Curious in Clinton County

Allentown, PA

#1 Sep 21, 2008
I guess I should have started a new post ! Posted this question on the wrong comment! Ok...can anyone tell me where in Dansville "The Burning Bed" happened ?
Many Thanks
Dansville Grad

Ann Arbor, MI

#2 Sep 23, 2008
The Burning Bed happened near Dansville Middle School. Off M-36 there is a brick church on the South side of the road, turn down that street and right before you get to the stop sign where you turn right to go to the school it was near that corner. There is no homes where the house was located, but a relatives house still stands on the corner - a big white house. The lady lives in Jackson and I went to school with her niece and nephew. Hope this helps :)
Curious in Clinton County

Allentown, PA

#3 Sep 25, 2008
Thank you "Dansville Grad" that helps a lot.
I am doing some research on Domestic Violence for a paper for extra credits in my class.
Thanks Again
Aimee Speer

Port Townsend, WA

#4 Mar 26, 2009
Dansville Grad wrote:
The Burning Bed happened near Dansville Middle School. Off M-36 there is a brick church on the South side of the road, turn down that street and right before you get to the stop sign where you turn right to go to the school it was near that corner. There is no homes where the house was located, but a relatives house still stands on the corner - a big white house. The lady lives in Jackson and I went to school with her niece and nephew. Hope
this helps :)
Actually, there is a house there and it is Grove St.
Down in Dville

Concrete, WA

#5 Jun 16, 2009
Aimee Speer wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there is a house there and it is Grove St.
The lot is empty. There is a church, the empty lot, and then a house on the corner.
4 houses from Burning Bed

United States

#6 Jun 26, 2009
It was right next to the Brick church on the corner of Grove Street and M-36. The family members that lived next goor were his mom and dad. Big white house o the corner of Adams Street and Grove Street. Last time I went out there the was still the tree in the corner of the lot where the house stood. Just a little tid bit of info too the frame of "the bed" stood next to that tree for probubly close to 20 years. I was a very close friend of one of the nieces to the family, she was younger than I was.
Heidi

Farmington, MI

#7 Nov 25, 2009
Actually there is not a house there. It is on the corner of Adams and Grove. The lot is vacant
Aimee Speer

Port Townsend, WA

#8 Dec 3, 2009
Gray house right next to Flossie's on Grove...built about six years ago.
Linda

Raleigh, NC

#9 Feb 22, 2010
Curious in Clinton County wrote:
I guess I should have started a new post ! Posted this question on the wrong comment! Ok...can anyone tell me where in Dansville "The Burning Bed" happened ?
Many Thanks
It happened at 1079 Grove Street, Dansville, MI. The house is no longer there. My mother sold it to them.
mary

Rock Falls, IL

#10 Aug 16, 2010
Where are all the family members now?
Jimmy Hughes

Holt, MI

#11 Feb 3, 2011
I am Francines son and there is a house there now, has been for at least 8 years.
Jimmy Hughes

Holt, MI

#12 Feb 3, 2011
It was 1079 S.Grove and the house that is there now has a wheelchair ramp and the house was built by my uncle.It sits next door to the gray house on the corner.
Friend of current owners

Ann Arbor, MI

#13 Jun 14, 2011
The "new" house (built in 1991 or 1992) is 1081 Grove instead of 1079 - even though the deed/title-work recognizes the property as 1079, the US Post Office does not. In 2008, the house and property were sold (bank-owned due to very unfortunate circumstances to the original owners of the "new" house) and it has been occupied since. The current owners knew nothing of the history of the property until neighbors from all around visited and felt compelled to tell them stories. Only one "weird" occurrence has happened since the current owners bought it (but it is believed this occurrence was related to the prior owners and nothing to do with the burning bed owners). Also, a marked gravestone for possibly the prior owners dog(s) was discovered behind the shed - the gravestone and surrounding area has been preserved out of the utmost of respect to the prior owners. All is well.
dsmith418

Enfield, IL

#14 Jul 2, 2012
What became of the rest of the Hughes family after this? Not the kids but like Mickey's family. What about them? What are their thoughts about it all? Did they all scatter off in different parts after the us or are they all still in dansville?
Kelly Burley

Haslett, MI

#15 Dec 14, 2012
Jimmy,

I grew up and graduated from Holt...I was wondering what happened to all of the family.
goodyear

Toledo, OH

#16 Jan 3, 2013
I heard Francine lives in Alabama. she married state trooper.she doesn't like to talk much about what happened in dannsville I heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Thu Ann 126
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 12 Sybil 95
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
Debate: Ferguson - Okemos, MI Aug 21 Impose martial law 1
High Water Bills Hit Williamston Aug '14 brenda bartkowiak 1
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
•••
•••
•••

Dansville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dansville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dansville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dansville