American Greetings Inc. hiring 150 people?

Posted in the Danville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
desperate

Kingman, IN

#1 Jan 10, 2010
Is American Greetings hiring and are they currently taking applications. Rumor is they are hiring 150. Is this true? Where do you put your application in at and when? Getting ready to loose my job in Danville. Does anyone know of any other factories in Danville or Harrodsburg hiring full time. Would perfer Danville or Harrodsburg but I could travel a little furhter if the money would pay my fuel. I am sure lots of other people in the same boat. Thanks for any help.
RRD Employee

Winchester, KY

#2 Jan 10, 2010
My neighbor just got on some factory in Harrodsburg it use to be trim masters other than that I have no clue you might try the hospital.
Lucky2

Danville, KY

#3 Jan 10, 2010
Yes, they are hiring. I'm not sure where you put in your application; call to find out. Good luck
Low on the totem pole

Danville, KY

#4 Jan 10, 2010
I work there and it was 42 and theyve already set up the interviews. I think they're still taking apps. It at the plant.
2 Tru 2 be Logan

Lexington, KY

#5 Jan 10, 2010
Do American Greetings hire felons?
2 much 2 handle

Lexington, KY

#6 Jan 10, 2010
Do American Greetings hire felons?
who cares

Danville, KY

#7 Jan 11, 2010
might as well they hire damn drug heads and drug dealers...its a joke at how many people are on drugs out there
Used2workthere

AOL

#8 Jun 24, 2010
We smoke dope on breaks in the parking lot during lunch every nite for the 4 years i was there.
Sissy

Danville, KY

#9 Jun 26, 2010
Yep alot goes on there. It's a job though. Can't get rid of the dope smokers and pill poppers. Things are starting to change a little now. People are getting hurt, drug tests now. Maybe they will wake up, management that is. One guy got hurt pretty bad, AG bought him out. Yes, drugs were involved. Guess they knew that. Don't know why they wouldn't hire felons, they hire everything else, supervisor has been in the pen, so I here. Great management, right? Makes you wonder what the rest of us are doing wrong! Good luck getting a job there.
Ebony

Danville, KY

#10 Jun 26, 2010
AG bought him out. Yes there were drugs involved. Lmao. Because that's how they handle it. No one got seriously hurt either. To which u will reply "uh huh"
welldothey

AOL

#11 Jun 27, 2010
Sissy wrote:
Yep alot goes on there. It's a job though. Can't get rid of the dope smokers and pill poppers. Things are starting to change a little now. People are getting hurt, drug tests now. Maybe they will wake up, management that is. One guy got hurt pretty bad, AG bought him out. Yes, drugs were involved. Guess they knew that. Don't know why they wouldn't hire felons, they hire everything else, supervisor has been in the pen, so I here. Great management, right? Makes you wonder what the rest of us are doing wrong! Good luck getting a job there.
So with the info you have stated here on a public forum,which I personally have no doubt to be the truth,I would be convinced that even a CHILD MOLESTER could possibly retain employment at this facility,would that be a safe assertion?
AG Employee

Richmond, KY

#12 Jul 25, 2010
I think it's a shame how people can only talk negative of a place they may have never walked into and/or don't know the first true fact about. There are a lot of good people that work at American Greetings. People who have families to provide for and want to make an honest living. Maybe the people you choose to associate with are not the best of people and choose to engage in activities that are illegal or not the healthiest. You should never judge others before you know the facts.
yoga freak

Winchester, KY

#13 Jul 26, 2010
AG Employee wrote:
I think it's a shame how people can only talk negative of a place they may have never walked into and/or don't know the first true fact about. There are a lot of good people that work at American Greetings. People who have families to provide for and want to make an honest living. Maybe the people you choose to associate with are not the best of people and choose to engage in activities that are illegal or not the healthiest. You should never judge others before you know the facts.
I don't like the idea of molesters and felons working beside me either, but on the other hand if they wasn't able to get a job what would they be doing with their free time? Do your work, mind your business and shut up,ya got a job and a good paying one.
saywhat

Danville, KY

#14 Jan 11, 2011
whats the interview like and do you take the drug test there or do they send you to a medical facility
Youngblood

Crab Orchard, KY

#15 Jan 11, 2011
Basic interview, nothing major. Drug test is done at southtown, or it was when I was there. I worked there 5 years and only reason I left was to go to nursing school. Was a great place to work with alot of really good people. Does Andy still work there? If so tell him youngblood says hey.
Mechanic

Danville, KY

#16 Jan 21, 2011
I like fckn the women there.
Navel

Lexington, KY

#17 Mar 16, 2011
We all know you do.
Nappy

Danville, KY

#18 Mar 16, 2011
Mechanic is tabby johnson one of them lol
someone

Harrodsburg, KY

#19 Mar 18, 2011
I used to work at AG worked there for 9 years and yes it is a good place to work and yes there is alot that goes on there.
momof4

United States

#20 Mar 20, 2011
do you go in there to get an app or do you have to do it online?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man wont leave a horrible women 25 min imnotawomen 9
Ciera Harmon 1 hr daboss 2
Governor 2015 ky 1 hr Joseph Cornblum 1
Online business 1 hr posting for a friend 1
looking 1 hr Richard 1
Cops at Kroger in Danville (Feb '14) 4 hr Kendall 287
Brittany record (Oct '10) 4 hr Now What 9
More from around the web

Danville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE