CIP

Danville, KY

#1 Nov 11, 2011
In today's society, it's hard to come across good role models. Who are some of the people you think are positive role models for young girls in our community? Letting me know some names would be greatly appreciated in helping to make decisions.
Bleh.

United States

#2 Nov 11, 2011
Creeper alert?
CIP

Danville, KY

#3 Nov 12, 2011
No. Not a creeper, just looking for some encouragement. I didn't plan on actually meeting anyone that was mentioned, it just helps to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
interested

Winchester, KY

#4 Nov 12, 2011
teachers, mothers, grandmothers, sunday school teachers, community leaders
Not: Madonna, Lady gaga, etc. TV and movies in general are terrible role models(I know this wasn't part of the question but just saying)
parent

United States

#5 Nov 13, 2011
CIP wrote:
In today's society, it's hard to come across good role models. Who are some of the people you think are positive role models for young girls in our community? Letting me know some names would be greatly appreciated in helping to make decisions.
It is hard to find good role models today but there are some out there. In the schools now, our children are mixed in with some mean kids. I try to teach my daughter to set examples and to continue to be nice to those kids but I also keep her involved in church and encourage her to hang out with the kids who go to church or whose parents have taught them good morals and values. It's crazy how young these kids start bullying and picking on other kids but I guess they see these behaviors at home or these behaviors are tolerated at home so they don't know any better. I feel the greatest influence on kids is what they see at home so it's up to us parents to be a positive role model in our kids lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tristan carey 19 min Doesitreallymatter 1
roads 57 min tonka 1
Schaper stomper toy trucks from the 80's 2 hr Fallguy 14
Best apartments 2 hr Piinkbarbiedolly 1
Priscilla Walker 5 hr missy 24
great clips 6 hr jww 1
American Greetings 11 hr Listen 24

Danville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance