Fire at R.R. Donnelley
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What is going on

Danville, KY

#1 Jan 9, 2010
Anyone hear about the fire at R.R. Donnelley? Fire trucks out there right now. Just wondering what happened, if anyone is hurt or ANYTHING?? I know a few that work there and this is their shift!
Beeboo

Danville, KY

#2 Jan 9, 2010
Seeing how it's about 10 degrees out there I'd say it's just a fire drill.
What is going on

Danville, KY

#3 Jan 9, 2010
Nope, just talked to someone that works there...said something about a fire in roll storage or something like that. I guess it wasn't a very big deal, they've already sent everybody back in to work :)
That place is so crazy, it wouldn't have surprised me if it had been a fire drill beeboo, that wouldn't have been the most stupid thing that place has done, lmao!
In the know

Warrenville, IL

#4 Jan 9, 2010
What is going on wrote:
Nope, just talked to someone that works there...said something about a fire in roll storage or something like that. I guess it wasn't a very big deal, they've already sent everybody back in to work :)
That place is so crazy, it wouldn't have surprised me if it had been a fire drill beeboo, that wouldn't have been the most stupid thing that place has done, lmao!
It was not a fire drill, it was a fire in the bailer room and it was a big one going up the wall. We are back in now and trying to start back up. So, no drill and it was cold as crap out there. You should of been here!!!!
What is going on

Danville, KY

#5 Jan 9, 2010
In the know wrote:
<quoted text> It was not a fire drill, it was a fire in the bailer room and it was a big one going up the wall. We are back in now and trying to start back up. So, no drill and it was cold as crap out there. You should of been here!!!!
Yeah, that's what it was he told me, sorry...not roll storage..bailer room :P All I knew was that there had been a fire, an evacuation, but that everything was under control and everyone had gone back to work. Yeah..I heard it was pretty freakin' cold having to stand out in the parking lot and wait to find out what was going on. I guess it was somewhat better to get to go in to the break room. No cell phones allowed in the place now..isn't that a crock? I mean, I can understand while you're on press or whatever job you do there, but not even while you're on break and in a break room? Nice how that place is so hard up to get rid of people that they will find whatever excuse they have (no matter how lame) to push people out the door.
Juju 35

Somerset, KY

#6 Jan 10, 2010
what about Sunday not being OT anymore, anybody else heard this bulls hit!!!
t6 different

Danville, KY

#7 Jan 10, 2010
What is going on wrote:
<quoted text>
No cell phones allowed in the place now..isn't that a crock? I mean, I can understand while you're on press or whatever job you do there, but not even while you're on break and in a break room?
Where do you get that cell phones aren't allowed? They're not allowed on the manufacturing floor while working, but they haven't stopped people from using them in the cafeteria or breakroom. I use mine there every day. If cell phones were banned, they'd have to take the crackberries away from all of the managers.
What is going on

Danville, KY

#8 Jan 10, 2010
t6 different wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get that cell phones aren't allowed? They're not allowed on the manufacturing floor while working, but they haven't stopped people from using them in the cafeteria or breakroom. I use mine there every day. If cell phones were banned, they'd have to take the crackberries away from all of the managers.
Haha, that's true I suppose. That's what I said when I was told that they aren't even allowed to have cell phones in the building..I was like, Ok, I'm sure that the managers and office personnel don't bring their phones in anymore..riiiiight. But I don't know, maybe the person that told me that just wanted a "good" excuse to not talk to me when they're on break :( Who knows :(
RRD Employee

Richmond, KY

#9 Jan 10, 2010
Just to clarify the rumor that Sunday will no longer be overtime is not true. What they are going to do however is for people who call in and have to work Sunday it will not be considered overtime but straight. So, lets say you was late two hours one day and you have to work that Sunday then you would have to work the first two hours as straight time then anything after that will be overtime. Personally, I have no clue why they haven't done this sooner because any other job requires that you work 40 hrs before anything can be considered overtime. Besides even if it was straight I would not Bi**h to much because it still in fact a job and from the way it looks there is not to many more jobs out there so be lucky. As far as the cell phone issue that is a load of b/s because I personally have mine on me at all times and I use it during breaks and no one has said anything to me about it and I have worked there for a while now.
East Yosemite Creeper

