Hobby Lobby Wins
Hoosier

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jun 30, 2014
No birth control for women required
average joe

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jun 30, 2014
Its the conservative decision, yes, but even as a liberal I see the merits. A small, family owned business founded on conservative Christian principles can be excused from purchasing contraceptives for employees thru its insurance plan. Okay. I don’t really agree with it. But I can live with it. There has to be room for recognizing the conscientious objection. And I tire of hearing both sides talk about the war on women. I believe strongly in contraception. But if women are going to go to work for extremely Christian family owned businesses, they should do so understanding the health plan won’t pay for contraception. A reasonable accommodation. After all, we don’t want to further scare Christians who are afraid to talk about contraception. Just help the old women back into their buggy. Nothing to see here.

In a country where half of all pregnancies are unwanted because they were accidental, unplanned or imposed, I always thought contraception to prevent conception was preferable to abortion after the fact. But I just hated the idea of forcing people to pay for the insurance when they so clearly objected on religious principle. Its like the vaccination debate. I believe getting vaccinations is the best policy, and don’t give a lot of merit to the “causes autism” argument. But I always hated the idea of forcing parents to do it against their will. I know we’re seeing measles again because of this. But I do think the constitution protects certain religious exceptions. On a planet with billions of people I think it makes sense to embrace population control with contraception before we all starve to death. However. Even though I have little respect for fundamental Christians and their odd beliefs, I do recognize their rights. And they won today fair and square.
win-win

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jun 30, 2014
Can't afford to tithe now. I've gotta purchase birth control for the missus.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#4 Jun 30, 2014
That small family-owned store has over 600 outlets and made $3.3 BILLION dollars last year.

Awww...poor widdle christers are feeling put-upon? Good.
average joe wrote:
Its the conservative decision, yes, but even as a liberal I see the merits. A small, family owned business founded on conservative Christian principles can be excused from purchasing contraceptives for employees thru its insurance plan. Okay. I don’t really agree with it. But I can live with it. There has to be room for recognizing the conscientious objection. And I tire of hearing both sides talk about the war on women. I believe strongly in contraception. But if women are going to go to work for extremely Christian family owned businesses, they should do so understanding the health plan won’t pay for contraception. A reasonable accommodation. After all, we don’t want to further scare Christians who are afraid to talk about contraception. Just help the old women back into their buggy. Nothing to see here.
In a country where half of all pregnancies are unwanted because they were accidental, unplanned or imposed, I always thought contraception to prevent conception was preferable to abortion after the fact. But I just hated the idea of forcing people to pay for the insurance when they so clearly objected on religious principle. Its like the vaccination debate. I believe getting vaccinations is the best policy, and don’t give a lot of merit to the “causes autism” argument. But I always hated the idea of forcing parents to do it against their will. I know we’re seeing measles again because of this. But I do think the constitution protects certain religious exceptions. On a planet with billions of people I think it makes sense to embrace population control with contraception before we all starve to death. However. Even though I have little respect for fundamental Christians and their odd beliefs, I do recognize their rights. And they won today fair and square.
MegaRed

Avon, IN

#5 Jun 30, 2014
Well the obvious strategy of the treasonous anti-American POS baraq obamantion regime is to commit as many outrageous tramplings of the Constitution as possible on a daily basis and whichever tramplings the Supreme Court doesn't strike down can stay and become some asinine laws in baraq obamanaton's not so secret anymore agenda to destroy America as we know it.

Kick a scumbag lying dimoRAT obama supporter in the azz everytime you get a chance.

Since: Aug 12

Fishers, IN

#6 Jul 1, 2014
Private employers should not be forced to buy their employees anything that isn't directly related to the job. If the government determines that health insurance is something that is so essential that everyone must have access to it then they should raise taxes and provide it directly.

Indianapolis

#7 Jul 1, 2014
They've been trying, but the a-hole teabaggers in congress keep blocking it.
Pontificating wrote:
Private employers should not be forced to buy their employees anything that isn't directly related to the job. If the government determines that health insurance is something that is so essential that everyone must have access to it then they should raise taxes and provide it directly.

Since: Feb 12

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jul 2, 2014
Hopefully people that shop there will find other places to shop, the dollar can be mighty persuasive.

Indianapolis

#9 Jul 2, 2014
There are plenty of hobby/craft stores out there and online, and they're open 7 days a week.
madeofpizza wrote:
Hopefully people that shop there will find other places to shop, the dollar can be mighty persuasive.
2pearlsfor1

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jul 2, 2014
Amazon is wonderful and many items are 'add-ons' which means free shipping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breitbart turns on Donald Trump after his tweet... 3 hr God Bless the U S A 3
Clark Giles 4 hr right 5
Race is was why Burger Chef murders happened (Oct '16) 5 hr hubcap 25
IPD covered up The Burger Chef Murders (Oct '16) 13 hr Ed m 12
Adult Bookstores 80's-90's west Washington 14 hr I got your pickle 8
Marion County Chief Deputy Coroner Alfie Ballew Mon curious 2
Matt and the pretty girl at Hardee's (Nov '16) Jun '17 Addie 7

Danville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance