one who stopped prayer
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
coffee mug

Lexington, KY

#1 Jan 10, 2013
who and why did they not want prayer
FendiBaby

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2013
coffee mug wrote:
who and why did they not want prayer
Because not everyone is Christian.
think!

Danville, KY

#3 Jan 10, 2013
FendiBaby wrote:
<quoted text>Because not everyone is Christian.
Only Christians pray? I'm not a pilgrim but I still get paid to take off thanksgiving and eat! Damn govt :(
Think so

Harrodsburg, KY

#4 Jan 10, 2013
No one is making them pray. If someone doesn't want to, then wait to go in the meeting until after they are finished with prayer or put your hands over your ears.

I don't know why 'nonchristians' have to ruin things for others. They always want to complain when no one is forcing them to do anything.
FendiBaby

United States

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Think so wrote:
No one is making them pray. If someone doesn't want to, then wait to go in the meeting until after they are finished with prayer or put your hands over your ears.

I don't know why 'nonchristians' have to ruin things for others. They always want to complain when no one is forcing them to do anything.
In America we have freedom of religion, and freedom from religion. We have a separation of church and state. Christians have church and other religious gatherings to pray and worship. Why do you want to bring your religion into everything else?

Also,'non-Christians': Agnostic, pagan, atheist, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, catholic, and all of the other religions don't ruin anything for Christians. If you notice, it's the Christians who get all bent out of shape when somebody says "happy holidays" instead of merry Christmas.
FendiBaby

United States

#6 Jan 10, 2013
[QUOTE who="think!"]<quo ted text>Only Christians pray? I'm not a pilgrim but I still get paid to take off thanksgiving and eat! Damn govt :([/QUOTE]

Wow. The correlation between those is nonexistent. If you're going to make an analogy, make sure you understand what an analogy is.
coffee mug

Lexington, KY

#7 Jan 12, 2013
merry christmas and happy new year to the non christian
Average Guy

London, KY

#8 Jan 12, 2013
FendiBaby as u can tell by my Name i do not claim to be the most smart person on the planet.But i have to say u r a complete idiot.A couple of post up u r talking about how non christians never ruin anything for Christians.That can be debated.But they thing in that post that shows your very low IQ is when u say CATHOLICS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS!Sorry but u must have never learned the history of the world for the last oh say 2000 YEARS!I am baptist myself.But the Catholic church and the estern orthdox church are the 2 oldest churches in the world.So CATHOLICS ARE 100PERCENT CHRISTIAN!Even though all churches disagree on some things we are all part of the Christian religion.FendiBaby that name fits you well since u have the mind of a baby!I can already tell you are a one of those know it all but know nothing people.What a dummy
Alright

Newburgh, IN

#9 Jan 12, 2013
So, as a Christian, I agree with the person who wanted it stopped. There is a Separation of Church and State, and a fiscal court meeting....is a government meeting. Plain and simple. Prayer was changed to a moment of silence, and that gives everyone an equal chance to do whatever they see fit..whether it be pray, think, or pick your nose. Whatever it may be.
bored

Winchester, KY

#10 Jan 12, 2013
coffee mug wrote:
who and why did they not want prayer
Madeline Murray O'hair... Because she was an atheist.
coffee mug

Lexington, KY

#11 Jan 12, 2013
always some small group of people always starting some nonsense. I hope the people of danville give her a hard time every where they see her
Silly Goose

Danville, KY

#12 Jan 12, 2013
On the agenda for Monday's City Commission meeting. So sad to see our elected officials CAVE over nothing!
coffee mug

Lexington, KY

#13 Jan 13, 2013
why the hell dont people stand up to these special intrest people if she dont like it she can go 77ck her self
FendiBaby

United States

#14 Jan 13, 2013
Average Guy wrote:
FendiBaby as u can tell by my Name i do not claim to be the most smart person on the planet.But i have to say u r a complete idiot.A couple of post up u r talking about how non christians never ruin anything for Christians.That can be debated.But they thing in that post that shows your very low IQ is when u say CATHOLICS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS!Sorry but u must have never learned the history of the world for the last oh say 2000 YEARS!I am baptist myself.But the Catholic church and the estern orthdox church are the 2 oldest churches in the world.So CATHOLICS ARE 100PERCENT CHRISTIAN!Even though all churches disagree on some things we are all part of the Christian religion.FendiBaby that name fits you well since u have the mind of a baby!I can already tell you are a one of those know it all but know nothing people.What a dummy
First, when speaking of somebody's low intelligence level, be sure you can use proper sentence structure and grammar. Also, be sure you can spell correctly.

When generally speaking of Christianity most are speaking strictly of Protestantism. Catholicism and Protestantism are separate in practice and beliefs. They worship the same god, but so so in different ways: using different scripture, traditions, and ways of worship.

So yes, Catholics are "Christians" in the way that they worship Jesus, but theu are not defined as Christian, and any catholic will tell you, they're not Christian because they are not Protestant.
sugarpie

Danville, KY

#15 Jan 13, 2013
FendiBaby wrote:
<quoted text>First, when speaking of somebody's low intelligence level, be sure you can use proper sentence structure and grammar. Also, be sure you can spell correctly.

When generally speaking of Christianity most are speaking strictly of Protestantism. Catholicism and Protestantism are separate in practice and beliefs. They worship the same god, but so so in different ways: using different scripture, traditions, and ways of worship.

So yes, Catholics are "Christians" in the way that they worship Jesus, but theu are not defined as Christian, and any catholic will tell you, they're not Christian because they are not Protestant.
Proper sentence structure has more to do with how someone was taught then someone's intelligence level.
FendiBaby

United States

#16 Jan 13, 2013
sugarpie wrote:
<quoted text>Proper sentence structure has more to do with how someone was taught then someone's intelligence level.
Everyone can be taught the same, but those who grasp it and are willing to learn it are generally more intelligent. Simple typos are understandable, but not when done over and over again.

By the way, when doing a comparison, "than" is used, when speaking of time, "then" is used.
ralph

Danville, KY

#17 Jan 13, 2013
coffee mug wrote:
who and why did they not want prayer
Ricky Smith because he's an athiest
average guy

United States

#18 Jan 13, 2013
Fendibaby or whatever u call yourself u have just proved again that your are someone who think they know everything but does not know anything about what you are talking about.I have many catholic friends and all of them will tell you they are Christians.Baptist and Catholics and all the other different churches are Christians.Even though they might now always agree on everything. What u have said is completely wrong.Simple as that.And about my grammer i really do not care how correct it is.I am a very sucessful business man.I could probably buy you out 10 times.I never went to college and i was raised in the country and proud of it.I bet you are one of those college grad that now have to work at some fast food joint
average guy

United States

#19 Jan 13, 2013
Also Fendibaby since your are not a Chritian as we can tell from your post.How would you know anything about it!Catholics use the exact same bible as the other churches
FendiBaby

Tucker, GA

#20 Jan 13, 2013
average guy wrote:
Fendibaby or whatever u call yourself u have just proved again that your are someone who think they know everything but does not know anything about what you are talking about.I have many catholic friends and all of them will tell you they are Christians.Baptist and Catholics and all the other different churches are Christians.Even though they might now always agree on everything. What u have said is completely wrong.Simple as that.And about my grammer i really do not care how correct it is.I am a very sucessful business man.I could probably buy you out 10 times.I never went to college and i was raised in the country and proud of it.I bet you are one of those college grad that now have to work at some fast food joint
I'm sure you're a successful business man. ;) Drugs are selling well right now.

No, I'm still in college, actually. I have one more semester and I have a job waiting for me when I do graduate.

Oh, my dad is catholic, and my mom was raised as a Methodist. They are very different in many ways. I've been to both churches and have friends that are both Protestant and catholic. They will all say that the religions are different. I've even spoken to priests and bishops and other hierarchies from both religions, and they all say that the religions are different. I have a minor in theological studies, and have written essays and other papers on the differences between the two religions.

This argument bores me, and your level of ignorance on the subject matter bores me. When you have a good argument, let me know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What’s up with Starbucks? 4 hr Nutsack 3
Anthony Letcher (Jan '13) 10 hr Stacy 150
Church (Jul '12) 12 hr Martin garey 10
Matt C 14 hr Matt c 9
ems/fire/police (Sep '08) 17 hr Martin garey 21
is gay (Dec '08) 21 hr John 51
James? (Sep '13) Sat russel 10

Danville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Danville Mortgages