is he a good pych doctor to go to?
Info

United States

#2 Oct 7, 2010
He seems like a real nice guy.
not

Danville, KY

#3 Oct 8, 2010
yea he is great if you need some xanax he is a pill pusher drug dealer whatever the hell you want to call it he feeds his family and lives in a beautiful home off of poor people that stand out side his office from all over ky. I went cause I needed help with anxiety he didnt even really talk to me just asked why i "thought" i had anxiety then the next thing i knew he was writing out perscriptions, when he handed them to me they were anti depressants and xanax lots of xanax and a high dosage. i gave them back all i wanted was help to learn how to deal with these things not a freakin pill pusher so if you need your fix and your an addict deff go see this man.
really

Danville, KY

#4 Oct 9, 2010
not wrote:
yea he is great if you need some xanax he is a pill pusher drug dealer whatever the hell you want to call it he feeds his family and lives in a beautiful home off of poor people that stand out side his office from all over ky. I went cause I needed help with anxiety he didnt even really talk to me just asked why i "thought" i had anxiety then the next thing i knew he was writing out perscriptions, when he handed them to me they were anti depressants and xanax lots of xanax and a high dosage. i gave them back all i wanted was help to learn how to deal with these things not a freakin pill pusher so if you need your fix and your an addict deff go see this man.
I'm a patient of Dr. Allahham and he is a good doctor. If he thinks you are abusing medication(s), he will send you to get a urinalysis drug screen before he even sees you! This man doesn't just "give out drugs". You have to realize what people are there to see him for!! He is a psychiatrist!!! I've been a patient of his for 2 years and even though he started me on an anti-anxiety medication, I'm now off that and still see him and he is a GREAT doctor.
really yea right

Danville, KY

#5 Oct 9, 2010
yea right I bet he has done nothing but up your doses im not an idiot
Just me

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Oct 10, 2010
really wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a patient of Dr. Allahham and he is a good doctor. If he thinks you are abusing medication(s), he will send you to get a urinalysis drug screen before he even sees you! This man doesn't just "give out drugs". You have to realize what people are there to see him for!! He is a psychiatrist!!! I've been a patient of his for 2 years and even though he started me on an anti-anxiety medication, I'm now off that and still see him and he is a GREAT doctor.
Thanks for the positive outlook. I am going to be seeing him for the first time this month and was just making sure he was liget! I am going for anxiety issues and I hope I can be helped like you!! thanks again:)
jazzy

United States

#7 Oct 10, 2010
drug drs
get it

Danville, KY

#8 Oct 11, 2010
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the positive outlook. I am going to be seeing him for the first time this month and was just making sure he was liget! I am going for anxiety issues and I hope I can be helped like you!! thanks again:)
yeah yeah you and half of danville have an anxiety problem please all you want is some xanax just like all his patients you all are pathetic take a deep breath, and REALIZE ITS LIFE DEAL WITH IT!
facts-maybe

Mount Sterling, KY

#9 Oct 11, 2010
I know of a family doctor who said he would not send his dog to Allaham. Zieba is really good. Also, they doctors are required to give urine tests every now and then if they are prescribing a controlled substance to a patient.
wanna know

Danville, KY

#11 Oct 30, 2010
Is xanax a narcotic or what ?
dumfreak

Danville, KY

#12 Nov 5, 2010
xanax is a narcotic
local man

Macon, GA

#13 Nov 15, 2010
google yahya h. allahham and john h. allahham. visit a few sites. two names for the same dr. he is a dr. dope dealer from the middle east, gordan is his home. he needs to go back. he has been wackin' out people with his dope for ? 10yrs + or - he gives percib's and hand out's from his back room. he will have you wackin' all the way to the nut house if you let him ! i've been talking to people about his dirty-ass operation for 7/8 yrs. if i'm correct he has been sanctioned by the dea for the 2nd time within the last 5yrs. zeiba is a good dr. as far as i can tell. what ever you do be careful. doctor dope will pickell your brain. think of the cucumber, then the pickell.
Allaham No way

Danville, KY

#14 Nov 15, 2010
Dr. Allaham? No way! I am not surprised at some comments above about him.
See Dr. Williams! He is awesome, makes time to listen to you, and is very nice! I have seen Dr. Williams for a while now. Once I was stuck with seeing Dr. Allaham because Dr. Williams was not available as he was on vacation. I asked him some questions about a certain medicine I was on. He abruptly stopped it saying I did not need it because of all the questions I asked. I was like WTFFFF! I was so upset. I got to see Dr. Williams the next few days when he came back. I told him what happened. He was not pleased and put me back on the medicine. I get the creeps when I see Allaham! Dr. Williams has moved out to a different office now.
SiS

Madisonville, KY

#15 Jan 25, 2011
what kinda xzanx he give 10 or 20s
FYI

Berea, KY

#16 Jan 27, 2011
First of all, please learn how to spell, or better yet use the spellcheck on your computer before you post. And Second~There are two types of folks that see a Psychiatrist, people that truly need medication because they are chemically imbalanced and Drug seekers. Unfortunately because we are not in a perfect world these manipulators play the system and get drugs such as Xanax and they are the ones who give our Dr's a bad name. I being a person that was a patient of Dr. Allaaham can say I think he is a good doctor and listens and diagnoses you appropriately. He can only do this by the behavior you exhibit in his office, and what you tell him. Unfortunately there are mass manipulators in our not so perfect world that have learned to manipulate the system. And to address the people out there that say if you have "anxiety" suck it up it's life, well put yourself in a soldiers boots that watched a whole convoy of their unit get blown up, and have to give medical attention to people that more than likely won't make it back home. And every time you close your eyes you see your battle buddies face crying because he knows he's not going to make it. That feeling is miserable and never ending and if the only thing that will relieve that feeling is a Xanax, then by all means take it. People are quick to give their opinion when they have never experienced such feelings. So the next time you judge someone by the medication they consume or the type of doctor they see, just think about what's going on in their mind and what they might have experienced. Last but not least a Psychiatrist usually prescribes medication, and a psychologist is who you go to to receive therapy and talk to for psychotherapy, non-chemical therapy. Both a psychologist and a psychiatrist are essential in treating your mental well-being.
Anyone

Corbin, KY

#17 Jan 28, 2011
Behavior my ass how do you know anything about behavior when he spends a whole 5 mins with you.
drew

Danville, KY

#18 Jan 29, 2011
Allaham No way wrote:
Dr. Allaham? No way! I am not surprised at some comments above about him.
See Dr. Williams! He is awesome, makes time to listen to you, and is very nice! I have seen Dr. Williams for a while now. Once I was stuck with seeing Dr. Allaham because Dr. Williams was not available as he was on vacation. I asked him some questions about a certain medicine I was on. He abruptly stopped it saying I did not need it because of all the questions I asked. I was like WTFFFF! I was so upset. I got to see Dr. Williams the next few days when he came back. I told him what happened. He was not pleased and put me back on the medicine. I get the creeps when I see Allaham! Dr. Williams has moved out to a different office now.
What is Cyberbullying?

Cyberbullying occurs when one or more individuals use the Internet to inflict psychological harm on another individual. This can occur in many forms, including: using social media techniques to spread hurtful or untrue information about another individual, creating fake identities and using them to manipulate others, posting unwanted photos of an individual, or doctoring photos of an individual using PhotoShop or other photo editing software programs.

Give your child the ability to report cyber bullying incidents instantly with CyberBully Alert Software.The sad case of Megan Meier

Recently, cyberbullying made headlines when a 13-year old girl from Missouri named Megan Meier committed suicide in her bedroom inside her parentís home. An investigation found that Meganís death was likely caused due to stress over being the target of a cruel cyberbullying incident.