Lexington, KY

#10 Jan 10, 2010
Beeboo wrote:
Seeing how it's about 10 degrees out there I'd say it's just a fire drill.
Ha ha you must work there or atleast use too, because that sounds about right...
Juju 35

Somerset, KY

#11 Jan 10, 2010
Sunday is the first day of the work week, so I dont see how that would work. Seens to me they will try some shit like to say your O.T. on your last day of the week (Wen or Sat). and send you home early.
Boogie man

Mount Washington, KY

#12 Jan 10, 2010
fire bad in bailer room.
GLOCKRANGER

Danville, KY

#13 Jan 11, 2010
I have a very old RRD contract that guarantees Sunday OT.....Glad I kept that piece of paper on my orientation day.
RRD Employee

Winchester, KY

#14 Jan 11, 2010
That contract might say that is guarantees you overtime Sunday but if you are late or call in then that Sunday will not be overtime until the reg hours have been completed. To the person wondering how if Sunday is the first day of the work week than how could they. It is simple the company has control of your paycheck until the they pay you for it. So if you work Sunday then leave 2 hrs early Wednesday then before you see your check they have adjusted it so that it says that the first two hours of the Sunday time will be straight time then anything after is overtime.
J-girl

Warrenville, IL

#16 Jan 12, 2010
Has anyone noticed that the Paging on B-crew has decreased dramtically?
D-Man

Warrenville, IL

#17 Jan 12, 2010
J-girl wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the Paging on B-crew has decreased dramtically?
What, You want some one to page you?????????? Since the new people are up front, no one wants to call them and ask for any one. Sure would like to hear that 812 page!!!!!!!!! LOL
At work

Warrenville, IL

#18 Jan 12, 2010
D-Man wrote:
<quoted text> What, You want some one to page you?????????? Since the new people are up front, no one wants to call them and ask for any one. Sure would like to hear that 812 page!!!!!!!!! LOL
didn't realize that the front desk was an answer service before the change
twotwentythree

Danville, KY

#19 Jan 12, 2010
zach bullock and sam key still an item out there??
RRD Employee

Warrenville, IL

#20 May 15, 2010
Juju 35 wrote:
Sunday is the first day of the work week, so I dont see how that would work. Seens to me they will try some shit like to say your O.T. on your last day of the week (Wen or Sat). and send you home early.
Sunday is the first day of the week, so if you call in after you work on Sunday, you will NOT receive overtime for Sunday. This makes alot of since and should have been in effect for years now. Most jobs would require an employee to work 40 hours before receiving overtime pay. A new system has been updated to remove OT pay if the required hours are not worked. If you are off for an excused absence, then you will be coded different. The policy os on-line at www.rrd.com/hrxpress/hrpolicies
RRD Employee

Warrenville, IL

#21 May 15, 2010
D-Man wrote:
<quoted text> What, You want some one to page you?????????? Since the new people are up front, no one wants to call them and ask for any one. Sure would like to hear that 812 page!!!!!!!!! LOL
Well that just explains what you are saying! Since Cindy had to return to the floor, she has to work. No more calling the lines, paging 812, prank calls, etc. Employees aren't scare to call, they know now that it will not work to call and ask someone here to switch days or work their Sunday. They need to call the STUPIDVISORS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who overdosed 2 hr WoWrUStupid 15
Who Were The Three Overdoses? 3 hr Jackie 2
attention: Boyle county police department 3 hr Jackie 6
Stay At Home Mom 4 hr Truth 7
Two young girls murdered 5 hr Buun 2
Who is selling HERION? 5 hr Ppl 56
to the who*r es in Danville in the sliver conve... 6 hr enjoy 1

Danville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance