Riding mowers/ wheelchair scooters on the road

Posted in the Dansville Forum

Anonymous

Rochester, NY

#1 Mar 8, 2011
This really burns me. How do people get away with this. How can these people use these as a mode of transportation and get away with it. I mean driving to plow out someones driveway or mow there lawn is one thing, but to use these as a means to get to the grocery store or to pick cans off the side of the road is a bit much. I know I have to carry insurance and a valid license to drive on the road, why don't these people.
NY NY

West Henrietta, NY

#2 Mar 18, 2011
what does everyone think of the guy that hauls this girlfriend around in the in the wagon HA!
JOYMAN61

Corning, NY

#3 Mar 19, 2011
There is nothing wrong with motorized wheelchair they have to get around somehow.
STOLTZFUS

Rochester, NY

#4 Mar 19, 2011
JOYMAN61 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with motorized wheelchair they have to get around somehow.
Yeah they need to get around your right, stay on the sidewalks or walkways, not in the roadways {or partially in the roadways}. Now let say for instance this red rascal type scooter with a bag of pop cans hanging off the back of it or the lawn tractor with a man driving it and a wagon on the back with his ole lady or maybe sister in the wagon loaded with groceries going in the same direction I am. All of a sudden they start veering to the left, I as a good driver swerve to left to avoid hitting them, run into an oncoming vehicle, well guess who is gonna get the ticket and whose insurance is gonna sky rocket. If these vehicle are not on the roadway, I haven't a problem with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tabitha rose white Mar 23 Allyson 1
Village gas mart Mar 15 Gerry 1
sex offender (Jan '13) Feb '15 no todd 15
ferral cats in the village Feb '15 mike 2
Don't trust heather. Jenner aka. Middleton Jan '15 Heather Jenner 1
Heather Jenner and Allyson sherrod Jan '15 Heather Jenner 1
Livingston County Sheriffs Department (timeshee... (Dec '12) Jan '15 morris 14
Dansville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web