Megan developed a relationship on MySpace with an individual who she thought was a new boy in the area, but turned out to be a cabal of other individuals from the neighborhood, including adults such as Lori Drews (whoís 13-year old daughter was once friends with Megan, but had gotten into a fight with her) and an 18-year-old temporary office worker who worked for Drews.

The group created an elaborate hoax to make Megan believe that she had a burgeoning relationship with the boy. When the plot was revealed for all to see, Megan was unable to deal with the humiliation and took her own life.

The state of Missouri had no cyberbullying laws at the time of Meganís suicide and was therefore unable to prosecute Lori Drews or any of the other parties involved. Federal prosecutors working in Los Angeles however, saw the case as a clear cut violation of the Consumer Fraud and Abuse Act and stepped in to bring Drews up on charges for violating the terms and conditions of her MySpace account. That case is currently pending.

Bullying and young girls

This sad case is unique in that it involved an adult at the helm who should have known better, but the act of bullying has been around as long as there have been children. And while many individuals associate bully-behavior with boys, some of the most devastating instances of bullying occur with girls. What makes girl-girl bullying so harmful is that the age in which it is most likely to occur, say twelve to eighteen years old, is the time in which young women-to-be are dealing with a number of challenging issues regarding their bodies and self-image. Exposing them to high levels of emotional stress, such as those coming from being the target of a cyberbullying incident, can yield unpredictable and often tragic results.

The ACLU gets involved

And this incident is far from over. Recently, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has become involved in the case, concerned that in their haste to bring someone to justice for Megan Meierís tragic death, Federal prosecutors will be setting a bad precedent, and that the door will open to prosecute (or investigate) anyone who innocently violates the terms and conditions of the websites they use. Like the federal case against Lori Drews, this case is pending as well.
wat

Madisonville, KY

#19 Jun 21, 2011
Is dr williams new number
now wait

Danville, KY

#21 Jun 25, 2011
not wrote:
Ok a psychiatrist is a Dr who gives medicines for syptoms you are having, like depression and anxiety. A PSYCHOLOGIST is a Dr you see that will sit and talk you through your problems, and will help you deal with them, and give you suggestions to help with them. Ppl get confused because they go see a psychiatrist thinking they will sit and talk with them for 30 minutes to an hour, and they will feel so much better after they visit them. Their job is giving medicines to help you out. So make an appointment with a PSYCHOLOGIST and you can go and tell them everything you are going through, and I think you have hour long sessions, although some may only be 30 minutes, and you can let everything off your chest with them, and they will sit and talk with you the way you want them to.
mee

Englewood, NJ

#22 Jun 25, 2011
wrong!
*A psychiatrist is a physician who specializes in psychiatry and is certified in treating mental disorders. American Psychiatric Association.
*A psychologist is a physician concerned with the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental disorders.

*THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO IS THAT ONE CAN PRESCRIBE MEDICATION. KEY WORD BEING CAN, NOT DOES! Other than having the ability to prescribe there is absolutely no difference!

*I saw a psychiatrist in my teenage years and never once was I prescribed any medication. I went there for therapy b/c that's what a psychiatrist does. They should only be prescribing meds if they think its necessary and you usually cannot know that from 5 minutes. Secondly I am studying for a bachelors in psychology at the moment and have clearly been taught that psychiatrists do the same exact job as psychologists, but they have the option to prescribe medication when its necessary. When necessary is the keyword, every person that comes in will not need meds. Most can be treated with therapy alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
beggers by stores 52 min Louis 5
Dexter Gooch 4 hr curiosity01 6
Liquor Barn 8 hr somoyoho 3
Wal-Mart 13 hr Ajax and Snuggle ... 18
karen statom 13 hr know her 65
Doug Daughtery (Aug '14) 16 hr UR oblivious 20
Justin Grey 22 hr juan 3

Danville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance