Just Wondering

Naperville, IL

#1 Jun 22, 2012
URBANA A Vermilion County sheriff's deputy is scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 10 following his arrest over the weekend in Urbana for driving under the influence.

According to a police report, James "Nick" Beddow, 45, who listed an address in the 3700 block of North Lake Boulevard in Danville, was pulled over by a Champaign County sheriff's deputy early Sunday morning after he was seen running a red light in the 1500 block of East University Avenue, Urbana.

Police arrested Beddow for driving under the influence of alcohol and disobeying a traffic control light.

No information was available on Monday about Beddow's blood alcohol content.

According to the report, Beddow was taken to the Champaign County Jail at 2:17 a.m. Sunday, where he was released after paying 10 percent of a $1,000 bond.

Vermilion County Sheriff Pat Hartshorn said Beddow, a sergeant and 23-year veteran with the department, is currently working and has the same due process rights as any other citizen to contest his arrest in the courts.

Once the court case comes to a conclusion, Hartshorn said, an internal investigation will be opened within the department to determine what, if any, action will be taken.

What happened with this investigation Sheriff? The people who elected you want an answer.

Was the officer disciplined? Given a stern talking to? Or did you just sweep it under the rug?

Let me guess....paid leave until you talked Champaign County into dropping the charges?
Polar bearin

United States

#2 Jun 24, 2012
Just wondering. The case is still pending in court. What would happen if the Officer was punished and then found innocent? Wait until the court case is over before you put your foot in your mouth. I agree, if he was D.U.I he should be punished but he too gets his day in court. Due process whether you like cops or not.
Jimbo

United States

#3 Jun 26, 2012
I do be greeing wit Just Wonderin. There be in dis her country guilty untill proved innosent. Cents that's the way it always be in dis here u s of a then Nic Baddows shant be no difference, I say.
JIMBO 2

Champaign, IL

#4 Aug 20, 2012
Iz Dat YOU der squirl man. You bees so funny. You makes me laufs my azz off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermilion jail officer fired over pot taken int... 15 hr Ed Donna 4
Why Does D-Vegas Suck? (Apr '12) Dec 21 The real story 114
Presence Torture Hospital Dec 18 red 4
Who's the bar tender at Main Street bar with th... Dec 15 ihatedanville 5
Danville councilman says he's a candidate to re... Dec 9 Mike Purr 2
Barbaric police, civilized citizens Dec 5 Dunkin cops 1
Pritcher vermilion county's dirty cop Dec 3 Corruption buster 10
Danville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web