London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

He is absolutely the best doctor around. He is very smart and a compassionate man. He cares about ALL of his patients and takes the time to talk with them. I can't say enough good things about him.
CaTazN-Catherine

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

I made an appointment this morning with this doctor. A friend suggested I go to him. I am new here in this area. I have a problem with severe anxiety and have been on xanax for many years , along with blood pressure meds., and asthma inhalers. My question is will he keep me on my same meds? I am no pill head so please don't answer if your going to assume that I am. I do not abuse my anxiety medication , but I do require it in order to be able to live without feeling like I am dying or having a heart attack...I have noticed other threads about him , people seem to like and hold great respect for this Dr.
Emotional

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

I love him best dr around
doubtful

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Dr. Shahzad is a sweet and compassionate man, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend him. My mother was a patient of his, and every time I took her to see him, we had to wait anywhere from 1-2 hours before we ever got to an exam room. Also, even though we expressed some specific concerns about her health, he did only a cursory exam, and ordered no bloodwork. I took her to another doctor, who immediately diagnosed her as diabetic (her sugar was 572, normal is less than 110), and started her on insulin the same day. Like I said, nice guy, but overworked and not always thorough.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

doubtful wrote:
Dr. Shahzad is a sweet and compassionate man, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend him. My mother was a patient of his, and every time I took her to see him, we had to wait anywhere from 1-2 hours before we ever got to an exam room. Also, even though we expressed some specific concerns about her health, he did only a cursory exam, and ordered no bloodwork. I took her to another doctor, who immediately diagnosed her as diabetic (her sugar was 572, normal is less than 110), and started her on insulin the same day. Like I said, nice guy, but overworked and not always thorough.
Complained for ten years with pain gave pain pills saw this dr one time and had heart surgery.
Saved my life.
A patient

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Was once satisfied as his patient, but the wait is almost intolerable and his staff up front aren't very compassionate since the one lady left. One of the girls was very rude when I was very sick and informed me that I would cause him to be over booked if I went in, even though I have been a patient for 4 years. Very frustrating.
He is a good dr., compassionate and listens most of the time. Very overworked, too rushed.
Letmetell

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

The man is only worried about money.
He makes visits for 7:30 or 8 am he doesnt even decide to come in till 10 or 10:30.
He get's a kick out of making sick people wait.

Partly because if you are sick he can't admit you and visit you in emphriam McDowell hospitals..so he sends his sick people to harrodsburg.

For me that is a big RED FLAG when a doctor is barred for what ever reason he gives from a local hospital...that should tell you right there to go else where..
But notice people from hazard county and winchester.Have you ever gave thought to why people would drive counties from there home to a family doctor?
PAIN PILLS...enough said.
Josey

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Is he married or single ?
A patient

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Hazard is not a county! Perry is the county. I never noticed or even thought such a thing was going on with him.(pills)
I am just tired of the 2 hr wait and the treatment of the girls up front. One is very rude and I do not like the way she talks down to people. I am looking for another family physician for routine medical care - any suggestions?
tiger lily

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

He was let go from Ephraim because of his failure to follow the basic expectations of a healthcare provider----he never charted on his patients! Unsafe, unsafe, unsafe and not to mention its against the accreditation standards. He'd wait for months to write his charts, and there is no way he'd remember all the details about every one of those patients, so he'd make it up. Patients want good care but they also need to remember that everything needs to be written down---that's for your safety too. I also noticed he's started seeing patients for that newest diet craze. Yes, he is money hungry too
Really

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Letmetell wrote:
He makes visits for 7:30 or 8 am he doesnt even decide to come in till 10 or 10:30.
Partly because if you are sick he can't admit you and visit you in emphriam McDowell hospitals..so he sends his sick people to harrodsburg.
For me that is a big RED FLAG when a doctor is barred for what ever reason he gives from a local hospital...that should tell you right there to go else where..
But notice people from hazard county and winchester.Have you ever gave thought to why people would drive counties from there home to a family doctor?
Don't bang on Dr. Shahzad without knowing your facts. He doesn't admit to Ephraim anymore because with the new staff doctors coming in at Ephraim they the board at Ephraim wanted him to give some of his patients to the staff doctors. He wouldn't give up his patients. I admire that. And further more I want a doctor that knows me and my family and listens to what I say is wrong instead if writing orders for tests to rule out something. He does not just write pill prescriptions and if you go to his office then you will have a piss test to make sure you are taking your pills. And no the new lady at the window is not as nice as Bonnie. I wish she was still there. But don't talk bad about Dr. Shahzad unless you have enough balls to say it to his face. He saved my life and I count him as part of my family. He is busy in his office but that should be a sign he is a good doctor. People WANT to see him. And as for booking early appointments, he is a doctor and does have emergencies. Either you can wait or reschedule. That is your choice.
Really

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

tiger lily wrote:
He was let go from Ephraim because of his failure to follow the basic expectations of a healthcare provider----he never charted on his patients! Unsafe, unsafe, unsafe and not to mention its against the accreditation standards. He'd wait for months to write his charts, and there is no way he'd remember all the details about every one of those patients, so he'd make it up. Patients want good care but they also need to remember that everything needs to be written down---that's for your safety too. I also noticed he's started seeing patients for that newest diet craze. Yes, he is money hungry too
Wow really? I worked at Ephraim and yes you have to chart but I will tell you that he is not the only doctor that failed to sign off on charts. There are many a doctor that have privileges suspended because they didn't do so. And he did dictate just didn't sign off on charts like I said many doctors didn't do. So now let me restate that's not why he isn't there anymore. As for not being able to remember, this man is an elephant and never forgets. He can remember lab values for patients and histories just at the drop of a hat. He is very skilled at what he does and I trust him with my own and my families life. He is one of the best at what he does. You are welcome to your opinion and I will state the facts. Ask him if you have questions. He is a brutally honey man.
reallyreally

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Then why did he ask my late wife why she was taking coumadin EVERY time she went for a visit, even with her chart in his hands? Stay the heck away from this sad alleged doctor.
really know him

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Letmetell wrote:
you are full of $hit you are probley pissed off because you didnt get any pain killers just ask some of the people that are really sick $hit for brains
twocentsworth.

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Don't bang on Dr. Shahzad without knowing your facts. He doesn't admit to Ephraim anymore because with the new staff doctors coming in at Ephraim they the board at Ephraim wanted him to give some of his patients to the staff doctors. He wouldn't give up his patients. I admire that. And further more I want a doctor that knows me and my family and listens to what I say is wrong instead if writing orders for tests to rule out something. He does not just write pill prescriptions and if you go to his office then you will have a piss test to make sure you are taking your pills. And no the new lady at the window is not as nice as Bonnie. I wish she was still there. But don't talk bad about Dr. Shahzad unless you have enough balls to say it to his face. He saved my life and I count him as part of my family. He is busy in his office but that should be a sign he is a good doctor. People WANT to see him. And as for booking early appointments, he is a doctor and does have emergencies. Either you can wait or reschedule. That is your choice.
You really have no idea what you're talking about.
what -ever

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

dr. shazad is the best doctor in Danville ky. prob. is the best in Ky.
citizen

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Hes great and as far as pain pills he'll give you the ones that will knock your pain not get you high!!! If you want those you'll have to go to a pain clinic. And his nurses are very unfriendly he needs some new ones then his office will be great. And as far as the wait you gotta wait at all of em
Former patient

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

He always asked me the same question. "Why are you here?" I wish he would have gone back to the paper charts and read the chart, not carry the laptop and not know that HE is the one who had me made the appt. A health care provider should read the chart before walking into the patient's room. He would know if it was a follow-up or something new. Frustrating.
He should also know the medication history to avoid writing something that did not work previously.
Really

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

reallyreally wrote:
Then why did he ask my late wife why she was taking coumadin EVERY time she went for a visit, even with her chart in his hands? Stay the heck away from this sad alleged doctor.
So sorry that you were offended that he asked if she took medication. But I want to know if you think you live in a perfect world where all people take all prescriptions all the time just as they were supposed to and never forget. He IS a smart man and no one said he was perfect. He is not God and does not pretend to be but he IS a GREAT doctor and if you do think so then you and your wife should find someone else to see. Ifthey do t ask her if she is taking her medication then they are doing something wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Danville Forum right now

Search the Danville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Le Jimbo 146,893
Cheddar's Girls 1 hr kkk 8
Vendors Village Racists Employee 3 hr kkk 11
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
do u know anyone that ever got into trouble for... (Mar '10) 3 hr Joyce 76
decide on danville 4 hr kkk 2
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr hillian 81,559
•••
•••
•••
•••

Danville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••