First Prev
of 2
Next Last
amanda

United States

#1 Aug 31, 2012
Anyone know about suboxone?
Tommy

Danville, KY

#2 Aug 31, 2012
Just another narcotic, Ive had friends on it for 2-3 years. Dont sound like detox to me. Read blogs on it, horrible to come off of.
kuntry

Martin, KY

#3 Aug 31, 2012
Tommy wrote:
Just another narcotic, Ive had friends on it for 2-3 years. Dont sound like detox to me. Read blogs on it, horrible to come off of.
yeah it's suppose to help you get off other pills but it's just as bad as anything else and expensive...

Since: Aug 12

United States

#4 Sep 2, 2012
It's a life saver for addicts. But i guess they're not real people are they. if your just looking to abuse it, yea it can get you high three or four times...until you grow immune to it. Then it just makes you feel like a normal person who can live a life worth living. Do some research before you judge this medication. It's not heroin, and if it's too expensive for a person, than they don't value it enough. I'm a long term suboxone patient, and can single handedly tell you, it saved my life. Just gotta take it as prescribed.
idiots

United States

#5 Sep 2, 2012
It's substituting one evil for another. Do a little research, the withdrawal from long term use of this is worse than the withdrawals from the strongest opiate I.e. percocet, heroin, opium. It's designed by the government to keep drug addicts from committing crime to get their fix.
idiots

United States

#6 Sep 2, 2012
I don't want to discourage anyone from getting clean, I just want you to know that this drug should only be used short term, and by short term I mean a week or two. Antidepressants are also going to be needed. The hardest part about staying clean is that your brain is trained to produce dopamine and serotonin when the drug is used. It takes a while for your brain receptors to produce these happy chemicals on their own after being an addict.
Wow

Danville, KY

#7 Sep 2, 2012
I definitely wouldn't put it in a category with opiates and say it is just as ''evil''. Being addicted to opiates is FAR worse and the withdraws are horrible. I do believe suboxone also saved me after years of a pill addiction. Of course like anything else there are those that abuse it, but using suboxone the way it is intended was the easiest way for me to get clean and change my life. Don't see anything wrong with it at all!! Those who judge are those who do not know nor understand the power of addiction!!

Since: Aug 12

United States

#8 Sep 3, 2012
Hey "idiots", being on it is all the research i need. It's trading one evil for a little lesser evil, that's manageable. Something addicts aren't able to do normally. All your research is heyou could have heresy and gossip. Are you really that ignorant? You have two people here vouching it saved their lives, and all you can do is call it evil. I'll tell you what, if not for suboxone, you could easily have been mugged for someone the get their next fix. Open your eyes
looking

Science Hill, KY

#9 Sep 3, 2012
helipiro wrote:
Hey "idiots", being on it is all the research i need. It's trading one evil for a little lesser evil, that's manageable. Something addicts aren't able to do normally. All your research is heyou could have heresy and gossip. Are you really that ignorant? You have two people here vouching it saved their lives, and all you can do is call it evil. I'll tell you what, if not for suboxone, you could easily have been mugged for someone the get their next fix. Open your eyes
Agreed. The ones that can't afford the program, buy to keep straight or ween down and off. It works
Wow

United States

#10 Sep 4, 2012
This treatment has givin me my life back!

Since: Aug 12

Auburn, WA

#11 Sep 4, 2012
I'd be dead if not for suboxone. People will still find ways to trash it, because a once upon a time addict takes it.
Tommy

Lawrenceburg, KY

#12 Sep 6, 2012
Again , I have a friend who runs a detox and many are trying to detox off subutex or suboxone. Yes it is an opiate and yes the withdrawals are severe if not worse than heroin. Also places like self refind admit they have people hooked for 1-2 and 3 years on that drug. How can you say your high. Drug tests now test for it. It has street value! Why does it have street value? becuase people are getting HIGH. As for getting high off it 3-4 times and you get used to it, yup I bet you do. Folks being on a drug for 2-3 years is not sober. My suggestion is you go to real treatment that gets you off drugs. Yeah that may toake 90 days 6 months a year but youlll be clean and sober.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#13 Sep 6, 2012
yea, then possibly relapse again. Are you an addict? It sounds like your facts are based on heresy, like every person i debate this topic with. I can openly admit that there is a chance i could relapse in the future without this medication. So what's the point of me rushing to get off of it because you think badly of it? The money i spend is for me to live a normal life. I don't care if your friend does this or that. Doesn't mean jack to me. Everybody else is different. If i stopped cold turkey, yes i would feel like shit. The only reason it has a "street value" is because it's not over the counter. Though different, people are addicted to alcohol and cigarettes too, why no street value there? Because you can get it without a prescription. You know jack about suboxone. No, wd's are nowhere close to heroin. And no you don't get high off of it after about three days. Talk to any long term suboxone patient. If you haven't been through drug addiction, you don't know anything about it.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#14 Sep 6, 2012
Thanks for your "suggestion" though. I'll store it with the rest of useless suggestions that have completely backfired in my face. This, for me, is as clean as i can be right now. I'LL make the decision to taper off when i know i can trust myself not to relapse. I'm not up for the roller coaster of being clean then relapsing. Not worth it
wondering

Harrodsburg, KY

#15 Sep 6, 2012
so if your on suboxone then does that mean you were once addicted to a narcotic?

Since: Aug 12

United States

#16 Sep 6, 2012
In my case yes, but i can't speak for everybody.
Wow

Danville, KY

#17 Sep 6, 2012
helipiro wrote:
yea, then possibly relapse again. Are you an addict? It sounds like your facts are based on heresy, like every person i debate this topic with. I can openly admit that there is a chance i could relapse in the future without this medication. So what's the point of me rushing to get off of it because you think badly of it? The money i spend is for me to live a normal life. I don't care if your friend does this or that. Doesn't mean jack to me. Everybody else is different. If i stopped cold turkey, yes i would feel like shit. The only reason it has a "street value" is because it's not over the counter. Though different, people are addicted to alcohol and cigarettes too, why no street value there? Because you can get it without a prescription. You know jack about suboxone. No, wd's are nowhere close to heroin. And no you don't get high off of it after about three days. Talk to any long term suboxone patient. If you haven't been through drug addiction, you don't know anything about it.
Thank you! Couldn't have said it better myself. Those who are not addicts will never know or understand. I don't care how many you addicts you know or have seen, until you have been there yourself no one has any room to judge!!
drug free

Frankfort, KY

#18 Sep 7, 2012
Suboxone save me also. They do not make you high if you are truly an addict. They fix the opiate receptor in your brain so it blocks the opiate high and the cravings. it takes about 2 years for it to work as they start you out on 3 per day then every few months they take you down a half then eventually you do not need them. it is not hard to come off of if you do like you are suppose to do. the reason people are withdrawing from suboxone is that they are also abusing them. most of them that even go to the clinic are not even taking them, they are selling them. which i think is sad. the appts now are 410.00 and my insurance pays for mine all except for 25.00. i have Humana. Good luck to all who are trying to get their lives back on track.
drug free

Frankfort, KY

#19 Sep 7, 2012
also, the reason people buy them off the street is to get over their sickness when they cannot find their fix. but as soon as their fix comes in, they are right back to doing drugs. They truly do not want to get off drugs, just trying to keep from being pillsick. i know, i have seen it happen to some of my friends. self refind is now being monitor by the feds so they will not be keeping people on them for 2-3 years now.
evelyn

Danville, KY

#20 Sep 8, 2012
I was on subutex, for 3 f---n years. The detox was horrible and there was no plan for me to come off. I finaly bit the bullet and went to rehab and have been sober uinlike all of you for 2 years now. Suboxone is a narcotic and you are not sober and in my opinion whether hes an addict or not Tom is right. I went on for heroin im from florence and all the times i went thru detox off that it wasnt near as bad as the sub. And as far as street value goes It has value because its a narcotic and people get high off it, I know because I used to buy and sell them. Get real and honest helipro

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
melanie brummett (Oct '14) 4 min Derek Brummett 10
Justice for Kuntry 9 min Derek Brummett 170
Vicki darnell emrmc pox gate 3 hr monkeypoxs 7
Pray for Cecil the Lion 4 hr Dude 5
hospital on lock down 4 hr FunnyStory 25
Chestnut st arrest 4 hr for petes sake 5
Mike Gorley update 6 hr please 837
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Danville Mortgages