Charleston Health Care

Since: May 09

Danville, KY

#1 May 10, 2009
What would the fly on the wall have to say about this place?
abc

United States

#2 May 11, 2009
Chingatomia wrote:
What would the fly on the wall have to say about this place?
I've heard it's a pretty good place for the old people, don't pay their workers enough though.
yoyo

AOL

#3 May 27, 2009
There aer alot of good workers out at charleston but they get treated like shit the guy who owns it dont pay them very much i have seen girls work their butts off for what they get paid its just not right i have a friend that works out there an i told her for the work that she dose she needed to get paid more i told them that they could make more worken at micky D's lol an thats sad any job at a nursing home is hard cuz u have to try ur best to make the old ppl happy an to care for them in the best way u can an i know alot of the girls out there work their butts off while the office ppl just want to bitch an sit on their ass the ones who own it fuse all the time cuz they say they aint got no money but they drive brand new cars i am sorry i know jobs are hard to cum by right now but ill tell u one thing i wouldnt work there cuz u dont make enough to live an i herad that all the office ppl can have their cell phones but everyone else aint allowed an if they find u with it they take it an will send it off to make sure u aint taken pics of the old ppl what the hell i mean he would take mine thats stupid for one an for two he dont pay my bill an if i worked there i would walk out before he took mine he wouldnt pay me enough to put up with his shit out there
Cricket

Mount Sterling, KY

#4 May 27, 2009
Charleston isn't a bad place at all. The elderly are taken great care of there. There are some great employees there that take great care of the residents. I worked there for a long time and for the most part..everyone was great. There was one that worked there that I couldn't stand and made working there miserable. Charleston would be alot better if they got rid of her. As far as the cell phone business..with the trouble that has been in the news recently about workers taking inappropriate pictures of residents and doing horrible things with them..I don't blame the no cell phone policy especially in patient care areas. I don't agree with them taking the phone away cause it isn't children working there..they are adults. Also though..people should act like adults and respect the rules of the facility. This rule should apply to all staff though and not just the workers on the floor. If the nurses and nursing assistants can't have their cell phones then no one should be allowed. My last point is..nursing assistants don't get paid what they deserve to be paid anywhere they work. It is possibly the hardest job out there. It is not only physically demanding but mentally as well. By working as a nurse or nursing assistant, you don't always make the money that you deserve but you do get the gratification knowing that you have helped someone who possibly can't help themselves and that is a greater feeling than money can offer. Yeah it doesn't pay the bills, but some things we just can't change.
Doughboy

Stanford, KY

#5 May 27, 2009
Do you think the elderly want to be treated like they are, these people have family that love and cherish them but the care is more than the family can do, very few work at a facility like Charleston to get rich, they do it because they care about people. If you want things to change it's within everyones hand in 2010 Ky once again will try to have a minimum staffing bill, call mail letters supporting this bill do it because you say you care, it's up to you. Together we can make a change for the better. Nursing homes will say it won't help and I wonder why, MONEY.
yep

AOL

#6 May 28, 2009
i know u do it because u care but he does not treat his workers right i know alot of them out there are not there for the money they are there for the elderly but what he dont know is if it wasnt for the workers who would take care of them i mean look at it this way if they didnt care they would all walk out an i have heard a few of them say that if i wasnt for the residents they would done be gone but if he would treat his workers right then that would be a great place to work i mean i know some ppl that have been there for years an are still making nothing u cant get their benifits cause they are high i mean for just a single person its 200 sumthin taken out of ur check every 2 weeks i mean what are u to do
Curious

Inez, KY

#7 Jan 20, 2010
What's with the old people living in townhouses on Bruce court? Did Charleston Healthcare buy them?
xoxos

London, KY

#8 Apr 24, 2012
yoyo wrote:
There aer alot of good workers out at charleston but they get treated like shit the guy who owns it dont pay them very much i have seen girls work their butts off for what they get paid its just not right i have a friend that works out there an i told her for the work that she dose she needed to get paid more i told them that they could make more worken at micky D's lol an thats sad any job at a nursing home is hard cuz u have to try ur best to make the old ppl happy an to care for them in the best way u can an i know alot of the girls out there work their butts off while the office ppl just want to bitch an sit on their ass the ones who own it fuse all the time cuz they say they aint got no money but they drive brand new cars i am sorry i know jobs are hard to cum by right now but ill tell u one thing i wouldnt work there cuz u dont make enough to live an i herad that all the office ppl can have their cell phones but everyone else aint allowed an if they find u with it they take it an will send it off to make sure u aint taken pics of the old ppl what the hell i mean he would take mine thats stupid for one an for two he dont pay my bill an if i worked there i would walk out before he took mine he wouldnt pay me enough to put up with his shit out there
thats all true i know because i have heard them talk about and they do have money look at all there new cars and clothes i wouldnt work there again if i had to i worked my but off there and never got a thank you all they want people for is to mke them money the pay sucks they may give you araise like .25 cents after working over a year and most that was'nt there that long got a dollar raise its whoever the boss likes the best so it dont matter if you work harder or not
know for a fact

AOL

#9 Oct 25, 2012
15 years and rn fired for overtime.. perfect record..and forced to work for free or risk her rn lisense due to neglect..do not put your loved ones there..horror andfear when mr. sparks has to stay his last days there... carma...greedy bastard..
fatnugly
#10 Oct 25, 2012
my sister works there for seven yrs, at first he get raise every year for four years and then they quit giving raise he dont have a raise for three years so he quit. all the family owners works there from son,fat daugther and inlaws, the family change there car every year. u ask for a raise they no budget but yeah they buy a new car every year , all the family that works there. the office ppl are rude. they dont have insurance, no benefits and no raise for ever. sorry ass owner...
just me

Georgetown, KY

#11 Oct 26, 2012
thats what i call taking care of the family at all means . so let the as-hole run it and leave .
Jenny

Danville, KY

#12 Nov 1, 2012
For some eye opening reading and public info. Go to web site Ky Cabinet for Health and family services. Bring up main page, click on to Agencies. Under Program Support Agencies click onto office of inspector general,then will bring up another page click on Links.Go to nursing home compare. Follow prompts and under charlestons inspections you can read full reports for all complaints and inspections. Have to click onto read full report.
lol

United States

#13 Nov 1, 2012
Lol
Jim

Danville, KY

#14 Apr 4, 2013
Whats up out there?
Amy

Danville, KY

#15 Sep 14, 2013
Jenny wrote:
For some eye opening reading and public info. Go to web site Ky Cabinet for Health and family services. Bring up main page, click on to Agencies. Under Program Support Agencies click onto office of inspector general,then will bring up another page click on Links.Go to nursing home compare. Follow prompts and under charlestons inspections you can read full reports for all complaints and inspections. Have to click onto read full report.
I read this ,amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bridget king from moreland 26 min lake lover 16
cody vest (Mar '10) 1 hr geez 13
Danville home invasion 5 hr WHAAA 1
When/where are the fireworks? 7 hr Spunky 1
Excalibur fireworks 7 hr Busta 2
Easy women 10 hr vickie 40
Brad Elder 10 hr Readitright 16

Danville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance