Teen Struck by Car in Dansville

Teen Struck by Car in Dansville

There are 121 comments on the 13WHAM story from Aug 29, 2011, titled Teen Struck by Car in Dansville. In it, 13WHAM reports that:

Emergency crews are on the scene of an accident involving a teenager in Dansville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 13WHAM.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
drdrtdrtudtrd

Owego, NY

#1 Sep 1, 2011
great kid
Family of Boyd Hilligus

Geneseo, NY

#2 Sep 2, 2011
How is it fair that if you slap your child, your charged and convicted with child abuse. If you dont feed your child, you go to jail. BUT if you run an innocent child over with your vehicle with no explanation or excuse...you get to go home, crawl into your comf bed, and have the media beg for sympathy on your behalf.

We ask that as a community, we come together and represent the life of our "bubby" This woman needs to be held responsible for her actions. Her statements to police state that she did indeed see Boyd on his bicycle but she can explain WHY she swerved to hit him. She later said that it was possible that she "fell asleep" If her possible explanation is that she "fell asleep" (if thats the true explanation) then she was obviously too tired to get behind the wheel of her car that evening. No different then a person having drinks and getting behind the wheel, or texting while driving. ALL our negligent. ALL should have consequences other than a slap on the hand.

RIP Boydy...we love and miss you more with each passing moment. Your life was worth much more than a simple traffic ticket.
Upset Parent

United States

#3 Sep 3, 2011
I am truly sorry for what the parents and family of Boyd Hilligus are going through and have been going through this past week.

I agree with you that there has to be justice for Boyd. Whether this woman fell asleep or was texting, she killed a child. The fact that she can do this and walk away free is just unacceptable. I have kept up to date with this story through the media and facebook and I have to say I am absolutely disgusted. Why is it that people are praying for the woman that hit Boyd?? Did she lose something?? NO!!!!! She was driving recklessly! She gets to spend time with her family, she gets to live her life. She doesn't have pain.

I can understand the family wanting justice legally and I agree with this. Don't just post that they want justice, do something. Form a justice for Boyd group on facebook, invite every media source you can think of to join it. Start with the papers, the Express, the County News, email all the Rochester Radio Stations and News Stations. Inform them what you are doing. In this day and age word of mouth is HUGE help!!

I know that the pain will never go away and there will forever be a huge hole in this family's life. But knowing why their child was taken from them, is the closure this family needs.
Eddie

Rochester, NY

#4 Sep 4, 2011
I noticed in the news vid the speed limit is 30 there, however it looked like people were whipping along much faster than that...
Wow

Elmira, NY

#5 Sep 4, 2011
Eddie wrote:
I noticed in the news vid the speed limit is 30 there, however it looked like people were whipping along much faster than that...
People always drive faster than 30 through there. I wonder if the driver was going faster than 30???
Upset Parent

United States

#6 Sep 4, 2011
Early this afternoon I went and checked out the Balloon Festival at the airport field. Walking though one of the tents I see the woman who hit this young man with her family. Must be nice that she gets to spend quality time with them while the Hilligus family mourns the loss of one of theirs. I know that if I killed someone six days ago the last thing I would be doing is checking out the crafts at the Balloon Fest.
concerned

Catskill, NY

#7 Sep 6, 2011
Susan campbell is very known in dansville, i have been wondering how she can live with herself after hitting boyd, to be down looking around at the balloon festival, shes not right in the head at all. My husband and i were on facebook seeing who she is, shes on her daughters page, and there is a page on there were she is saying send all donations to her lawyers office, what the f%%k is this bitch thinking, unreal, she has her daughter and shes not in jail, that's all that matters to her. This town has a big part of why she hasn't been charged, it depends on who you are, iv seen these cops in dansville stop kids walking, or riding bikes do nothing wrong getting bothered over and over by the same cops, but let this women walk , she will get hers.
Wow

Elmira, NY

#8 Sep 6, 2011
I did not go to the Balloon Fest at all! It just didn't seem right that as the town is mourning the loss of one of our children, there was a festival going on. I don't understand how she could have attended!!! Has she contacted the family at all to say how sorry she is or anything?
My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family and friends. This just should not have happened!
Dont worry about it

Watkins Glen, NY

#9 Sep 7, 2011
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
People always drive faster than 30 through there. I wonder if the driver was going faster than 30???
She was still in the 55mph zone further down the road it turns into 30mph if you have been reading the papers and watching the news speed was not a factor.
Dont worry about it

Watkins Glen, NY

#10 Sep 7, 2011
I UNDERSTAND THIS FAMILY IS GRIEVING THE LOSS OF A CHILD...BUT THIS FAMILY NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND IT WAS A ACCIDENT...THIS LADY DID NOT LEAVE WORK WITH THE INTENTIONS IN HER HEAD TO HIT SOMEONE.DONT YOU THINK THIS LADY IS GOING THREW ENOUGH MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL ISSUES RIGHT NOW...SHE HAS TO GO ON WITH HER LIFE KNOWING THAT SHE ACCIDENTALLY KILLED SOMEONE. SLANDERING SOMEONE, TALKING BAD ABOUT SOMEONE, SUING SOMEONE IS NOT GOING TO SOLVE THE LOSS THAT THE HILLIGUS FAMILY IS GOING THREW. AFTER EVERYTHING IS SAID AND DONE BOYD WILL STILL BE GONE.I WANT THE FAMILY OF BOYD TO SIT BACK AND THINK WHAT IF I WAS IN THAT LADIES SITUATION!!!!
THINKING OF THE HILLIGU FAMILY AND THE DRIVER OF THE CAR <3
cat1234

Kissimmee, FL

#11 Sep 8, 2011
People need to get their facts straight!!! I know for a fact that Susan Campbell WAS NOT at the Balloon Fest (or anywhere else for that matter) and neither was any of her family members.
I also know for a fact the the money being collected is not for her but for the Hilligus family! It is not "her Lawyer". It is a place of employment of someone trying to help.
If you don't know what you're talking about, don't be spreading rumors, etc. on the internet.
This was a tragic accident that is absolutely horrible for ALL involved. My heart and prayers go out to the Hilligus family and to the the driver.
Very Worried

Elmira, NY

#12 Sep 8, 2011
Dont worry about it wrote:
I UNDERSTAND THIS FAMILY IS GRIEVING THE LOSS OF A CHILD...BUT THIS FAMILY NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND IT WAS A ACCIDENT...THIS LADY DID NOT LEAVE WORK WITH THE INTENTIONS IN HER HEAD TO HIT SOMEONE.DONT YOU THINK THIS LADY IS GOING THREW ENOUGH MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL ISSUES RIGHT NOW...SHE HAS TO GO ON WITH HER LIFE KNOWING THAT SHE ACCIDENTALLY KILLED SOMEONE. SLANDERING SOMEONE, TALKING BAD ABOUT SOMEONE, SUING SOMEONE IS NOT GOING TO SOLVE THE LOSS THAT THE HILLIGUS FAMILY IS GOING THREW. AFTER EVERYTHING IS SAID AND DONE BOYD WILL STILL BE GONE.I WANT THE FAMILY OF BOYD TO SIT BACK AND THINK WHAT IF I WAS IN THAT LADIES SITUATION!!!!
THINKING OF THE HILLIGU FAMILY AND THE DRIVER OF THE CAR <3
What do you mean "don't worry about it"????? I have not heard it was an "accident"! She SWERVED off the road....she has no explanation as to WHY she swerved off the road striking this innocent child! Maybe if she had an explanation as to why she swerved off the road..... I think she should have her license revoked at the very least. She is obviously a danger to society! I have NEVER swerved off the road, even with distractions! I fully understand that while driving I am in control of a 3-4000 ton machine capable of being a deadly weapon! She obviously WAS NOT IN CONTROL of her vehicle! How do you just swerve off the road????

What do you mean "don't worry about it"????? If not for your friend (or is this her?), Boyd would be with us. How DARE you expect the family and friends to "SIT BACK AND THINK WHAT IF I WAS IN THAT LADIES SITUATION!!!!"!!!!! F**ck 'that lady'!!!!! It is about Boyd!!! It isn't AT ALL about 'that lady'!!! She caused this and should stand up and take responsibility!!! I don't think too many people have sympathy for 'that lady'! Has she apologized at all to the family? Has she apologized to the children of this community who shouldn't be grieving the loss of a friend at this young age? SHE has a lot of explaining to do as to how this 'accident' occurred! How do you JUST SWERVE off the road with no explanation as to why?????

As to your statement "after everything is said and done Boyd will still be gone". How DARE YOU!!! As if it is just a minor thing and everyone should get over it! Yes a young man who had his whole life in front of him is gone. His family will grieve for him the rest of their lives! His young friends will forever be affected by so tragically losing their friend! All because of 'that lady'! Like I said stand up and take responsibility for your actions! WE DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR YOU!!!!! I AM VERY WORRIED!
Very Worried

Elmira, NY

#13 Sep 8, 2011
cat1234 wrote:
People need to get their facts straight!!! I know for a fact that Susan Campbell WAS NOT at the Balloon Fest (or anywhere else for that matter) and neither was any of her family members.
I also know for a fact the the money being collected is not for her but for the Hilligus family! It is not "her Lawyer". It is a place of employment of someone trying to help.
If you don't know what you're talking about, don't be spreading rumors, etc. on the internet.
This was a tragic accident that is absolutely horrible for ALL involved. My heart and prayers go out to the Hilligus family and to the the driver.
Has she made a donation to the family? Stand up and take responsibility!!!!
hmmmm

Geneseo, NY

#14 Sep 8, 2011
concerned wrote:
Susan campbell is very known in dansville, i have been wondering how she can live with herself after hitting boyd, to be down looking around at the balloon festival, shes not right in the head at all. My husband and i were on facebook seeing who she is, shes on her daughters page, and there is a page on there were she is saying send all donations to her lawyers office, what the f%%k is this bitch thinking, unreal, she has her daughter and shes not in jail, that's all that matters to her. This town has a big part of why she hasn't been charged, it depends on who you are, iv seen these cops in dansville stop kids walking, or riding bikes do nothing wrong getting bothered over and over by the same cops, but let this women walk , she will get hers.
Hey jackass - typical Dansville know it all..... The accident happened outside the village line. The sheriffs dept is investigating the case.
Are you kidding me

Owego, NY

#15 Sep 8, 2011
Typical Dansville know it all is right!! All you moron's get on this site and comment on things without knowing the facts! How about being respectfull and letting the family deal with this terrible loss without having to listen to this crap. It's funny how everyone turns into an investigator when something like this happens. No need to go over what happened on here and try to figure it out....Leave it to the family and the sheriff's department.
Very Worried

Elmira, NY

#16 Sep 8, 2011
Are you kidding me wrote:
Typical Dansville know it all is right!! All you moron's get on this site and comment on things without knowing the facts! How about being respectfull and letting the family deal with this terrible loss without having to listen to this crap. It's funny how everyone turns into an investigator when something like this happens. No need to go over what happened on here and try to figure it out....Leave it to the family and the sheriff's department.
The family has asked for support in this situation.
Are you kidding me

Owego, NY

#17 Sep 9, 2011
Giving support is great....getting on here and acting like a total moron is not.....
Very Worried

Elmira, NY

#18 Sep 9, 2011
Are you kidding me wrote:
Giving support is great....getting on here and acting like a total moron is not.....
Do you know the family? MYOB!!!!!
Are you kidding me

Owego, NY

#19 Sep 9, 2011
Actually very well dumbass
Very Worried

Elmira, NY

#20 Sep 9, 2011
Very Worried wrote:
<quoted text>
The family has asked for support in this situation.
I will stick with them until justice is done. She will not come off clean!
I will NOT stand by and let anyone disrespect the Hilligus family. How dare someone tell the Hilligus to basically "get over it". There was complete negligence on her part and she should have to face the consequences, just like we all would have to do.
Let me guess....you are a friend of hers? FYI: NOBODY is going to let it go! RIP Boyd!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whatever became of good ol rick sawdey anyway? (Dec '10) 55 min No name 18
News Four Wayland men arrested for thefts in Sparta (Jan '12) Jan 3 Britt 18
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Dec 23 Good fella 32
Wills ex wife (Feb '16) Nov '16 Noneya 2
Adoptee Nov '16 Lynn ann 1
News Dansville Dental welcomes Dr. Park Oct '16 Ben 1
sexual predator (Mar '12) May '16 Vibe 4

Dansville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dansville Mortgages