need some rrd news
copal

Glasgow, KY

#1 Feb 2, 2009
lets have it
Catfan51

Versailles, KY

#2 Feb 2, 2009
The hellhole is still there! what other news is there?
dork

Danville, KY

#3 Feb 3, 2009
u get a whole 2 bottles of water a day. free!
cici

United States

#4 Feb 3, 2009
RRD is not too bad. where else can you have a husband and a boyfriend :)
Conrad

United States

#5 Feb 3, 2009
copal wrote:
lets have it
I have worked there since it opened and I have to say that I am disapointed as well as embarassed with how Donnelley handled itself during the recent ice storm.

The entire commonwealth was in a state of emergency. Residents in Boyle County as well as all surrounding counties had no power and some had no water. Danville took the unheard of step of actually "closing" all city streets and asked (actually they "ordered") that all people stay at home unless it was an absolute emergency that they go out.

All the factories except RRD shut down until the mess was under control.

The Donnelly response was to continue to conduct business as usual as if nothing had happened. Everyone was expected to report to work.

No concern at all for the welfare of its workers who felt like they "had" to go to work during such a time, no cercern at all about supporting the local officials who were advising people to stay off the streets (many of which were impassable) and asking that people conserve water, no concern at all about the local community and the situation it was in.

Donnelley's only concern was with making a dollar.

At one time Donnelley was one of the most respected places to work in Boyle County. That time is long gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Logan Dyer? (Apr '14) 1 hr BiMale 8
Stephanie Gaines / Jarrod Reardon 8 hr disgusted I am 1
Brad Elder 9 hr True fact 5
Twins race track 11 hr Want 5
Fondly Remembering 14 hr Will Never Forget U 4
Kroger liquor 16 hr Bad cheese 4
should guys wear yoga pants (Nov '14) 16 hr Anal Virgin 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Danville Mortgages