people down instead of talking to that person. I personally know a lot that's going on at Berry Plastics from other relatives that work their. No, the bonus was not good, but it damn sure beats nothing! You must be one of those people that sit on your ass and want a hand out instead of getting off your ass and working. They have better insurance then alot of places and things could be alot worse but your to damn ignorant to know that. Talk about a bonus, when Pliant was the only money making facility out of all the other plants you all still didn't get your bonus because they were trying to keep the other plants afloat but we both know they shut them down because they were union. Union didn't do them any good now did it? If you really work there maybe you should put as much effort in to doing your job as you do running your mouth. Also, my husband works there and I know a hell of alot more then you could ever believe. Plus you must not be to damn smart, your post can be traced back to your server and Berry can find out who you are so maybe you need to keep your mough shut if you want to keep your job.
berry girly

Danville, KY

#14 Jan 9, 2011
when they try and trace something back to someone's computer it will tell them who the internet provider is unless they are doing it from a network at an office or place of business that of which can for sure be traced to the specific person. so yes if you are on topix on a pc at berry plastics you will be found out.however if you are posting from a smart phone or a home pc or something not related to a network in house then you will not be found out. i know because my boss fired one girl for being on line so much.they can pinpoint you right out but regular people on home pc's or phones, no.they cannot
crazzy

United States

#15 Jan 9, 2011
OH HELL NO wrote:
Let me tell you something House Cleaner, you must be one of the low life's out there that likes to run your damn mouth about shit you know nothing about. I am kin to Sharon and if you have something to say about her be a man and grab your nuts and say it to her face, but your not a man. People like you are chicken shit, you have to get on here and run people down instead of talking to that person. I personally know a lot that's going on at Berry Plastics from other relatives that work their. No, the bonus was not good, but it damn sure beats nothing! You must be one of those people that sit on your ass and want a hand out instead of getting off your ass and working. They have better insurance then alot of places and things could be alot worse but your to damn ignorant to know that. Talk about a bonus, when Pliant was the only money making facility out of all the other plants you all still didn't get your bonus because they were trying to keep the other plants afloat but we both know they shut them down because they were union. Union didn't do them any good now did it? If you really work there maybe you should put as much effort in to doing your job as you do running your mouth. Also, my husband works there and I know a hell of alot more then you could ever believe. Plus you must not be to damn smart, your post can be traced back to your server and Berry can find out who you are so maybe you need to keep your mough shut if you want to keep your job.

first of all u dont even work there lets get that straight, so what u hear is just hear say, an we all no about that its never true. i do work there an the place is going down hill an if we r lucky we might have r jobs till summer. an as far as the insurance goes omg it realy suks so idk what one u have but its not any good at all, an if u call a $50.00 bonus good well u r wrong. an people can say anything they want on here if u dont like it dont read it. what is said on here has nothing to do with anything but whats on peoples mind good or bad. think u need to tell ur hubby to start looking for a new job because pink slips r coming.
berry happi

Danville, KY

#16 Jan 9, 2011
House Cleaner wrote:
If Jeff Tridapoe would get rid of K.Smith, Sharon J. and Jeff M. it would be such a great place to work. Until then they will continue to go downhill.
leave sharon alone she nice woman and berry is not closing you all are crazed
nice

Danville, KY

#18 Jan 10, 2011
if you dont have anything nice to say about this place dont say a thing
crazzy

Georgetown, KY

#20 Jan 10, 2011
At work now wrote:
Rumor has it that theres gonna be a big lay-off real soon.

u r so right, i just got off work there, lay off at the end of the mt
:)

United States

#21 Jan 10, 2011
Great place nice people GREAT tippers he'll yeah go berry plastics
Acon

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Aug 1, 2011
To get far there you have to either take a Dick or give it. Piss contests are daily. And there is better management at a lemonade stand.
first hand

Vernon Hills, IL

#23 Aug 19, 2011
berry worker wrote:
good place to work starts 17.46 per hour. only the people that couldn't deal with working and minding their own business lose their job talk bad about it. company is doing well
you really dont no what your talking about, if you worked there them words wouldnt be coming out of your mouth, the men on the floor no the truth
eubank dude here

Danville, KY

#24 Jan 17, 2012
i start workin there thursday on day shift for nesco 8 an hr how long do nesco ppl stay???
Wondering

Lexington, KY

#25 Jan 18, 2012
All of this talk on here from the past few days about people like Jeff T. obvioiusly isn't from anyone who knows anything about Berry Plastics in Danville, KY. Jeff T. resigned a couple of weeks ago. The best thing for Danville would be for corporate to hire someone from outside of the Danville facility. There are to many "Good Old Boys" in the plant. In the past few years, they have hired a few people that were not family or close personal friends and those people have made positive changes. Then when other people feel threatened, the new guys have been let go. And the same old dumbass people have been kept right there. As long as you are a "Yes Man" or a major "Kiss Ass, you will be just fine there.
riveroftears

Pikeville, KY

#26 Jan 18, 2012
If you go to work, put in an honest 12 hours of work a day and Berry pays you on pay day, then both parties have full filled their obligation to the other. Bunch of damn cry babies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chris pope 2 hr Biscuit N Gravy 16
Jimmy Jons 7 hr astro 12
whos hiring in danville? 9 hr Help 1
Bruce Jenner 9 hr THE UNIT 10
nude hiking 14 hr naked man 51
Dale isaacs 18 hr Someone 5
Danville DCBS 18 hr Give Me A F------... 11
More from around the web

Danville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE